Harry Osborn is a rich kid who is the son of industrialist Norman Osborn who was mostly neglected by Osborn after the death of his mother and would spend more time at his job than being with him. Harry is also a star football athlete at Midtown High which made him one of the popular kids in school and was one of Flash Thompson's buddy. He eventually met Peter Parker. Harry improved Peter's social status and Peter would help tutor Harry in science. This ended the friendship between Flash and Harry however; but started a new one with Peter and the pair bonded every since. He would eventually meet and become friends with Peter's soon to be girlfriend Gwen Stacy and would also be in a relationship with Liz Allen.
Harry would later grow jealous of Peter's relationship with his father as Norman admired Peter's intelligence and work ethic. However, Harry eventually manages to somewhat mend the relationship he has with his father. Later on, Peter becomes the vigilante Spider-Man and Norman becomes the host of the menacing Green Goblin, but Harry remains unaware that the two are his best friend and his father. After Norman's death as The Green Goblin, Harry believes that his father was murdered by Spider-Man, and seeks revenge, unaware that Spider-Man had in fact tried to save Norman's life, and went to great lengths to keep secret the billionaire's alter-ego as The Green Goblin. After his father's death, Harry would then be sent to go live with his uncle; who would later ship him off to boarding school where he would get an education in business management whenever he's old enough to take over his father's company as CEO.
Powers and Abilities
- Skilled athlete: Harry is gifted with great natural talent in athletics. During his time in high school, he is a star quarterback for the Midtown High Bulldogs.
- Hand-to-hand combatant: Harry is shown willing to get into a fist fight when the situation presents itself. While unknown to what degree he can actually fight as he was shown able to trade blows with Flash Thompson.
That of an ordinary Human who engages in moderate regular exercises.
- Harry is an ordinary human, and as such shares the same weaknesses as all other non-superpowered humans.
Equipment: None known.
Transportation: None known.
Weapons: None known.
- This version of the character is exclusive to the continuity of Marvel Ultiverse and is an adaptation of Harry Osborn. The original character was created by Stan Lee and Steve Ditko and first appeared in Amazing Spider-Man #31 (December, 1965).
- This adaptation of Harry Osborn seems to mirror both of his film counterparts since he has hatred of Spider-Man yet still friends with Peter while also being sent to boarding school by his family members.
- Appearances of Harold Osborn (Earth-981)
- Character Gallery: Harold Osborn (Earth-981)
- Quotations by Harold Osborn (Earth-981)
Discover and Discuss
- Search News for: ·
Links and References