|Property of Uncanny X-Factor|
This article is the property of Uncanny X-Factor. Comments and feedback are encouraged. If you want to use something from this page, please ask before taking it.
- Unlimited power, a human could never handle. Why me? I couldn't hope to know. It will be what I do with the power to determine whether I should have ever existed.
- -- Invader
- -- Invader
Invader was a clone made from the Invaders in the era of Marvel 2099. It is currently unknown who his creator was, but it's believed he is a combination of Alchemax and Weapon X technology. He first appeared in Superior Spider-Man #16. He was present with Spider-Man (Miguel O'Hara) when the temporal anomalies reached 2099. He'd seen the WWII fighter planes reminded him of his roots. Curious, he shrank down and rode on Miguel when he went through into the present day.
Upon entering New York City, Steven split off from Miguel and began adventuring in the city. He began creating a scene in downtown New York City, and was mistaken for a villain. He briefly encountered the Uncanny Avengers, and after battling Captain America, realized his error and fled into space. There he met Norrin Radd, the Silver Surfer. He explained himself to Norrin, who had predicted his coming to the present. He trained in his powers under the Surfer, and began fighting crime with him on Earth. Norrin eventually introduced him to the Avengers, and returned into space. Captain America accepted Invader into the Avengers.
MORE DETAIL TO COME!
Powers and Abilities
Cloned Physiology: Steven Hammond was cloned from 8 of the original Invaders, and thus shares their powers.
- Super-Soldier Physiology: Even at his lowest level, Invader retains traits of a peak human, including peak strength, agility, endurance, senses, longevity, and durability. He is also highly resistant to toxins. A mutation supposedly from his Captain America trait is a ferrokinetic ability allowing him to turn metal in the air and ground into small shields and domes.
- Peak Human Physiology
- "Hammond's Heat": Invader can manipulate ambient heat energy and absorb it in order to burst into flame enveloped in plasma. He can create enough of a heated cushion to fly, and shape his fire into any constructs he wishes. His nova flame can reach in excess of 1,000,000 degrees Fahrenheit. He has thermokinesis even when not aflame, and can achieve super-speed through use of flaming jets.
- Fire Constructs/Blasts
- Heated Speed
- Atlantean Physiology: Invader's body is adapted to deal with aquatic conditions, and has the ability to process air in environments of only water. He can lift a few hundred tons, swim super-fast, and only produces 1/10th the fatigue toxins of a human. He is 20 times more agile than humans, is bulletproof, has increased healing underwater, and lives 3 times as long as humans, potentially in excess of 200 years. He can control any aquatic animals and direct the flow of water around him.
- Underwater Breathing
- Super Swimming Speed
- Super Stamina
- Super Agility
- Bulletproof Durability
- Aquatic Healing
- Atlantean Longevity
- Aquatic Telepathy
- Smoke-Worlder: Aarkus' alien capabilities allow him to manipulate all kinds of gases, particularly smoke, and teleport through steams of smoke. He does not need to breathe, and has a superhumanly capable body. He has many telepathic ability through invisible "brain smoke," and can fly. By slowing molecular motion, he can freeze objects and generate ice, as well as project an astral form. His intelligence is unparalleled, and appears to be functionally immortal.
- Gas/Smoke Manipulation
- Super-Strength, Agility, and Durability
- Illusion Creation
- Mental Possession
- Astral Projection
- Superhuman Awareness
- Destroyer: He has displayed the abilities to grow and shrink.
- Size Reduction
- Size Addition
- Miss America: The only unique ability Invader has showed from Miss America's physiology is the ability to fly while not aflame.
- Self-Propelled Flight
- Whizzing: Invader has the ability to run at incredible speeds, surpassing even those of Quicksilver.
- Supersonic Speed
- Thunderer: Invader has a sonic scream at his disposal, though it mimics Black Bolt's powers more so than the Thunderer. His scream can level buildings, cause natural disasters, can generate shockwaves, and manipulate/transmute matter.
- Sonic Scream
- Matter Manipulation/Transmutation
Invader has mastered martial arts.
Able to lift several hundred tons.
Equipment: None known.
Transportation: None known.
Weapons: None known.
- No special notes.
- No trivia.
- Appearances of Invader (Earth-928)
- Character Gallery: Invader (Earth-928)
- Quotations by Invader (Earth-928)
Discover and Discuss
- Search News for: ·
Links and References