Harry Osborn was born to wealthy industrialist Norman Osborn. Norman's wife, however, died giving birth to their son, leaving Norman to take care of Harry alone. Over the next several years, Harry gradually became one of the smarter kids to attend Midtown High, and eventually became best friends with Peter Parker and Mary Jane Watson. Eventually, however, Harry would be pulled into a deep depression when Norman lost his battle with lung cancer as a result of his smoking addiction.
CEO of Oscorp
Sometime after Norman's death, Harry took over as CEO of his father's company, and eventually married his college sweetheart Emily Montreal. The two would eventually have a child together named Normie. Harry eventually set Oscorp on the map in a way that his father never could, securing a military contract and funding his new weapons. Harry then became an instant celebrity. He also attended Peter and Mary Jane's wedding, paying for most of everything as a way of repaying his friends for the kindness they had shown him as children.
Addiction to Drugs
Around this time, Emily would become diagnosed with cancer. Not wishing to have Normie grow up without both of his parents like he had to go through, Harry looked extensively for someone to help find a cure, but it was no use. Emily was gone before Harry could find a cure. Harry, like his father before him, raised his son to the best of his ability, but eventually, Harry became addicted to several types of drugs, leading to more mishaps. Eventually, Harry became so depressed that he left the country, taking his son with him and leaving his butler, Bernard, in charge of Oscorp for the time being.
Return to the United States
After spending years in rehab in Europe, Harry decided that this was the right time to return to the U.S. Boarding a plane, Harry and Normie returned home. Deciding to reunite with the only family he had left, the Parkers, Harry visited Mary Jane in her home in Forest Hills. Harry also met her nephew, Tim, and her own children, May and Ben. Unbeknownst to Harry and the rest of the Parkers, however, Tim was secretly the masked vigilante known as Spider-Man. During dinner, a discussion about super heroes erupted, with Spider-Man being the prime subject, causing Harry to develop an interest towards super powers.
At Oscorp, Harry was attempting to perfect a special performance-enhancing drug that could grant someone peak strength, speed, agility, reflexes, and intelligence. However, in the midst of testing, the serum turned green and exploded, destroying much of the facility that Harry was working in. Afterwards, Harry awoke in the hospital. He then found that the serum had worked. He was stronger, smarter, faster, and more intelligent than before. However, this began to cost Harry his sanity, and he gradually began to become sadistic.
When the explosion at Oscorp became news, the board of directors decided that it would be best that the company be sold to it's rival, Quest Aerospace, due to its notorious reputation of disastrous experiments. Harry was infuriated by this decision, and vowed revenge for the people who destroyed him.
Becoming the Green Goblin
Harry eventually robbed a costume shop, taking with him a costume of a green elf with purple shoes, gloves, a hat, and a vest. Harry outfitted this costume with a variety of weaponized gadgets and implanted kevlar armor plating underneath the costume to ensure security. With his new gear, Harry set out as the Green Goblin and began to attack Quest Aerospace facilities all over the city, first attacking a military battlesuit test, then attacking the testing of an experimental railgun prototype.
===Offering a Chance and Death===
Powers and Abilities
Harry Osborn possesses no super powers of his own. However, he can go toe to toe against Captain America and possibly win.
- Gifted Intelligence: Even before consuming the Goblin Formula, Harry was extremely smart and intelligent, was extremely skilled with mathematics and science, possessing an immense knowledge of chemistry and the side-effects of drugs on humans and animals. The Goblin Formula enhanced Osborn's mental capacities and creative talents. Aside from his physical advantages, the serum also greatly enhanced Harry's already highly above average intellect, making him capable of making progress in advanced areas of genetics, robotics, engineering, and applied chemistry that most professional scientists can scarcely comprehend.
- Expert Marksman: As the Green Goblin, Harry uses various hand-held throwing weapons such as explosives and razor projectiles which he will throw with great aim rarely ever missing his target. He is also a skilled sharpshooter with various firearms.
- Skilled Combatant: He is a skilled unarmed combatant that is capable of using most weapons proficiently.
Harry is able to lift 10 tons under his own Goblin powers.
- Dissociative Identity Disorder: after being exposed to the Goblin Formula, he developed an entirely separate personality -- the "Green Goblin". While always mentally unstable, the formula had greatly diminished his already fragile grip on reality. His increased mental instability caused him to sometimes be extremely impulsive, not thinking before plunging into a potentially dangerous situation, making it relatively easy to lure him into a trap. Osborn also suffered from the delusion that he is invincible, claiming that "not even death could defeat him." This has caused him to fight when at a severe disadvantage, resulting in his defeat.
- Goblin Armor: The Green Goblin's costume incorporated chain mail in the tunic, giving him further protection from high impacts, such as the punches or kicks inflicted during his battles with Spider-Man.
- Goblin Glider: He soon re-designed this device into an improved version that he called his "goblin glider", capable of great maneuverability and speeds of up to 90 miles per hour. It was capable of supporting about 400 pounds including Harry's weight (and far more for very brief periods of time). Top speed and a full normal load would exhaust the fuel supply in about one hour. The main microprocessor assisted manual controls were behind the head of the glider, and later modifications added voice-activated radio-linked controls integrated into the Green Goblin's mask. The goblin glider was steered primarily, however, by the weight and attitude of its rider. The Goblin's boots locked into the stirrups of the glider electromagnetically.
- Pumpkin Bomb: The Green Goblin created and utilized various concussive, incendiary, and other specialized explosives in his career, most in the form of miniature jack-o'lanterns. The Goblin usually carried these in a shoulder bag, nicknamed his "bag of tricks".
- Incendiary: The incendiary grenades ignited almost soundlessly and released enough heat to melt through a three-inch thick sheet of steel.
- Smoke/Gas: He also carried a variety of smoke and gas-emitting bombs, which were surrounded by a light plastic mantle that fluttered like a wraith when the bomb was thrown. Other gas bombs emitted hallucinogenic gases, and others released a specially concocted gas that could neutralize Spider-Man's spider sense for a limited period of time.
- Flying Razor Bats: The Green Goblin sometimes threw razor sharp bat shaped projectiles which could slice into or ram and impale themselves into opponents.
- Electrical Discharges: The Green Goblin's gloves were interwoven with microcircuit-conducting filaments capable of high-frequency electrical power from rechargeable power packs in both his glove cuffs and costume tunics. They had the capacity to discharge for up to five minutes of sustained fire before depleting their power supplies.
- Bag of Tricks: In addition to the common Goblin weapons, there are many others in the bag of tricks like a crescent moon boomerang, a ghost that is stronger than steel, a toad that can emit sonic blasts, and can carry many other weapons in it most of which are unrevealed.
- No special notes.
- No trivia.
- Appearances of Harry Osborn (Earth-38723)
- Character Gallery: Harry Osborn (Earth-38723)
- Quotations by Harry Osborn (Earth-38723)
Discover and Discuss
- Search News for: · ·
Links and References