Jean-Paul was raised alongside his twin sister, Jeanne-Marie, in Montreal. He was disowned by his family for being gay, but maintained a close relationship with his sister. However, when his mutant powers developed at the age of 18, but Jeanne-Marie remained human, a bit of a gap did begin to form between them.
Feeling empty and alone, he decided the only course of action was to use his powers to save people. It wasn't long until he gained a reputation as a local superhero dubbed "Northstar". His fame and fortune is what led to his family trying to reconnect with him, but at that point, he had come to realize they were all bigots, and he rebuffed them.
He was eventually approached by the X-Force, who revealed to him that his powers stemmed from his mutant DNA, and offered him a family. He accepted their offer and was taken to Krakoa, where he was welcomed by his fellow mutant brothers and sisters.
His status as a local hero worked in his advantage when he joined X-Force, which helped bring them some good press. He and his teammate, Iceman, became close friends after working together on several missions, and eventually fell in love.
Powers and Abilities
- Super Speed
- Friction-Proof Suit
- Capable of Flight
- Krakoan Flower Portals
Weapons: None known.
- No special notes.
- He still gets together with his sister to have lunch and catch up regularly. She has met Bobby a few times, and thinks the two of them make a lovely couple.
- Northstar and Iceman are one of the public's favorite superhero couples. They often appear on Jubilee's vlogs at the request of her viewers, who "ship" the two of them, calling them "Jean-Bob", which Iceman hates, and Northstar thinks is hilarious, often making fun of him because of it.
- Appearances of Jean-Paul Beaubier (Earth-101)
- Character Gallery: Jean-Paul Beaubier (Earth-101)
- Quotations by Jean-Paul Beaubier (Earth-101)
Discover and Discuss
- Search News for: · ·
Links and References
[[Category: In a Relationship with Bobby Drake Characters]]