Jessica Drew lived in London, England with her father, Jonathan Drew. After her mom's death, Jonathan Drew took care of Jessica alone. After her father was murdered in her own house, Jessica ran away from home, leaving her starving on the streets, the same day Hydra planned an attack in the streets of England. They found Jessica and kidnapped her along with some other kids. Unaware to Jessica, she was implanted with Superhuman genetics and spider DNA which enhanced her abilities via a tarantula bite.
Jessica's first mission as a Hydra Agent was to kill Spider-Man, a vigilante who has killed the former Hydra leader, Eric Sarkissian. Jessica eventually wounded Peter, but he survived by the aid of S.H.I.E.L.D.
Jessica's second mission was to gather intel from S.H.I.E.L.D. and infiltrate the them. While she was at it, she met Patsy Walker, another one of Madame Hydra's former captives.
To get S.H.I.E.L.D.'s attention, Jessica and Patsy created a new persona for Jessica, who had similar traits to Spider-Man. Spider-Man eventually finds out about this. Though angered, Spider-Man forgave Jessica and asked her to make herself an original name, to differentiate her from him, thus calling herself Arachne.
Powers and Abilities
Spider-Woman possesses a few superhuman abilities thanks to her altered genetics and DNA. These abilities are:
- Superhuman Strength: Spider-Woman's muscular density and strength have been extraordinarily enhanced and enable her to lift about 7 tons.
- Superhuman Stamina: Spider-Woman's musculature generates less fatigue toxins during physical activity than the musculature of an ordinary human. She can exert herself at peak capacity for several hours before fatigue begins to impair her.
- Superhuman Flexibility: Spider-Woman's body is extraordinarily limber and her tendons and connective tissues are twice as flexible as the average human being's, despite the augmented musculature and its enhanced strength.
- Superhuman Invulnerability: Spider-Woman's body is totally immune to radiation. She is also invulnerable with most energies and projectiles. Not only is Spider-Woman immune to poisons, but she also gains stamina and power after consuming initial exposure.
- Pheromone Secretion: Her metabolism generates certain types of pheromones that can create fear, elicit attraction and/or repulsion on others, depending on unknown factors which might include gender and mood.
Skilled Martial Artist: Jessica is a highly experienced fighter trained in armed and unarmed combat under Madame Hydra through her affiliation with Hydra as an assassin. Although skilled as a martial artist, she was incapable of completely grasping various different principles of the formats she was intructed in. Her tactics integrate different methods utilized in Karate, Boxing, Capoeira, Judo and swordfighting. She later excelled at Martial Arts after joining S.H.I.E.L.D.
Skilled Spy: She is also extensively trained in espionage, covert operations and stealth.
Skilled Acrobat: She is a superb athlete and an Olympic-level gymnast.
- Multilingual: Due to her Hydra espionage training, she is fluent in several languages, including Russian, Japanese, French, Spanish, Portuguese, Korean and German.
Equipment: Utility Equipment: Jessica has a utility belt and gun holsters to hold her equipment in battle. She also has an Energy Reserve Tube attached to her belt for whenever she needs to consume energy.
Transportation: None known.
Weapons: Twin Pistols: Jessica is mostly seen using Twin Pistols as her weapons.
|Power Grid |
- Spider-Woman was afraid of spiders when she was a kid, and uses the codename Spider-Woman to show that she has conquered her fears.
- No trivia.
- Appearances of Jessica Drew (Earth-1342)
- Character Gallery: Jessica Drew (Earth-1342)
- Quotations by Jessica Drew (Earth-1342)
Discover and Discuss
- Search News for: · ·
Links and References