Janet van Dyne is the hero known as the Wasp. She has a relationship with Hank Pym (Ant-Man). Despite her flirty personality she is always supportive and dedicated to him.
The Wasp and reinforcement agents of SHIELD arrived to help Hank with the poachers. She was glad that her boyfriend was okay but not with the fact that she had to save a few mercenaries hired by Klaw from being eaten by ants.
She became bored of Hank's research on ants when she saw Whirlwind and engaged the villain in the streets. She tried to convince the villain to change his ways, but, nevertheless, she came to no prevail. She was aided by Ant Man, who, was not fond of the idea of her fighting super villains. Mainly, because he didn't want her to get hurt, however, she still managed to convince him to let her do what she wanted to do.
Age of Ultron
Powers and Abilities
- Size Reduction: Due to long-term exposure to Pym Particles, The Wasp could reduce herself in size, down to the dimensions of the insect from which she takes her name, roughly 1/2 inch in height. She usually chooses not to retain her standard density while at this reduced mass, but can choose to do so at will. The "lost" mass is shunted to a pocket dimension for later retrieval. Additionally, her strength was boosted while she is at reduced size, to the extent that she can bend a one-inch diameter steel bar almost double.
- Flight: Due to small implanted insect wings, the Wasp could fly at speeds of up to 40 mph. These are functional when she reduced herself to less than four inches in height, and remained so until she reached a foot shorter than her normal height.
- Wasp's Sting: The Wasp could generate powerful bio-electric blasts from her hand that have been shown to be capable of blasting through concrete, and causing pain to superhumanly strong and durable beings.
- Insect Communication and Control: Through the use of her retractable antennae, the Wasp could communicate with and control certain higher insects, in a manner similar to Ant-Man's Helmet. She rarely chose to utilize this ability, however.
- Size Addition: In addition to being able to shrink, Wasp could grow significantly in size as well. The growth process requires the rapid acquisition of bodily mass, presumably from an extradimensional source. This extradimensional mass fortifies all of her cellular tissues, including her bones and muscles, enabling her to support her increased weight, and giving her superhuman strength. Perhaps due to the bodily strains that Hank experienced as a side-effect of such powers, Janet used her powers only in emergencies, preferring to shrink to her wasp-sized form.
Talented Fashion Designer: Janet was a very talented fashion designer. During her early days as the Wasp, she would constantly make new costumes for herself and wear different ones for almost every new mission. Over the years her talent earned her great acclaim in the fashion world. Janet's talents also extend to designing costumes for other superheroes; especially her Avengers teammates, including Firestar and Justice. She possessed enough costumes of her own to fill either an entire closet or two.
Multilingual: Janet could speak fluent English and Spanish.
Skilled Combatant: Janet had adapted to a special kind of hand-to-hand combat that was created by her ex-husband Hank Pym, which takes advantage of the fighter's insect size against a much larger form and physique enabling them to strike pressure points before the opponent even realizes what happened. She was also trained in multiple martial arts and unarmed combat fields by Captain America, making her into an adept combatant.
Equipment: None known.
Transportation: None known.
Weapons: None known.
- No special notes.
- No trivia.
- Appearances of Janet van Dyne (Earth-1010)
- Character Gallery: Janet van Dyne (Earth-1010)
- Quotations by Janet van Dyne (Earth-1010)
Discover and Discuss
- Search News for: · ·
Links and References