- Okay guys, you ready? Ready? Okay! FLAME ON!
- -- Johnny Storm
- -- Johnny Storm
Johnny was the youngest child of renowned scientist Dr. Franklin Storm. When Johnny was two, his mother; Mary died in a car crash. As a sort of coping mechanism, Johnny developed an interest in mechanics (specifically cars) as a way to understand his mother's death. Johnny's expertise in mechanics gave him the opportunity to attend college at the age of 16
A favor for Sue
In his first year of college, Johnny studied mechanics and was at the top of his class. His big sister Sue was part of a top secret project for the army, she called him asking for his help in building a state of the art space shuttle. Johnny agreed to this and went to the U.S. military base.
Becoming the Fantastic Four
After it was built, the five went to investigate the wormhole but were sucked inside of it being basked in the dark matter and extra-dimensional energies.
The four crash landed back to Earth in the desert of New Mexico, although Victor was no where to be found. Reed was elongated and stretched out across the ground, Sue was nowhere to be seen until she reappeared out of thin air, Johnny was unconscious and on fire, and Ben covered in rock, they were later discovered by the U.S. Army and taken to a military base. The four awoke and discovered their powers and were later told that they had been gone a year.
The army then made Johnny and the others stay at the military base where they can run tests on their newfound powers, in the meantime Reed created suits for the four that could contain their powers while also discovering the dark matter and extra-dimensional energies they were bathed in had granted them their powers. In the meantime, Johnny and Ben developed a friendly rivalry, with Johnny constantly pranking Ben and Ben always retaliating.
In the months of Johnny, Reed, Sue and Ben testing the limits and learning how to control their powers; an ex-Military supervisor code named Mole Man had created an army called the Mole Men and began his attempt in taking over Manhattan with his new army. Seeing as the military had attempted to fight off his army and failed, the four volunteered to use their powers to fight off the Mole Men. In their very public battle and almost wiping Manhattan off the map, they succeeded in defeating Mole Man and his army. A few weeks after their battle the Daily Bugle and other news outlets dubbed them as the Fantastic Four.
To be added...
Arrival of Galactus
To be added...
Powers and Abilities
Pyrokinesis: The Human Torch possessed the mental ability to control ambient heat energy and the physical ability to transform his entire body, or portions of his body into a fiery, plasma-like state of will. The cells of a normal human body convert energy from foodstuffs into a form of energy usable by the body, adenosine triphosphate (ATP). Among other mutagenic changes, the cosmic ray bombardment triggered a specific genetic code rearrangement that caused the Human Torch's ATP production sites to generate a new form of energy containing molecule. (Reed Richards has dubbed this molecule adenine ribo-heptaphosphene, AR-HP.) This complex molecule not only provides ordinary bodily energy but contains large stores of latent chemical-bonding energies. Another favorable mutagenic change are his cells' ability to utilize this extra energy by converting it into a moderate-density, plasma-like state that is regulated by a subconscious mental field and can be modified by an act of will. When sufficient quantities of energy are consumed, the Torch unavoidably reverts to his solid state.
- Plasma Form: The Human Torch possesses the physical ability to envelop his entire body or portions of his body with fiery plasma without harm to himself (plasma is a super-heated stated of matter such as exists in the atmosphere of stars). Ordinarily, when aflame, the Human Torch is enveloped by a low intensity flame of low level plasma (reddish, approximately 780 Fahrenheit), which ranges from 1 to 5 inches from his body. He can, however, generate much higher levels and flames about himself. The energy used to support his low-level plasma is small; only when the Human Torch wills his flame to a higher level does the majority of surplus energy with the AR-HP complex become involved. In its plasma state, The Torch's body is no longer solid; projectiles that are not melted pass harmlessly through his body.
- Fire Manipulation: The Human Torch can generate shapes composed of fire from any point on his body. (He usually employs his hands to "sculpt" the flames, occasionally as a lasso to ensnare enemies.) He can form fire into long streams, spheres, or even more complex shapes like letters in skywriting. These flames-objects will only remain their shapes as long as he concentrates upon them. The objects will only burn about 3 minutes before expiring unless the Torch continues to infuse them with energy. The temperature of these fiery projections is generally around 2,800 F (near the melting point of iron).
- Nova Flame: The Torch refers to his highest, hottest levels of plasma that he can create as his "nova flame." The exact temperatures that his "nova flame" can attain are not known. At an average rate of expenditure of energy, the Torch can stay aflame for about 16.8 hours. In his younger days, he could only maintain his flame for much briefer periods, and sometimes exhausted it while in combat. He cannot maintain his "nova flame" for as long a time as he can maintain his ordinary flame. The Torch can release all of his body's stored energy in one intense, omni-directional "nova-burst," which can reach about 1,000,000 F, and which is similar to the heat-pulse of a nuclear warhead detonation, with an area of total devastation of about 900 feet in diameter and the power of a super nova. (The Torch has claimed that he can destroy a small moon with his nova-flame.) This violent discharge uses his entire reserve of energy (except for the necessary to keep him alive) at once, entirely exhausting his flame power. He generally requires at least 12 hours to recover entirely from such a feat.
- Flight: The Human Torch's plasma has a high hydrogen content, and is surrounded by an exuded cloud of mono-atmoic hydrogen atoms. The hot cloud provides sufficient positive buoyancy for him to float. With mental stimulation of his flame, he can provide enough lift to carry around 180 pounds. By forming a jet from his feet, directed behind him, he can achieve a normal flight speed of 140 miles per hour, and accelerate up to supersonic speeds capable of catching up with faster beings such as the Silver Surfer while in the Earth's orbit. He can also discharge concussive blasts of heat most notably in the case of his human candle punch.
Thermokinesis: The Human Torch has the ability to mentally control the ambient heat energy within his immediate environment, even when he himself is not aflame. He can reduce objects' temperatures (if they are in a normal range for existing on Earth's surface) to about 30 F, raise them to several hundred degrees, or extinguish open flames. His radius of influence is about 80 feet. The heat energy he takes from the environment is absorbed into his own body. If he takes in a critical amount while he is not aflame, he will become aflame. There are unknown limits to the amount of flame he can absorb into his own body harmlessly while he is himself aflame.
Immunity to Fire & Heat: The Human Torch is unaffected by heat and flames, including his own, even when part of him is aflame and the rest of him is not. His flesh cannot be scalded or burned by any heat source whose level is below that of his maximum output.
Expert Mechanic: An expert mechanic since his teens, Johnny was able to totally overhaul a car's transmission by the age of 15. His design and mechanical acumen went into the creation of the Fantasticar Model-2
Johnny also has experience as a professional race car driver.
The Human Torch possesses the normal human strength of a man of his age, height, and build who engages in moderate regular exercise.
Energy Depletion: At an average rate of expenditure of energy, the Torch can maintain his plasma state for about 16.8 hours before he is forced to revert to his solid state.
Physical Condition: The Human Torch's physical condition (health, injury or exhaustion) also limits his flame's duration.
Fire Extinguishing: The Human Torch's flame is supported by the presence of oxygen, and thus is extinguished in low air pressure or a vacuum. The Torch's flame can be extinguished by smothering materials, such as water, sand, fire-fighting foam, and heat-resistant blankets, unless his flame is at such an intensity that it immediately vaporizes such materials on contact. If hit with small amounts of water, up to about five gallons, the Torch can turn it to steam with relatively little effort. More water than that could extinguish his flame at its normal level, and he would have to wait until he could evaporate the residual moisture before re-ignition.
Equipment: Fantastic Four Uniform
The Human Torch's costume, and the rest of his wardrobe, is constructed of unstable molecules, which are attuned to his powers, allowing it to become burst into flame when he does. The Human Torch's costume has a complete data processing and telemetry system woven into its fabric on a molecular level, making it a wearable computer. The costume forms a network with the rest of the Fantastic Four, providing a constant, real time uplink of everyone’s physical condition as well as their location and current situation. The costume is capable of displaying data and has touch-pad controls on the gauntlets. Its sensors can track all of the team’s uniforms and provide a picture of their immediate vicinity. The costume has an intricate scanner system which can detect things around the wearer, from how many people are in the next room to what dimension or planet they are on.
This small flaregun fires shells that produce a burning 4 symbol. It doubles as an incendiary weapon.
Johnny has a Universal Translator that can decipher and interpret languages, both alien and terrestrial, into the native language of the user
Transportation: None known.
Weapons: None known.
- No special notes.
- Johnny was born in 1996
- Appearances of Jonathan Storm (Earth-1111)
- Character Gallery: Jonathan Storm (Earth-1111)
- Quotations by Jonathan Storm (Earth-1111)
Discover and Discuss
- Search News for: · ·
Links and References