- ...I'm Wolverine. I'm the best there is at what I do. Didn't I mention what I do best ain't nice.
Wolverine's life began in Cold Lake, Alberta, Canada, sometime between 1882. The mutant who would come to be known simply as "Logan" was born James Howlett, the illegitimate son of Elizabeth Howlett (who was married to John Howlett, owner of a large estate) and the Howletts' grounds-keeper, Thomas Logan. As a boy, James was notably frail and prone to allergic attacks. While Thomas stormed the Howlett mansion and killed John in rage, James murdered Thomas with his claws and left.
James was recruited by Chester Phillips and he was in the same bootcamp with Steve Rogers. He also along the Howling Commandos stormed Red Skull's base in Antarctica while WWII's end he joined Lt. Colonel William Stryker, Sr.'s mutant mercenaries the Weapon X along with Sabretooth, Deadpool, Lady Deathstrike, Omega Red. He quit because he spared a war fugitive Mystique and quickly became annoyed by Striker's pompous leadership. Striker send professor Truett Hudson to force him into submission by erasing his memories and transfer the Adamantium, but he proved too unstable he broke his capsule with claws and escaped.
Tracking the Hulk
Sometime later, Logan would be called by Department H to investigate damage and murder done by some sort of creature along the border of Canada, supposedly from America. After sniffing out the area to get its scent, Logan was taken in a helicopter to fly over the the area the creature was likely to be in, and jumped from it.
Logan tracked across the forest, discovering the damage caused by the creature, and eventually stumbled upon a man dazed and weeping by a stream. He soon figured out his scent was the same as the creature's and interrogated him. However, the man grew angry and transformed into a giant green behemoth named the Hulk, revealing himself to be the creature and began to attack.
Wolverine and Hulk became immersed in a brutal and intense battle throughout the forest. Logan used his agility to heavily stab the Hulk on his back and in other parts of his body, but the latter's brute rage and strength began to overpower him. Hulk began to repeatedly smash Logan's face into the rocky ground and believed him dead. However, Logan picked himself up and began to attack Hulk again, succeeding in slicing him across the chest. Suddenly, both Wolverine and the monster were shot repeatedly with tranquilizer bullets by Logan's former Weapon X companions.
Logan awoke captured and probed in a facility run by the crew and the Professor, where the entire team was gathered around after a failed experiment to clone him. Each of them mockingly expressed their enjoyment to have him returned and at their grasp - his teammates as well told him of their desire to murder him.
As the others left to continue the cloning experiments, Deadpool stayed to mock Logan. Logan passed out soon after and awoke to find Deathstrike clawing at a capsule he was now preserved in. She confirmed Deadpool's remarks on her hatred towards him and her desire to kill him, while the Professor stated in the background they needed him alive or the cloning experiments could never work. Sabretooth, however, slashed the Professor down the back and killed him, leaving them free to kill Wolverine.
Deahstrike broke Logan's capsule and jabbed her nails into his back; Sabretooth picked him up and held him so he couldn't move. Deathstrike, however, rushing into killing him, stabbed Logan straight through his torso, which as well went through Sabretooth and let Wolverine go free. Wolverine fought and sliced off Deathstrike's now robotic arms, then went through to easily defeat the dozens of troops in the hallway.
Logan went into Bruce Banner's persona of Hulk, lab room and broke the capsule he was in. The two then proceeded to try and escape, but Weapon X was now free to kill him and stopped them in their tracks - Deadpool held Banner by gunpoint while Omega Red strangled Logan with his metal tentacles. Logan eventually freed himself from the grasp and destroyed Deadpool's gun.
The rest of the team returned to continue their scuffle with Logan and he fought back. Banner grew angrier and angrier, meanwhile, and transformed back into the Hulk, attacking the others while Logan and Deadpool ran off. Deadpool attempted to kill Hulk by throwing a grenade in his mouth, but it only made him angrier. The two were able to run away farther, however, as Hulk was distracted by Deathstrike and Omega Red. He caught up with them eventually and sent Wolverine flying out of the building, simultaneously destroying it at the same time. The Hulk landed beside him and they engaged in a new battle with he tried to finish him off, but Logan surrendered and the big greenie left.
James has black hair and brown eyes. He also has gray dog tag and shirt, brown jacket and shoes, blue jeans.
In his first day as the Wolverine he wore yellow uniform with blue underwear, gloves, boots, shoulder pads. The Uniform had black stripes on the shoulders and waist, boots and red belt
Wolverine is a gruff loner who has a strong sense of personal honor. He also has a wild, animal-like nature to him and a berserker rage which he tries to control. He is also perfectly at home in the wilderness. He is known as one of the most fearless, brave, and dangerous men in the world.
Powers and Abilities
- Regenerative Healing Factor: Wolverine's primary mutant ability is the "mutant healing factor". This allows him to recover from virtually any wound faster and more extensively than a normal human being. He can regenerate from most wounds in a matter of seconds. His healing powers also grant him immunity to all earthly diseases and most effects of alcohol, drugs, and toxins.
- Delayed Aging: In addition, his healing factor provides him with an extended lifespan by slowing the effects of the aging process. Wolverine was born sometime in the early 19th century. Although well over 180 years old (as of 2013), Wolverine retains the health, appearance and physical vitality of a man in the physical prime of his life.
- Insulated Weather Adaptation: Wolverine's body is highly resistant to certain elemental extremes, particularly cold, to the extent that he can sleep nude in subarctic conditions with no apparent injury.
- Adamantium Claws: Wolverine possesses 3 adamantium claws harnessed in each forearm, which come out through the skin between his knuckles. His flesh bleeds every time he "pops" his claws but his healing factor quickly stops it. The claws are able to cut through every material except adamantium itself.
- Expert Combatant: Due to his advanced age and experiences in various wars, Wolverine is well-versed in unarmed and armed combat and self-defense.
- Superhuman Agility: Wolverine has greater agility than that of a normal human.
- Superhuman Reflexes: Wolverine has greater reflexes than a normal human.
- Superhuman Senses: Wolverine possesses superhumanly acute senses that are comparable to those of certain animals. He can see at far greater distances, with perfect clarity, than an ordinary human. He retains this same level of clarity even in near total darkness. His hearing is enhanced in a similar manner, allowing him to detect sounds ordinary humans can't or to hear at much greater distances. He is able to recognize people and objects by scent, even if they are well hidden. He can track a target by scent, even if the scent has been greatly eroded by time and weather factors, with an extraordinary degree of success. Wolverine can also use his keen sense of smell to detect lies due to chemical changes within a person's scent. These senses stem from, at least partially, his constant cellular regeneration, as are his enhanced physical capabilities.
- Superhuman Speed: Wolverine is able to run faster than 30 mph.
- Superhuman Endurance: Thanks to his regenerative powers, Wolverine's fatigue toxins are halted for hours, allowing him to engage in physical activity for far longer than a normal human can.
- Superhuman Strength: Thanks to his healing factor and adamantium skeleton, Wolverine is able to lift up to 1 ton.
- Superhuman Durability: Wolverine has superhuman durability due a combination of his healing factor and Adamantium skeleton.
- Animal Empathy: Wolverine has been seen to be able to understand the emotions of animals around them and communicate with them on a very basic level. Wolverine has been seen to be able to show animals his intentions and actions so he would not be perceiving as a threat to them.
- Memory Issues: Likely due to his healing factor, Wolverine is experiencing large periods of life without memories of certain traumatic events.
- Vulnerable Senses: Like a normal human Wolverine's senses can be vulnerable to loud sound.
- Wolverine is voiced by Steven Blum, who has previously portrayed the character in X-Men Legends, X-Men Legends II: Rise of Apocalypse, Marvel: Ultimate Alliance, Wolverine and the X-Men, Spider-Man: Web of Shadows, Hulk Vs, The Super Hero Squad Show, Marvel: Ultimate Alliance 2, Avengers: Earth's Mightiest Heroes, Ultimate Marvel vs CapCom 3, X-Men: Destiny, Ultimate Spider-Man, Avengers: Battle for Earth, Marvel Heroes, Deadpool, Hulk and the Agents of S.M.A.S.H., and LEGO Marvel Super Heroes, Marvel Animes, Marvel Ultimate Alliance 3: The Black Order.