Jean Grey, aka Marvel Girl is a powerful young mutant superhero who has the abilities of telepathy and telekines. She can tap into an ancient power called the Phoenix Force. When in her Phoenix state, Jean's powers escalate to an extreme level, but she can't be in this state for too long as it will begin to take over her body. She is a founding member of the X-Men and is dating Cyclops.
Powers & Abilities
- Telepathy - Jean is able to read thoughts, project and broadcast her own thoughts and can control the minds of others, these abilities are greatly increased while she is accessing the Phoenix Force. She can use her telepathy in a number of defensive and offensive ways.
- Telepathic Cloak - She can mask her presence and the use of her abilities from being detected by others by clocking herself with her powers.
- Telepathic Illusions - Jean is able to create realistic telepathic illusions to confuse and distract her foes.
- Mind Possession - She can possess the minds of others and can control their bodies.
- Mental Detection - She can sense the presence of other mutants from a certain distance, this is made stronger when in her Phoenix State.
- Telekinesis - These powers allow her to levitate and propel objects, to shoot blasts of energy from her hands and to create protective shields.
- Phoenix Force - Jean may greatly increase her powers by tapping into this powerful force, this force also gives her the power of flight. In this form, she is covered in fire and can use her powers to create a powerful psychic firebird.
- Expert Martial Artist - She is trained in many types of Martial Arts and is able to hold her own when faced with some of the world's most well trained fighters.