Hank Pym is a S.H.I.E.L.D. Academy graduate who spent years studying how to shrink and grow items by manipulating their molecular structure. His eventual success led to S.H.I.E.L.D. bringing him in as a field agent dubbed "Ant-Man". He was later paired with Jonathan van Dyne, who had managed to replicate Pym's tech and turned himself into Yellowjacket. Although initially the pair did not get along, they eventually fell in love and began working together as a well oiled machine.
When S.H.I.E.L.D. formed the Avengers Initiative, Ant-Man and Yellowjacket were initially left off the roster, due to S.H.I.E.L.D. wanting to keep them a secret. However, after constant pressuring from Jonathan, Nick Fury relented and recruited them with the fake backstory that they had been working in their own private startup in California. After S.H.I.E.L.D. was revealed to be a front for Hydra, Ant-Man and Yellowjacket joined the Avengers in leaving S.H.I.E.L.D. to work for Tony Stark.
Powers and Abilities
- No Special Powers
- Genius Level Intellect
- Proportionate Human Strength at Microscopic Level
- Super Strength in Giant Form
- Ant-Man Suit
- Pym Particle Discs
- No special notes.
- Despite his ego not letting him admit it, Hank is only the second smartest Avenger on the team, following the Thing. Jonathan isn't the competitive type.
- Appearances of Henry Pym (Earth-1420)
- Character Gallery: Henry Pym (Earth-1420)
- Quotations by Henry Pym (Earth-1420)
Discover and Discuss
- Search News for: · ·
Links and References