Lockheed was a member of a highly advanced dragon-like extra-terrestrial race, who were capable of traveling through space via special astral ships which transported their essences. Their society was similar to insect hives, with the individual being only part of the "Flock". Lockheed had been celebrated by his people as a brave fighter and hero against the Brood.
Lockheed looked like a small European dragon about the size of a cat. He had purple skin, sharp claws and teeth, two small, curved horns protruding from the back of his head and wings that enabled him to fly. He could breathe fire with extreme intensity and was a surprisingly formidable combatant for his size.
Lockheed was apparently capable of speech, but chose not to talk.
The X-Men were kidnapped into space by the alien Brood and taken to a brood-colonized planet. On this planet, Kitty Pryde met Lockheed, who resembled the cat-sized purple dragon from a fairy tale she had recently told to young Illyana Rasputin. He saved her from the Brood and then returned to Earth with her. By leaving the flock so unexpectedly, he left behind his fiancée who he was due to wed the following day.
Kitty tried to hide his presence from Professor X and her teammates, but he was discovered when he again saved her life, this time from a nest of alien Sidrian hunter hatchlings. The X-Men accepted his presence in the X-Mansion, and Lockheed became Kitty's longtime companion.
Powers and Abilities
Lockheed is a purple-skinned alien with a dragon-like appearance about the size of a large cat.
- Flight: Lockheed possesses the ability to fly by means of his natural wings. Naturally adapted to flying he is quick and extremely agile in flight.
- Fire Breathing: Lockheed can breathe fire, which he can project as either intense concentrated streams of flame or wide range blasts. Lockheed is immune to the intense heat and flames he can generate, as well as that from external sources within certain limits. Lockheed has been seen to withstand immersion in molten lava with no ill effects. He also possesses five lungs of unknown function.
- Smoke Breathing: He has also been known to breathe smoke. He has been seen to use this ability to fill an entire room with thick smoke, which he could still navigate in well enough to find a vent to escape.
- Enhanced Durability: Lockheed is also much more durable than most would assume, having taken direct hits from super-humanly strong beings and being relatively unfazed.
- Telepathic Resistance/Empathy: Lockheed’s mind is capable of resisting telepathic probes from even the most powerful telepaths. Like all members of his race, Lockheed is empathic, able to sense the emotions of others. Lockheed shares a telepathic link induced by the Infinity Gems with the other members of the Pet Avengers.
- Omnilingualism: He can understand what one is saying regardless of language; he knows several human and alien languages and speaks English, but rarely does so.
Lockheed is skilled in the piloting of his race's astral star-ship. He has also learned English, though he rarely speaks.
Strength level unknown. But has been know to carry a human in flight.
Equipment: Image inducer on a collar around his neck that creates the holographic illusion that he is an ordinary housecat.
Transportation: Self-powered flight, sometimes X-Men Blackbird.
Weapons: None known.
- Lockheed looks like a small European dragon about the size of a cat. He has purple skin, sharp claws and teeth, two small, curved horns protruding from the back of his head and wings that enable him to fly. He can breathe fire with extreme intensity and is a surprisingly formidable combatant for his size. Quite tellingly, the Brood that he confronted upon his first appearance were terrified and immediately fled upon seeing him. His brain is immune to telepathic probing by telepaths such as Professor X. He is also an empath which allows him to understand human speech.
- Lockheed is a member of a highly advanced dragon-like extraterrestrial race. Their society is similar to insect hives, with the individual being only part of the "Flock". Lockheed had been celebrated by his people as a brave fighter and hero against horrible monsters. He has demonstrated individual attitudes and wishes, however, which were realized only when he encountered the X-Men.
- No trivia.
- Appearances of Lockheed (Earth-1010)
- Character Gallery: Lockheed (Earth-1010)
- Quotations by Lockheed (Earth-1010)
Discover and Discuss
- Search News for: ·
Links and References