Back to the Future
The mutant known only as Bishop was born in the 21st Century A.D. of an alternate timeline in which the mutant-hunting robots called the Sentinels had taken control of North America. In this timeline, Professor Charles Xavier and most of the members of the mutant team he founded, the X-Men, were killed by the Sentinels. Mutants were killed or were imprisoned within "mutant relocation camps."
Bishop and his sister Shard were both born in one of the "mutant relocation camps." Like other mutants they were branded with "M" tattoos over their right eyes for identification.
Eventually, "normal" human beings and mutants joined forces and overthrew the Sentinels. However, "normal" humans still resisted coexistence with mutants, and radical terrorist groups of mutants made war on "normal" humans.
While in the mutant relocation camp, he came face to face with a member of the rebel Clan Askani, Cable. Together, they decided to go back to the past and warn the X-Men before the Sentinels started attacking.
Powers and Abilities
Bishop is an Alpha-mutant.
Energy Absorption: Bishop can absorb most types of energy, including magic and psychic, directed toward him. The nature of his powers makes it difficult to damage him with energy-based attacks, while also enabling him to work well with any energy-using teammates. Bishop can also store absorbed energy within his personal reserves, whereupon the energy increases his strength, speed, stamina and recuperative abilities, as well as affording him a measure of invulnerability. The upper limits of his ability to enhance his own physical abilities with absorbed energy is not exactly known but is well into the level of being super human. He is learning to use his energy to temporarily increase his physical attributes in a manner similar to Sebastian Shaw and Agent Zero. This power is passive, allowing Bishop to absorb energy at all times.
- Concussive Blasts: He can re-channel the absorbed energy through his body for bio-kinetic concussive blasts or in the same form that was absorbed but with twice the force/power, including Storm's weather effects. This re-channeled energy is apparently able to damage beings normally immune to their own powers.
- Accelerated Healing
- Enhanced Strength
- Enhanced Speed
- Enhanced Stamina
- Enhanced Endurance: His powers reduce the need for sleep, food, drinking, body evacuations, and oxygen.
- Energy Resistance
Bishop recently has shown the ability to instinctively determine his exact location and the time he is in at all times, even if asleep. This may have to do with the chronal energies he absorbed. Bishop is a trained police officer, skilled in the homicide branch. Bishop has also had many years of armed and unarmed combat training has made him a devastating unarmed combatant, and a superb marksman with firearms, both from his own time, some of which he brought with him from the future when he originally arrived in our present, and also both heavy duty military and conventional guns and weapons of the present time.
When not enhanced by his ability to absorb energy Bishop possesses the normal human strength of a man of his age, height, and build who engages in intensive regular exercise. When enhanced he can lift at least twice his body-weight; 550lbs
- Some energy types are more difficult to absorb than others. Bishop can be overloaded by trying to absorb too much energy, though his upper limits are unknown, even to himself.
- Although he can absorb psionic energy from blasts or telekinetic attacks, Bishop is not immune to telepathic attacks, but his power sustains him and helps him to slow them down.
- He is partially vulnerable to non-energy weapon attacks, so if he were to be shot by a projectile weapon or hit with a crowbar, it could harm him.
Equipment: None known.
Transportation: None known.
Weapons: Guns that fire laser beams and plasma charges. He is able to recharge them with his own stored energy.
- No special notes.
- No trivia.
- Appearances of Lucas Bishop (Earth-1010)
- Character Gallery: Lucas Bishop (Earth-1010)
- Quotations by Lucas Bishop (Earth-1010)
Discover and Discuss
- Search News for: · ·
Links and References