Reed Richards, a brilliant but timid and bankrupt scientist, was convinced that evolution can be triggered by clouds of cosmic energy, and calculated that Earth was going to pass one of these clouds soon. Reed convinced his conceited MIT classmate Dr. Victor Von Doom, at this time CEO of his own enterprise, to allow him access to his privately-owned space station. Von Doom agreed in exchange for control over the experiment and a majority of the profits from whatever benefits it brought. He thus brought aboard Susan Storm, his shy, though assertive chief genetics researcher and a former lover of Reed's with whom she had an acrimonious break-up, and her diametrically opposed brother Johnny, the maverick and hot-headed playboy pilot. Susan Storm's best friend Jennifer Walters insisted on joining to their research. The astronauts made it home intact; however, before long they begin to mutate, developing strange and amazing powers as a result of their exposure to the cloud. Reed was able to stretch like rubber; Sue could turn invisible and create force fields, especially when angered; Johnny could produce fire at supernova temperatures, and was able to fly; and Jen was transformed into "She Hulk", a large, green creature with super strength.
The Four of them found themselves in a hospital. Jennifer, disgusted by her current look escaped damaging heavily the building. Reed, Sue and Johnny eventually found her trying to protect a young girl from muggers. They helped her defeat them. After some time, they became famous of their heroic actions. The media dubs the team the 'Fantastic Four', Jen was named by Johnny: "She-Thing" but after she got furious, he renamed her to "She Hulk" because in his opinion "Hulk sounds cool".
During this time, Reed and Susan began to grow close once again, and Susan admitted that she wasn't interested in Victor, but ended their relationship because Reed feared to commit, thinking only in terms of variables. Unknown to the others, however, Victor's body was also mutating; he was turning into organic metal capable of absorbing and manipulating electrical energy known as Doctor Doom. As a result of the disastrous expedition, his company was going bankrupt and he was losing public stature; blaming Reed for his misfortunes, Victor swore revenge. Servoguards sent by Doom attacked Baxter Building and kidnapped Susan Storm. Reed, Jen and Johnny fought bravely. Reed got immobilized by Doom, who launched his cannon that was supposed to kill Reed. Susan Storm sacrificed herself to save Reed Richards.
Deal with Apocalypse
Weakened Doom was defeated by Reed, Jen and Johnny but he managed to escape. Reed, Jen and Johnny were desperate. Sue was the heart of this team. She was Reed's love, Jen's best friend and Johnny's sister. Apocalypse, very powerful, ancient mutant saw that and offered to them that he can revive Susan Storm at a cost of a small favor. They agreed. Apocalypse actually revived Sue but brainwashed the all four of them and made them his "The Horsemen of Apocalypse". Jen became The Grimm Monster, War. She acquired an indestructible hammer that is a symbol of War.
Doomed Doctor Doom
After the transformation, Horsemen of Apocalypse attacked Doctor Doom. Reed killed him taking over his weapons and Servoguards.
Appearance in Marvel Avengers Alliance: Lost Chronicles
Jen was a very friendly, easy-going person. After the deal with the Apocalypse, she became brutal, calculating and bloodthirst.
Powers and Abilities
She Hulk received her powers when cosmic rays bombarded his body. She is extremely strong and durable.
- 'Physical Transformation: Jennifer turned into a green-skinned monster.
- 'Superhuman Strength: As She-Hulk, she is proportionally stronger than her Jennifer Walters form. This means that any extra strength gains as Jennifer Walters through intense physical training will be amplified, making her She-Hulk form that much stronger. Originally She-Hulk was listed as only "class 50" (this is only a comparison scale regarding which character is stronger than who, and should not be taken literally. For example: Thor was listed as "class 95" at the time, and Hercules at exactly 100). She-Hulk's strength has extended into her highly developed leg muscles, enabling her to leap great distances or heights.
- 'Superhuman Speed: Due, at least partially, to the great muscular strength and development of her leg muscles, she is capable of running and moving at speeds that are beyond the natural physical limits of the finest human athlete.
- 'Superhuman Stamina: She-Hulk's highly advanced musculature produces considerably less fatigue toxins during physical activity than the musculature of an ordinary human. She can exert herself at peak capacity for about 48 hours before fatigue begins to impair her performance.
- 'Superhuman Durability: She-Hulk's body is highly resistant to all forms of conventional injury. Her skin is capable of withstanding tremendous pressures and temperatures, falls from great heights, field-artillery canon shells, and powerful energy blasts without sustaining any injury.
- 'Superhuman Agility: She-Hulk's agility, balance and bodily coordination are enhanced to levels that are beyond the natural physical limits of the finest human athlete.
- 'Regenerative Healing Factor: Despite her body's extremely high resistance to injury, it is possible to injure her. However, she is capable of rapidly regenerating injuries that result in great tissue damage and blood loss within a matter of minutes. However, she is not capable of regenerating missing limbs or organs. She-Hulk's highly efficient metabolism renders her immune to all drugs and toxins as well as total immunity to all known Earthly diseases.
- 'As War: When Jen became War, her strength, speed and durability increased to unknown amount.
Expert Combatant: The She-Hulk is a formidable hand-to-hand combatant.
Skilled Pilot: Jennifer Walters is a good pilot.
Expert Attorney: Extremely intelligent, the She-Hulk is a skilled and experienced lawyer. She has won many cases proving various civilians, costumed heroes, and even villains innocent.
Gifted Intellect: In spite of the character's party-girl image, she is a bona fide intellectual, being one of the few superheroines to have attained an advanced post-baccalaureate degree. Jennifer attended UCLA School of Law, where she was a member of the Order of the Coif, a national merit society for top legal scholars. It is revealed in the Savage She-Hulk that Walters has also attended Harvard Law School; though details are not provided, it is probable that she earned a master of laws (LL.M.) degree at Harvard to complement her juris doctor (J.D.) degree from UCLA. She has shown great versatility in her legal practice, representing criminal defendants, corporations, and even domestic violence victims.
- Gamma Madness: She sometimes loses her self-control when she gets angry.
- Indestructible Hammer: After the deal with the Apocalypse, she acquired an indestructible hammer.
- Fantasti-Flare: She Hulk normally carried a miniature flare pistol capable of creating a fiery “4" signal in the sky. Used as a weapon, the incendiary charge will ignite flammable materials.
Transportation: Fantasticar Model-2
Weapons: None known.
- No special notes.
- She Hulk and The Thing It appears that in this world, Ben Grimm was replaced by Jennifer Walters. She became the fourth member of Original Fantastic Four.
There are many references to Ben Grimm/The Thing:
-Jennifer is Sue's best friend, just like Ben is Reed's best friend.
-Johnny named her first "She-Thing". After she got angry and destroyed his car, he renamed her to "She-Hulk".
-When she became War, she got a new name: The Grimm Monster, which also could be a reference to The Thing.
- Bruce Banner Jen mentioned once her cousin, Bruce Banner. He died of a gamma radiation.
- Jen and Johnny Johnny tried to date with Jen, but was rejected.
- Appearances of Jennifer Walters (Earth-10275-4444)
- Character Gallery: Jennifer Walters (Earth-10275-4444)
- Quotations by Jennifer Walters (Earth-10275-4444)
Discover and Discuss
- Search News for: · ·
Links and References