- So, uh, uh, when... When you get back, I'll show you my thing. A thing. It's not-- I-It's my hardware. My equipment! Let's... hang up.
- It's like magic. But, it's-- it's science.
- --Leo Fitz
- Whoa, whoa, whoa! Watch it, that's the Night-Night Gun!"
"Well, it's on my stuff, it doesn't work and there's no way we're calling it the "Night-Night Gun."
"The bullets work. Non-lethal, heavy stopping power, break up under the sub-cutaneous tissue--"
"Oh, with a dose of .1 micrometers of dendrotoxin. I'm not Hermione. I can't create instant paralysis with that!
- I said there would come a moment when we would regret the decision to go in the field. I didn't think that would happen in week one.
- If we had a small monkey, he could slip through the sensors and disable the fence's power source with his adorable little hands.
- --Leo Fitz
- We're gonna have this new 'Night-Night' pistol working in no time, okay?"
"Great. One thing. We're not calling it that."
"Yes, we-- Yes, we are.
- What's Fitz doing over there?"
"He detected a strange energy coming off the body."
"It's the smell!"
"There's no shame in it Fitz, it's perfectly natural to be afraid."
"No, the only thing I'm afraid of is putrid decaying flesh corrupting my pristine workspace! Do you remember what happened the last time you brought a dead thing into the lab?"
"Oh not the stupid cat again, and it's our lab, not yours!"
"No, the cat. Tell him about the cat! You left it's liver next to my lunch!
- Don't you dare act like these last few months haven't been the highlight of your entire pasty life."
"Pasty? Oh, really? Well, when did you become so sun-kissed? Because I'm pretty sure that every minute of every day, you've been stuck in a lab right beside me. At the Academy, Sci-Ops, this plane, you've been right beside me the whole damn time!
- How long can you hold your breath underwater?"
"I-I don't know."
"Are you familiar with the term 'Slam and Cram'?"
"No, and I do- I don't think I want to be."
"How attached are you to your pinky?"
"Very, very attached, and before you ask another terrifyingly vague question, let me be clear. Any plan that involves even one of those scenarios isn't going to work for me.
- Checking for alien spectrographic signatures one teeny rock at a time."
"Necessary precaution. We don't want anything alien getting into the wrong hands."
"Still, this is definitely the type of work a monkey could easily do."
"You're our little monkey.
- Bet there aren't any flowered dresses where she's going."
"Amen to that, sister.
- If you don't know the history of S.H.I.E.L.D. by now, there's no excuse. Unless you fell asleep in Professor Vaughn's class; that's a perfectly acceptable excuse.
- --Leo Fitz
- It's true what the other guys say-- you are the smartest person to come through here."
"Is that what they say? Yeah, well, Simmons is probably smarter, technically, but that's because she likes homework more than life itself.
- It's called a 'Mouse Hole'. Cuts through anything, really. I designed it a year ago and submitted it for testing, but it never reached distribution."
"Top agents always hog the good stuff.
- You're going to suffer for what you've done. And I- I plan to be a very big part of that.
- At least we still have each other."
"Good, 'cause the last thing I want is for things to change."
"Fitz...It's too late for that.
- Everything is falling apart around us. We don't know how it'll end. If there's something you want to tell her, don't wait."
"Maybe Simmons should check you again for a head injury... 'Cause that is not the Ward that I know."
"You know what? Do what you want. I don't care."
"Good to have you back.
- We have no authority to do this. We're no longer S.H.I.E.L.D. agents. We're..."
"I was gonna say, 'doing this because it's the right thing to do,' but... yeah.
- Ah, yeah. Well, my mum always said that you shouldn't be afraid, because it's just like the way life was before you were born. Which wasn't that bad, was it?"
"That's sweet. Although apparently I was miserable before I was born. Upside down, umbilical cord all wrapped around my neck."
"Well, I meant pre-conception-"
"I know, I was joking."
"Yeah I know you were joking, that's fine.
- You're more than that, Jemma. I just never had the courage to tell you. So please... Let me show you.
- You won't even talk to me now."
"Because it's embarrassing.
- So, I don't have an ex, but there was this girl that I liked, and I told her how I felt, but she didn't feel the same, so she left.
- --Leo Fitz
- I shouldn't have to ask any of you to save one of our own."
"You never ask! You just give your orders, no matter cracked up they are!"
"Mack, you'd do well to remember your rank right now."
"Really? Rank at a time like this? Why don't you shove your rank up your..."
"Not helping, Hunter."
"No, it's cathartic. Do you have any thoughts of your own on it, or do you just parrot his?"
"Coulson's trying to stop HYDRA."
"We didn't stop anything! We unleashed something on the planet!"
"No one knows what happened yet."
"It could have been a lot worse."
"And Skye barely made it out alive!"
"Thanks to Trip. He sacrificed his life, Mack!"
"No! He traded his life for hers! And then he was shattered into a thousand pieces!"
"That's enough! If Trip was here, he wouldn't be arguing, he wouldn't be bitching. He would be gearing up to do what needs to be done. Yes, we're dealing with forces we don't understand, but HYDRA I do understand. I want everyone ready when the sun comes up. End of discussion.
- Skye is my friend. She's different."
"Oh, yeah. Like I was your friend, and then I changed. How did you handle that?"
"Uh, t-the point is, secrets don't help any of us. Skye should have just come clean."
"What, and risked being locked up, studied, or who know what else? No, I wouldn't let her."
"Oh, you wouldn't let her."
"We could have handled her in a way that could have kept everybody safe."
"It wasn't fair to us, Fitz. We had a right to know."
"A right to know. What... is that the same way that Sif and the Kree had the right to know?"
"I think the situation is a bit different, mate."
"No, you would have done to her exactly what they wanted to."
"You don't know that!"
"Yes, I do know that! They would--you would--you'd "handle her"! Mack just said! Like, uh... like Skye's something to be locked up in a cage somewhere. We should be protecting her."
"No, Fitz. We're the ones that need the protection from her.
- I won't stay long, I just need to use the microwave. I didn't want to disturb May and her ex."
"Disturb them from...?"
"They're in the kitchen, talking."
"What are they talking about? Is it about Skye's condition?"
"No, it was of a personal nature. Seems that May isn't a good cook."
"Something Agent May doesn't excel at... interesting."
"Yeah, he teased her about it... she was laughing."
"Oh, he makes her laugh! Clearly she still likes him, and have you seen the way he looks at her?"
"Yeah, I have eyes Jemma, of course I've seen."
"I wonder what happened between them, why end it?"
"They're a bizarre pair. He listens for a living and she doesn't speak."
"Well you know what they say, opposites attract.
- What was in the case, Jemma?"
"Something to help Skye."
"Because you want to change her, is that it?"
"Stop it. I don't want to change Skye, the Diviner did that. I'm just trying to fix her.
- Things change, that's what I'm saying, so maybe if you can learn to control this then you could have Avengers level powers. Something like Captain America even."
"I think it best we keep in mind the unstable nature of Skye's power. If there is an Avenger equivalent right now, I'm afraid it's the Hulk."
"Well, Hulk saved the world last I checked.
- I hate to see you leave, Turbo."
"Only my friend Mack calls me that.
- Leo Fitz, Jemma Simmons, the ones that got away. I had my eye on you two when you were at the Academy. I wanted to recruit you, but Coulson beat me to it. I heard he actually bribed Weaver with cupcakes. Robert Gonzales."
"We know who you are, and we are quite aware of your commendable reputation. Under different circumstances, we might even be flattered... Which is why this is so hard to comprehend."
"Under different circumstances, we would have preferred to be invited guests, but that forced our hand. We had to take it out of play."
"What's inside that's so important?"
"All we know is that Coulson and Fury both believed it was valuable enough or dangerous enough to protect with extreme measures."
"Maybe it was their favorite recipes.
- I'll open it and give you what's inside, no problem. But only in exchange for something in your possession."
"How about in exchange for your life?"
- --Leo Fitz and Yusef Hadad
- You can spill my guts in the sand and use the case as a booster seat. It's your call.
- --Leo Fitz to Yusef Hadad
- Do something... Do something!... DO SOMETHING!... DO SOMETHING!
- --Leo Fitz to the Monolith
- I won't give up. I can't give up."
"None of us want to, Fitz, but..."
"Fitz, you tried. Okay? You tried your hardest. Everybody knows that."
"No. I missed something.
- Minister of Defense, former KGB assassin."
"And still at it, apparently.
- Fitz and I believe the General has the ability to manifest a form of sentient Darkforce, able to shift its density at will."
"Judging by the way he's elsewhere at the moment, it operates independently of him.
- They've wiped out almost 30 square kilometers of forest just to make room for this place. You wonder why the planet's dying."
"Got that right, mate. You and Jemma watch that documentary I mentioned?"
"Oh, yes! The one about the Amazon? It ..."
"And you'll talk about it later.
- Time is an illusion. It's how we perceive the fourth dimension. Simmons."
"It's mathematics. He's talking about space-time."
"How do you... How can I explain this? Right. We're 3D, yeah? Okay, but imagine... imagine we lived in a 2-dimensional existence... flat, just like a piece of paper. We wouldn't be able to conceive of three dimensions, of... of... of a... a cube or anything that's not 2-dimensional, okay? Yeah. Right, so, we flat paper people would perceive this 3-dimensional cube as many separate 2-dimensional moments. As time passing... the point on the line traveling through space and time."
"But, in fact, the cube, the line is fixed."
"Yeah, it's just sitting there. There's no future. There's no past. It just... it just is. And nothing you can do will change that."
"You're hurting my brain.
- Is there something wrong, sir?"
"You were there. You saw."
""We do what we have to do." That's your words."
"Yeah. And that's what I've been telling myself."
"And now you don't believe that that's true?"
"It was true for you. You were left no choice on that planet. You did the right thing, but I crossed the line. Ward deserved to be punished, but no one deserves to have the life..."
"No, he did deserve it. He did deserve to have his chest caved in...no question."
"That's not the point. It was payback. That's not what we do here."
"Well, what was the alternative? I mean, letting him live, letting him win?"
"Don't you see? When I killed him, he did. I knew it would come back to haunt me, I just didn't think it would actually come back to haunt me.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.