- Look, you both have your S.H.I.E.L.D. traditions and all that nonsense, and personal reasons for being dedicated to the cause, but you've known me a long time, Izzy. And what gets me out of bed in the morning...
- Ha ha, and no. It didn't work out because interspecies relationships are hard. I was a human, whereas she was a demonic hell-beast."
"He doesn't like her."
"You don't say."
"She's pure evil."
"Hey, at least you got away from your ex, the guy I had a crush on is now the psycho living in our basement."
"You know, I wish I could relate, but all my exes are awesome."
"Is that right? I seem to remember an entire year when you had to pretend you liked quinoa."
"Yeah, that was a dark time.
- Anyone want to tell me what the bloody hell she's doing here?"
"Bobbi's one of our best agents."
"Oh that's rich, mind telling me what I'm doing here?!"
"That's easy, I vouched for you.
- Try being married to somebody who remembers every single little detail. It's not that charming. ... You think I'm being petty, don't you? Well, I'm not. I don't have a problem with Bob kissing that guy."
"Good. Because you had a hickey on your neck for a week after our mission in Miami."
"Well excuse me doing my job thoroughly. And with style.
- Two goals; stop the drill, find Skye."
"Aren't you forgetting the third?"
"Don't die out there. We tend to remind each other not to die."
"I thought that was implicit."
"He likes to hear it."
"Who doesn't like to hear it?
- I shouldn't have to ask any of you to save one of our own."
"You never ask! You just give your orders, no matter cracked up they are!"
"Mack, you'd do well to remember your rank right now."
"Really? Rank at a time like this? Why don't you shove your rank up your..."
"Not helping, Hunter."
"No, it's cathartic. Do you have any thoughts of your own on it, or do you just parrot his?"
"Coulson's trying to stop HYDRA."
"We didn't stop anything! We unleashed something on the planet!"
"No one knows what happened yet."
"It could have been a lot worse."
"And Skye barely made it out alive!"
"Thanks to Trip. He sacrificed his life, Mack!"
"No! He traded his life for hers! And then he was shattered into a thousand pieces!"
"That's enough! If Trip was here, he wouldn't be arguing, he wouldn't be bitching. He would be gearing up to do what needs to be done. Yes, we're dealing with forces we don't understand, but HYDRA I do understand. I want everyone ready when the sun comes up. End of discussion.
- Skye is my friend. She's different."
"Oh, yeah. Like I was your friend, and then I changed. How did you handle that?"
"Uh, t-the point is, secrets don't help any of us. Skye should have just come clean."
"What, and risked being locked up, studied, or who know what else? No, I wouldn't let her."
"Oh, you wouldn't let her."
"We could have handled her in a way that could have kept everybody safe."
"It wasn't fair to us, Fitz. We had a right to know."
"A right to know. What... is that the same way that Sif and the Kree had the right to know?"
"I think the situation is a bit different, mate."
"No, you would have done to her exactly what they wanted to."
"You don't know that!"
"Yes, I do know that! They would--you would--you'd "handle her"! Mack just said! Like, uh... like Skye's something to be locked up in a cage somewhere. We should be protecting her."
"No, Fitz. We're the ones that need the protection from her.
- You guys don't want Coulson in charge. I'll be the first to admit the guy's not perfect. Sometimes chews with his mouth open, tends to hog the mic on karaoke nights. But other than that, he's not so bad, really.
- You must be Lance Hunter."
"And you must be crazy."
"I assure you, none of us wanted this.
- Where's are the reinforcements?"
"I don't know. Stuck in traffic?"
"Are they traveling by clown car?
- Maybe we should forget all this, head down to Mexico. We can lay low, enjoy the quiet life."
"That's not an option. The problem is... there are no good options."
"Well, maybe it's time for the bad ones.
- At some point, you might have mentioned that backup was a lethal cyborg."
"Truthfully, I just wanted to see the look on your face when he showed up. Priceless."
"Glad I amuse you."
"You know I can hear you up here.
- So, what's the job?"
"When's it going down?"
"Any idea where?"
"You do realize the point of intelligence gathering is to gather intelligence?
- Come on Hunter, you weren't dumb enough to come here all cowboy, were you?"
"Sorry, but this coming from the guy who shot his own girlfriend by mistake?
- Lash is an Inhuman. Inhumans have markers in their DNA, if we test Banks' blood for markers we'll know if he's Inhuman or not."
"That's actually kinda smart.
- Aliens, I pine for the days when we didn't have to fight bloody aliens. It's just not a fair fight.
- We got no heroes here today, mate.
- --Lance Hunter intimidating customers at a jewellery store
- This is how S.H.I.E.L.D. works. You make a plan, plan turns to rubbish, we make a new plan. Oh, just to be crystal clear, this is the part where the plan turns to rubbish.
- I hate to be a buzzkill, but this is a gun-free zone, so I'm gonna have to take that off you.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.