- They used to call me "Goliath" because all I could ever think about was the big picture. But once I learned to look at the little picture, the here and now, well, that was when I made my greatest discovery.
- -- Hank Pym
- -- Hank Pym
Hank Pym is the Head Scientist at Potts International, who was the leading expert on concentrating Terrigenesis to the point where it could be used to modify almost anyone with a suitable genetic code into an Inhuman. He was present for every single member of the Squadron Supreme undergoing their transformation, and became infatuated with Janet van Dyne, the newest member of the team, after her powers manifested. He then began working more closely with the team as an excuse to be around her. Something that did not go unnoticed by Captain Marvel, who warned him not to do anything creepy.
Hank did not adhere to this advice. He ended up stealing samples of Janet's DNA to study the effect of Terrigenesis on her cells as an attempt to replicate her size changing abilities. The Squadron member Blur eventually found out about this, and offered to keep it a secret, as long as Pym agreed to smuggle drugs for him. Reluctantly, Pym agreed, and began working with Blur. He eventually asked Janet out on a date, and she accepted, partially because she was worried there would be consequences if she said no.
After their date, Hank and Janet began a relationship that was very one-sided, which Hank believed to be completely mutual, not realizing how uncomfortable he made her. She would eventually find out about him harvesting her DNA from the Avenger, Tony Stark, and broke up with him, resulting in him lashing out and slapping her across the face.
Horrified by what he'd done, Hank left and escaped to his lab, where he attempted to destroy all the DNA samples of the Squadron he'd acquired. However, before he could do so, he was ambushed by the AIM agents Paladin and Yellowjacket, the latter of which had developed his own faulty substitute for size changing. Hank tried to fight back, but it was fruitless. Paladin impaled him through the chest with a sword, and the two stole all of his data. His body would be found the next day by the low level Potts hero, Imagineer. Blur found the circumstances of his death rather amusing, but Janet still found herself devastated.
Powers and Abilities
No Special Powers
- Genius Level Intellect
Equipment: None known.
Transportation: None known.
Weapons: None known.
- No special notes.
- Before meeting Gigantica, Hank had an infatuation with his boss, Juniper Potts. He had always been too intimidated by Captain Marvel to find her appealing, not even aware that she is gay.
- He had an undiagnosed case of Obsessive Compulsive Disorder.
- His nickname Goliath also had another connotation that he never realized, because he is the shortest of all his colleagues.
- The only other scientist he worked with at Potts who had any level of real respect for him was Curtis Connors.
- Appearances of Henry Pym (Earth-1515)
- Character Gallery: Henry Pym (Earth-1515)
- Quotations by Henry Pym (Earth-1515)
Discover and Discuss
- Search News for: · ·
Links and References