As part of their conquering strategy, the Skrulls genetically engineered one of their race to be an exact replica of the Kree hero Mar-Vell and implanting false memories to make him believe he was the real hero. In order to eventually recall him to their side when the invasion was underway, a random Earth painting was to be inserted into his mind as a trigger. However, Khn'nr awoke during the procedure and the Skrulls erased the memories of the real Khn'nr. Believing himself to be the real Mar-Vell, he went wild, slaying the Skrulls and escaping into the Negative Zone.
Eventually he found his way back to Earth and, while impersonating the hero, he created real bonds with humans. After many battles for Earth, "Mar-Vell" sought to escape the hectic super-hero life and journeyed to Paris to visit the Louvre, where he came upon the very painting that had been set as the trigger to awaken his full memories. Soon, "Mar-Vell" returned to the world, claiming he was going to help protect it, regardless of his origins.
During the start of the Kree-Skrull invasion, he attacked both species' ships. He destroyed many of the fleet but was attacked by a Super-Skrull which killed him.
Barely alive after his effort, he managed to crash back on Earth, crossing Noh-Varr's path. Before passing of his wounds, Khn'nr spurred Noh-Varr into protecting Earth from both Kree and Skrulls.
Powers and Abilities
- Skrull Shape-Shifting: Like other Skrulls, Khn'nr is a shape-shifter. They can mentally cause the unstable molecules that comprise his or her body to become pliant, enabling him or her to assume other forms through muscular expansion and contraction. Once a new shape has been assumed, it takes a conscious act of will to assume another form or revert to natural. Hence, Skrulls do not spontaneously lose their assumed form when asleep or unconscious. Skrulls in altered form will, however, revert to their original forms at the moment of death. However this ability was dormant.
- Skrull Infiltration Ritual: The Skrull took part in a ritual a mixture of science and magic that imbued them with the powers and memories of the selected subject. This allows the subject to go undetected in human form by Iron Man's technological scans, Charles Xavier's mental scans, Spider-Man's Spider-Sense, Wolverine's animal senses, or any other conceivable forms of detection. So subtle and powerful is this form of concealment neither Doctor Strange can detect the Skrull with the Spell of Tartashi, nor could the Scarlet Witch using Xavier's psychic powers delve past the memory blocks.
Solar Energy Metabolics. Khn'nr possessed the ability to metabolize solar energy and convert it for a variety of uses, including conversion of the light of the sun and stars into different forms of light and energy.
- Flight. Khn'nr had the ability to travel through the infinite void of space at "translight"/supra-luminal (faster-than-light) speeds. When Mar-Vell was in flight, he would leave behind a glowing trail that resembled a star-field.
- Photon Energy Blasts. Khn'nr could project photon energy blasts that were powerful enough to destroy stars twice the size of Earth.
- Skrull Military Training: is a trained Skrull soldier.
- Aviation: is trained in the use of the advanced warp-drive starships of the Skrull-military.
- Unarmed Combat: is trained in the unarmed combat of the Skrull-military, he is also quite experienced; due to his involvement in the Kree-Skrull War.
- Marksmanship: is trained in the use of the ranged energy-weaponry of the Skrull-military.
- Skrull Shape-Shifting: Skrulls only take on the appearance of an object or person and none of that object or person’s characteristics. There is a limit to the size of the object or person a Skrull can imitate. The average Skrull cannot distend his or her mass any more than 1.5 times as large a volume as his or her original volume, nor can he or she contract his or her mass any more than 0.75 a volume as his or her original.
- Nega-Bands: Utilizes a Skrull-manufactured pair of Nega-Bands.
- Skrull-Military Uniform: wears a Skrull-military uniform, which alters as he changes shape and size.
- Skrull-Military Transport: will frequently use the advanced warp-drive starships of the Skrull-military.
- Skrull-Military Weaponry: will frequently use the ranged energy-weaponry of the Skrull-military.
Khn'nr's sprite was made by User:Sunder4321.
- No trivia.
- Appearances of Khn'nr (Earth-1010)
- Character Gallery: Khn'nr (Earth-1010)
- Quotations by Khn'nr (Earth-1010)
Discover and Discuss
- Search News for: ·
Links and References