- What better way to die than on your feet... With blood on your hands and fallen enemies underfoot?
- -- Kl'rt, the Super-Skrull
- -- Kl'rt, the Super-Skrull
Kl'rt was a member of the Skrull race. Years before he became the Super-Skrull, he was a decorated soldier in the Skrull army. This led a wealthy Skrullian countess from the planet Z'aragz'na to be betrothed to him. He spawned two children, a son, Sarnogg, and a daughter, Jazinda. Kl'rt favored his son and despised his daughter. However, Kl'rt's duty and devotion as a soldier kept him away from his family, most notably when he fought in the Battle of Harkoon. However after a string of defeats, the disgraced Kl'rt was turned away by his mate, banished from Z'aragz'na and was no longer allowed to see his son, however over the years Kl'rt secretly kept tabs on his life.
When Jazinda grew to adulthood she sought to win her father's respect and joined the Skrull army herself. While on a mission to recover the Sy-Torak Gem from the Kree empire, she was caught in the act. She swallowed the gem and it permanently bonded to her body. Discovering that she could not die with the gem in her system, and that its removal would kill her, Jazinda went into hiding. This failed mission put shame upon Kl'rt's home and he vowed to one day find his daughter and kill her for the disgrace she put upon their family. Meanwhile, Sarnogg underwent his first hunt, an event which Kl'rt witnessed from a distance as he was not allowed to attend.
The First Super-Skrull
Under the rule of Emperor Dorrek VII, Kl'rt became the first Super-Skrull. He was endowed with the powers of the Fantastic Four and sent to Earth to conquer it after the Fantastic Four thwarted their previous invasion attempt. With powers that were stronger than his foes, the Super-Skrull was more than a match against the Fantastic Four. Their leader, Mr. Fantastic, deduced that Kl'rt's powers were artificial and beamed to him from the Skrull throneworld. Reed then built a jamming device that cut off the Super-Skrull's power source and he was imprisoned inside a dormant volcano. Still seeking revenge against the Fantastic Four, Dorrek had his scientists boost the transmission signal, allowing the Super-Skrull to break free. Under orders, Kl'rt took the place of Franklin Storm, father of the Fantastic Four's Invisible Woman and Human Torch. At the time, Franklin was serving time in prison for vehicular manslaughter. Posing as Franklin, the Super-Skrull broke out of jail and fashioned the identity of the "Invincible Man", using his "familial" connection to the Fantastic Four to force them to hold back while he committed a crime spree. However, noticing that their foe replicated all their powers, Reed correctly deduced that the Invincible Man was really the Super-Skrull in disguise. Reed then constructed a weapon and threatened to destroy the Skrull Throneworld unless Dorrek agreed to cease his hostilities. The Super-Skrull was teleported back to his homeworld and Franklin was returned. However the Skrulls planned a double-cross as they had planted a bomb on Franklin to destroy the Fantastic Four. Franklin instead sacrificed his life, shielding the FF from the blast, saving their lives and dying a hero.
That Christmas Eve, the Super-Skrull made yet another attack on the Fantastic Four, this time while they were celebrating Christmas at their headquarters in the Baxter Building. Although details pertaining to this battle are minimal, Kl'rt was easily defeated and likely escaped.
The Kree/Skrull War
Soon the Skrulls' eternal enemies, the Kree, became interested in the planet Earth once again. Seeing that decorated Kree soldier Hulkling was among those on Earth, Emperor Dorrek sent the Super-Skrull back to Earth to convince him to join their side before the Kree did. However, he was confronted by the Young Avengers and Cloud 9 and eventually defeated.
Powers and Abilities
Skrull Shape-Shifting: Like other Skrulls, Kl'rt is a shape-shifter. Thus he has the ability to rearrange the molecules of his body at will into any form, shape or being perceived that he chooses. This allows him him to imitate the appearance of any of the four members of the Fantastic Four, as well as their powers.
- Hypnotic Gaze: The Super-Skrull possesses certain hypnotic abilities, the limits of which are unknown.
Fantastic Four Power Mimicry
The Super-Skrull has been bionically re-engineered to possess the combined superhuman powers of the Fantastic Four.
- Cosmic Energy Power-Receptors: His body has been surgically implanted with numerous power-receptors able to gather the same cosmic energy that mutated the Fantastic Four and mimic the functions of their powers. Originally this power had to be fed to him via a special relaying satellite through these receptors, as time went on while he still relied on this transmission of power, prolonged exposure made these power begin to become permanent. It appears that he no longer required the transmission beam to maintain his powers.
Thus he can thus mimic the power-sets of;
- Pyrokinesis: The Super-Skrull possesses the mental ability to control ambient heat energy and the physical ability to transform his entire body, or portions of his body into a fiery, plasma-like state of will.
- Plasma Form: The Super-Skrull possesses the physical ability to envelop his entire body or portions of his body with fiery plasma without harm to himself.
- Fire Manipulation: The Super-Skrull can generate shapes composed of fire from any point on his body, such as long streams of fire.
- Flight: The Super-Skrull with mental stimulation of his flame can form a jet of fire from his feet, directed behind him, which allows him to achieve flight.
- Heat Absorption: The Super-Skrull can absorb infinite amounts of heat.
- Superhuman Strength: The Super-Skrull possesses superhuman strength beyond the natural limits of the finest Skrull. Kl'rt's superhuman strength is sufficient enough to lift approximately 85 tons.
- Superhuman Stamina: The Super-Skrull's muscles produce less fatigue toxins during physical activity than the muscles of normal Skrull.
- Superhuman Durability: The Super-Skrull is far tougher and more resistant to injury than normal Skrulls.
- Invisibility: The Super-Skrull possesses the mental ability to manipulate ambient cosmic energy for a variety of effects, including the rendering of himself and other objects invisible, and the construction of solid, invisible force fields.
- Psionic Force Fields: The Super-Skrull, through concentration, is able to project a field of psionic force which he can manipulate into a number of relatively simple forms; rectangular planes, cylinders, globes, domes, cones, etc.
- Plasticity: The Super-Skrull possesses the ability to convert the mass of his entire body into a highly malleable state at will.
- Elongation: The Super-Skrull can extend his limbs, torso, or neck to great distances.
- Grappling: The Super-Skrull may restrain opponents very efficiently by using his elastic form to entangle them.
- Movement: The Super-Skrull can move at great speeds by stretching to his destination.
- Skrull-Military Training: The Super-Skrull is an excellent hand-to-hand combatant, having been extensively trained in the art of warfare by the Skrull military.
- Aviation: Kl'rt is trained in the use of the advanced warp-drive starships of the Skrull-military.
- Unarmed Combat: Kl'rt is trained in the unarmed combat of the Skrull-military, he is also quite experienced; due to his involvement in the Kree-Skrull War and fighting the Fantastic Four.
- Marksmanship: Kl'rt is trained in the use of the ranged energy-weaponry of the Skrull-military.
- Creative Power-Use: The Super-Skrull is more creative in the use of his powers, when compared with the Fantastic Four (i.e. decapitation).
The Super-Skrull can lift (press) approximately 85 tons.
- Physical Condition: The Super-Skrull, despite his power enhancement, is still subject to fatigue, disease and injury.
- Skrull-Military Uniform: The Super-Skrull's costume is a Skrull military uniform that provides him life support in space and alters as he changes shape and size.
- Skrull-Military Transport: Kl'rt, will frequently use the advanced warp-drive starships of the Skrull-military.
- Skrull-Military Weaponry: Kl'rt, will frequently use the ranged energy-weaponry of the Skrull-military.
- The Super-Skrull's sprite was made by User:Sunder4321.
The Super-Skrull is both the most feared warrior of the Skrull Empire and an outcast of his race. Kl'rt himself is always loyal to the Skrulls. Many in the Skrull Empire considered him a relic from a bygone era, but there are those who consider him a hero.
Kl'rt is wanted by the Nova Corps for crimes against the peace, murder and alleged war crimes.
The quadrant of these crimes are in:
- Andromeda Galaxy, Milky Way.
- The Greater Magellanic Cloud.
- No trivia.
- Appearances of Kl'rt (Earth-1010)
- Character Gallery: Kl'rt (Earth-1010)
- Quotations by Kl'rt (Earth-1010)
Discover and Discuss
- Search News for: · ·
Links and References