- I feel the pain of the innocent every time I open my eyes. It's only fair you suffer the same fate.
- -- Ghost Rider
- -- Ghost Rider
James Barnes was Captain America's best friend in World War 2 who was abducted by Hydra at the end of the war. He was brainwashed into becoming their personal assassin, and was put into suspended animation for decades at a time.
In the present day, with Hydra practically dissolved, Bucky went on the run, only to encounter Captain America, jumbling his memory even further. However, after Captain America met his death at the hands of Apocalypse, Bucky's memories came flooding back and it became too much for him to bear.
He was approached by the demon Mephistopheles, who offered to erase his memories in exchange for becoming the Ghost Rider. Reluctantly, Bucky accepted, and was bonded to the Spirit of Zarathos, who takes control of his body whenever the Ghost Rider takes on a new mission.
Powers and Abilities
- Super Strength
- Hellfire Control
- Penance Stare
- Hand to Hand Combat
- Bionic Arm
- Machine Gun
- No special notes.
- Many of the Ghost Rider's targets are members of Apocalypse's Armada.
- The Avengers have offered Ghost Rider a place in their ranks, which he refuses. He is not sure why, but the lingering memories of Captain America make being around the Avengers uncomfortable for him.
- He hates being compared to the Horseman of Famine, and has vowed to one day bring him down.
- Appearances of James Barnes (Earth-9999)
- Character Gallery: James Barnes (Earth-9999)
- Quotations by James Barnes (Earth-9999)
Discover and Discuss
- Search News for: · ·
Links and References