- Quite certainly, the Hand never falls. Even to mighty defenders such as you.
- -- Nobu
- -- Nobu
Kagenobu Yoshioka or better known as Nobu is the Hand's Grandmaster. He was recruited in Feudal Japan and made his way through the ranks to become the Grandmaster. Owing to his position, he became an immortal thanks to the Hand's vile magic and held his title from the start of Tokugawa's downfall, both World Wars, and to the modern age.
Before Mighty Defenders
Nobu's history mirrors his Earth-616 counterpart but with an expanded role within the Hand hierarchy. He was partly responsible for the Hand's founding but he didn't become the Grandmaster until he killed him. It was known that he had a wife but she died out of unknown reasons. This motivated him to be the Grandmaster however, as those who attain this position can learn the secret of eternal life.
After centuries of his term, Nobu finds out of the Hand's crumbling as heroes begin cracking down their cells after the loss of the Black Sky, brewing internal strife in the organization's many factions. This prompts him to call upon the Beast after so many years and enact the plot that sets up the first quest of the Mighty Defenders.
Powers and Abilities
- Unique Physiology: Thanks to the Hand's mystic treatment, Nobu has effectively become an age-resistant person and a man whose physicality is above mere mortals. His physiology is altered and it grants him a multitude of powers.
- Superhuman Strength
- Superhuman Durability
- Superhuman Endurance
- Superhuman Speed
- Superhuman Agility
- Immunity to Diseases
- Enhanced Senses
- Limited Healing Factor
- Demonic Enhancement: The enhancement of Nobu's body by the Hand's patron god dramatically increased his powers to greater levels in addition to extra powers. His muscle power dramatically multiplied, his healing factor was comparable to two certain Weapon X subjects, and he breathed hellfire and teleport. All these powers, and he still looked the same. Not to mention he can turn invisible like the Invisible Woman.
- Healing Factor
- Limb Regeneration
- Fire Breathe
- Healing Factor
Nobu is an expert assassin, pertaining to his position as the Hand's Grandmaster. He is a master of several different forms of combat from the old days and quite a good tactician himself. He is a master of swordplay and ninjutsu. He understands several languages which include his native language, Korean, Chinese, and English.
Class 10 after attaining immortality. After getting the Beast's blessing his strength increases to Class 85, albeit temporarily.
Nobu's immortality increases his endurance and protects him from age, but physically killing him is still possible even if it's hard.
Equipment: His battle garment, throwing stars, smoke bombs, and poisoned darts.
Transportation: Either on-foot or Hand teleportation. Also utilizes vehicles in some cases.
- Grasscutter: Nobu is armed with a sword rumored to have godly strength. The blade is magically enhanced which allows it to cut through most common materials. It's a versatile weapon and its shape can change depending on the user's want from being an outright European sword to a more traditional katana. In this case it happens to resemble a straight sword.
- This characters is based on Kagenobu Yoshioka, created by Akira Yoshida and Christian Gossett debuting in Elektra: The Hand #1 (November, 2004)
- Nobu accidentally referred the team as Mighty Defenders, making him indirectly responsible for its formation in addition to his plot.
- Although he did refer to their status as powerful protectors of good, it accidentally made it to the press which now calls the informal team the Mighty Defenders.
- Appearances of Kagenobu Yoshioka (Earth-5000)
- Character Gallery: Kagenobu Yoshioka (Earth-5000)
- Quotations by Kagenobu Yoshioka (Earth-5000)
Discover and Discuss
- Search News for: · ·
Links and References