In the dimension known as Mojoworld, beings called the Spineless Ones ascended to ruling the area. A temporal loop drove them mad. They ordered a number of humanoid slaves created to serve them. However, Arize, the slaves' creator, deemed that they should be able to fight their oppressors and gave a number of them enhanced abilities.
Longshot was forced to perform dangerous stunts due to his unwillingness to cooperate as a slave of Mojo. Longshot eventually began a rebellion, after meeting Arize and became a legendary hero, but was captured by the Spineless Ones. They artificially induced amnesia in him, so Longshot would become a submissive slave.
Powers and Abilities
He was genetically engineered and augmented by magical means to have certain superhuman abilities.
- Superhuman Speed
- Superhuman Agility: He possesses the equivalent musculature of a human male,
- Superhuman Reflexes
- Superhuman Endurance
- Superhuman Attractiveness: He has some degree of supernatural attractiveness which tends to compel women to fall in love with him upon first sight.
- Psychometry: He can read "psychic imprints" that people leave on objects that they have handled and sometimes can even look into the future of the person or object he touches.
- Psychometric Insight: He can also telepathically "read" the recent memories of a person by making physical contact with him or her.
- Probability Field Manipulation: The mystical augmentation gave him the ability to affect probability fields through psionic means in order to give himself "good luck" in his activities. His mystical transformation is related to his concept of his place in the universe and where he fits best in it. This allows incredibly unlikely events to happen in Longshot's favor. This ability is tied into the positive aspects of his personality: should he attempt to use his powers for a selfish or evil act, or should he give up hope, his powers will fail to function or even backfire, giving him bad luck.
- Reality Warp Resistance: Because of his probability field manipulation power, Longshot is shielded from the reality-warping powers of others.
He has a star shaped scar on his left eye from being branded. The scar is only visible (glowing brightly) when Longshot uses his powers.
Longshot is proficient in the use of jet-packs for flight, and in the use of beam weapon side-arms.
When near others Probability Manipulators, his powers malfunction.
Equipment: None known.
Transportation: None known.
Weapons: Longshot carries blades which he hurls with inhuman accuracy. His throwing blades are carried in a bandoleer which artists have never been consistent in depicting. Longshot claims his knives can cut through anything.
The lowest number of pouches in the bandoleer has been seen to be 33 exactly, but the bandoleer has also been seen with upwards of 60 pouches and the more common depictions seem to be somewhere in the 40's. Longshot has always carried a shoulder bag and large belt pouches, in which he has kept many collected objects that have caught his fancy.
Originally, his belt held three pouches (two on the right, one on the left side where he normally wears his shoulder bag), though four pouches were much more regularly depicted thereafter.
- No special notes.
- No trivia.
- Appearances of Longshot (Earth-1010)
- Character Gallery: Longshot (Earth-1010)
- Quotations by Longshot (Earth-1010)
Discover and Discuss
- Search News for: ·
Links and References