- I mean I'll admit at first I wasn't thrilled about having tentacles sticking out of my head, but you've got to admit... it looks pretty badass.
- -- Leviathan
- -- Leviathan
Kevin Lowell was a laid back and kind guy who loved to surf and spend time with his family. But one day, while surfing with his friends, he got caught by quite a large wave and was underwater for a long time. His friends believed he had drowned, but soon discovered that he had become mesmerized by his ability to breathe underwater. But when he emerged, they were too terrified of his appearance to stick around and talk about it.
Kevin was confused, and left the ocean to get answers, only to notice everyone around him screaming and running away. He looked down and saw that his skin had turned blue and scaly, not only that, but his head was now sporting several tentacles. He had no idea what happened to him, or what to do. He went back to his family as fast as he could out of hopes they could help him, but they were horrified, and refused to help him. Kevin was then forced to fend for himself and, having nowhere else to go, he ran back to the ocean. However, it wouldn't be long until his swimming patterns were picked up on by Magneto and the Brotherhood of Mutants, who revealed the truth about his genetics to him and offered him a place with their team.
Desperate to have a family once more, he accepted, and was given the codename Leviathan. While working with the Brotherhood, he discovered that his mutation made him super strong and durable, as well as being able to extend his tentacles to use them offensively, but he was slightly disappointed after learning he was unable to communicate with fish.
After serving with the Brotherhood for some time, Leviathan started to doubt his role on the team. He wasn't a big fan of the constant violence that this life had exposed him to, but was too scared to take up these concerns with Magneto. After a brief conversation with his fellow newbie, Vapor Wave, he was convinced that if he felt his place was elsewhere, he was only hurting himself and everyone around him by remaining where he was. But he had no idea where he would go. Until the day that Magneto tasked him with traveling to Atlantis in an attempt to form an alliance with Namor.
Leviathan happily accepted the mission and went to Atlantis as fast as possible. He was quickly apprehended by the Atlantean forces, as Namor recognized him as a member of the Brotherhood. However, he was able to plead his case to Namor, and convince him that he had no intention of returning to the Brotherhood. Taking pity on him, and knowing how it feels to not belong anywhere, Namor allowed Leviathan to remain in Atlantis. Extremely grateful, he swore his allegiance to Namor and promised to help him in whatever way he needed.
Powers and Abilities
- Aquatic Survival
- Super Strength
- Super Stamina
- Super Durability
- Prehensile Tentacles
- Prolonged Distance from Water
Equipment: None known.
- Magneto's Metallic Orbs (Formerly)
- Capable of Traveling Great Speeds Under Water
- Atlantean Blaster
- No special notes.
- During a mission on land against a faction of Hydra, he was once mistaken for the ancient Inhuman Hive. He would later ask his friend, the Inhuman Triton, what that meant and, after having it explained to him, he became severely uncomfortable.
- Leviathan has no issue with the X-Force, and honestly believes that if they ever came to him for help, he would be happy to give it to them. But his first priority will always be allegiance to his King.
- Appearances of Kevin Lowell (Earth-101)
- Character Gallery: Kevin Lowell (Earth-101)
- Quotations by Kevin Lowell (Earth-101)
Discover and Discuss
- Search News for: · ·
Links and References