- "He's right, this is who we are now. Minus well accept it. Or better yet, enjoy it!"
- -- Johnny Storm
- -- Johnny Storm
Johnny Storm, the youngest child of Mary Storm and scientist Franklin Storm. At a young age Johnny was introduced to his sister Sue, a girl adopted by Franklin and Mary and the family would live uneventfully until their mother died in an automobile accident.
Growing without his mother, Johnny became despondent and would often rebelled against his father's wishes. Johnny Storm spiraled into alcoholism and was drawn to automobiles, despite his mother's death in a car accident, and became quite a mechanic at a young age and would often participate in underground street races.
After killing a man in self defense Franklin picked his son up from a local police department and tried to talk sense into him but Johnny refused to listen. Franklin told Johnny he would not get his car back unless he earned it back by working for him and his step sister. At the Baxter Building in Manhattan, New York, Johnny spent his formative years at the Baxter Building labs, but despite his access to its high-tech resources, he rebelliously resisted taking advantage of this opportunity to learn. He met Reed and the young prince of Sokovia Vincent Von Doom soon after and helped them build a quantum gate that can open a breach to another dying universe, a universe that was once similar to this universe. That Universe was later dubbed the Null Void due to it's unstable nature.
When the group finished, Johnny and his team tested the teleportation device at the Nevada desert. Reed's best friend Ben Grimm attended the presentation as well. What the five didn't realize however, was that there was a miscalculation on the transmitter device. They activated the machine hoping to teleport an apple into the Null Void. Instead, they tore open a dimensional breach in space and all five disappeared in a binding flash of light. He was transported by its malfunction to Antarctica where he woke up inside of a tent, being taking care of by some friendly tourists while he was unconscious. He briefly burst into flame with no harm to himself after waking up. Ben, Sue, and Reed also developed powers of their own. Reed Richards was able to stretched out his entire body, Sue Storm was able to turn invisible and project force fields, Ben Grimm became a giant rock-like being and Johnny was able to control fire and fly. Johnny had an idea to become a superhero team. Everybody disagreed for their own reasons. So they all went to the Baxter Building to help control their new powers except for Ben. He was put in a very special unit for S.H.E.I.L.D.
When an Null Void inhabitant named Annihilus came through the breach in Nevada days later, he and his's cult started to invade and terraform Earth in hopes of making earth sustanible for him and his people. The Fantastic Four were then forced to go public while battling Annihilus in Oregon; Johnny has since reveled in fame and Fantastic Four's adventures. During this time, Johnny and his team would also become S.H.I.E.L.D agents and would go on missions with his team.
"More to be Added!"
Powers and Abilities
- Flight: Human torch has so far seen to have at least two methods to achieve flight. The first when he uses fires nuclear blasts downward at a consistent rate, thereby generating enough force to defy gravity and allow for stable prolusion and gliding. The second and most common is choice is when he's at his full plasma form (where his entire body is transformed instead of just his hands and head). This form allows him to be able to fly at impressive speeds without the need of his blasts. The hot cloud around him provides sufficient positive buoyancy for him to float. With mental stimulation of his flame, he can provide enough lift to carry around 180 pounds. By forming a jet from his feet, directed behind him, he can achieve a normal flight speed of 140 miles per hour. This flight style is his preferred and most practiced choice.
- Pyrokinesis: The Human Torch is able to produce nuclear energy in the form of fire from parts of his body. He also has the ability to mentally control the ambient heat energy within his immediate environment, even when he himself is not aflame. He can reduce objects' temperatures (if they are in a normal range for existing on Earth's surface) to about 30 F, raise them to several hundred degrees. The heat energy he takes from the environment is absorbed into his own body.
If he takes in a critical amount while he is not aflame, he will become aflame. He can use his control over the energy to project it willingly in the form of concussive blasts. These "nuclear blasts" are often shown to be quite powerful and have shown to be hot enough to burn through solid structures and even cause harm to super-humans and fatal to normal human beings.The impact of these blasts sometimes create an explosive-like force.
- Nova Flame: When he's at his highest, hottest levels of plasma Johnny can release all of his body's stored energy in one intense, omni-directional "nova-burst," which can reach about 1,000,000 F, and which is similar to the heat-pulse of a nuclear warhead detonation, with an area of total devastation of about 900 feet in diameter and the power of a super nova. He could only maintain his flame for much briefer periods, as this violent discharge uses his entire reserve of energy entirely exhausting his flame power. He generally requires at least 12 hours to recover entirely from such a feat.
- Superhuman Durability: The Human Torch is surprisingly, and extremely durable. He was able to to shake off a hit from Annihilus.
- Immunity to Fire, Heat, & Nuclear flames: The Human Torch is unaffected by heat and nuclear flames, including his own. His flesh cannot be scalded or burned by any heat source.
- Expert Mechanic: An expert mechanic since his teens, Johnny was able to totally overhaul a car's transmission by the age of 15. Johnny also has experience as a professional race car driver.
- Keen intellect: Whilst he lacks a college degree, Johnny is highly intelligent, having quickly learned how to operate and perform maintenance on the future technology of the Fantastic car model-500 and had his hand in help creating a dimensional gate to another universe.
The Human Torch possesses the normal human strength of a man of his age, height, and build who engages in moderate regular exercise.
- Energy Depletion: At an average rate of expenditure of energy, the Torch can maintain his plasma state for about 8 hours before he is forced to revert to his solid state. Johnny also powers this fusion internally, so if he does not consume enough energy to generate new protective cells regularly, he runs the risk of literally burning himself up.
- Unstable Molecules: The Human Torch's suit is constructed of unstable molecules, which are attuned to his powers, allowing it to become burst into flame or released through only his head and hands if he wants it too.
Transportation: Capable of flight, Customized Ford Mustang.
Weapons: None known.
- This version of the character is exclusive to the continuity of Marvel Ultiverse and is an adaptation of Jonathan Storm/Human Torch.The original character was created by Stan Lee and Jack Kirby and first appeared in Fantastic Four #1
- Johnny's father Franklin is African-American and his mother is Hispanic.
- Appearances of Jonathan Storm (Earth-981)
- Character Gallery: Jonathan Storm (Earth-981)
- Quotations by Jonathan Storm (Earth-981)
Discover and Discuss
- Search News for: · ·
Links and References