- He kept the truth from you so you would never feel different. You are our son, Loki, and we your family.
- -- Frigga
- -- Frigga
Frigga was the wife of Odin, mother of Thor and Balder and the queen of Asgard. She was compassionate and nurturing to her son, Thor, and Loki, the son of Laufey who Odin brought with him from Jotunheim after the war with the Frost Giants which the couple adopted. She raised both sons with love and warmth and appeared to be a good and wise queen.
Aware that Loki felt overshadowed by his father's and brother's physical prowess, Frigga trained him in magic, believing that this would give Loki his own ground to stand on.
Seeking to punish Thor for disturbing the peace of the Nine Realms, Odin stripped Thor of his powers and banished him to Earth. Frigga confronted Odin, angered by his decision, and pleaded with him to reverse his decision.
After Odin collapsed and was brought to his bedchamber, Frigga stayed at his side and refused to leave, afraid that he had put off the Odinsleep for too long and would never awaken. She expressed this fear to Loki who joined her to both comfort her and ask about the truth of his parentage. In response to Loki's question, Frigga tried to reassure him that he was loved and an integral part of the family. She then emphasized that everything Odin did was for a purpose.
When Laufey, along with two other Frost Giants, as part of a pact he made with Loki, entered Odin's room to kill him, Frigga defended her husband, killing one of the Frost Giants before being thrown aside. Loki appeared and slew Laufey with Gungnir, and then embraced his mother.
Immediately after, Thor returned and Frigga ran to him, embracing him. During a banquet to welcome Thor back to Asgard, she talked with Lady Sif about how Thor was feeling.
Discovering Loki's Survival
Unable to accept the death of her son, Frigga used magic to find him. She found him making his deal with Thanos and attempted to talk to him, but he told her it was not a good time.
When Thor reached Earth in order to collect Loki, he told the God of Mischief that he had to come back to Asgard, since their mother was deeply in grief and believing him dead. Loki responded, saying that he did not consider Frigga his mother anymore, after learning the truth about his own origins.
When Thor managed to return Loki to Asgard, Frigga was relieved to see him. Loki was seemingly touched when Odin revealed that he had spared him only for Frigga's sake. Later, Frigga visited Loki in his cell, telling him she had done everything in her power to make him comfortable. Loki was bitter towards her, and in turn she reminded him of his crimes on Earth. Loki calmed down and attempted to touch her, only to find that Frigga had visited him in a holographic projection.
After Thor returned from Vanaheim, he saw her talking with Loki. He asked her if she wished she had not shared her magic with him. Frigga told him that she was still glad she did, because it helped him be different from his brother and father.
Frigga was then killed by an army of Frost Giants who attempted to invade Asgard.
Powers and Abilities
Asgardian Physiology: As an Asgardian, Frigga had superhuman abilities.
- Superhuman Strength: As an Asgardian, Frigga had incredible strength.
- Superhuman Durability: Frigga's skin, muscle, and bone tissue had several times the density of the same tissue in the body of a human being.
- Superhuman Stamina: Frigga's musculature was considerably more efficient than that of a human. As a result, her muscles produced practically no fatigue toxins during physical activity compared to those of humans. Her virtually inexhaustible stamina enabled her to exert himself at peak capacity for an undefined period of time without tiring at all.
- Regenerative Healing Factor: Despite her body's resistance to injury, it was possible to injure Frigga. However, due to her Asgardian physiology, Frigga was able to heal at a rate much faster than an normal human being. Despite this, she was still able to be killed by a Frost Giant.
- Longevity: As an Asgardian, Frigga possesses a natural lifespan of approximately five-thousand years.
- Superior Reflexes: Frigga's mobility and co-ordination are honed to the levels of an athlete.
Illusion Manipulation: Frigga was able to cast extremely convincing illusions of other beings, especially herself. She was able to send a projection of herself to the Chitauri Space and used the ability to speak to Loki in his cell. Loki is talented in the same art, mostly as a result of Frigga's tutoring.
- Arcane Lore: Frigga has knowledge of Asgardian techniques for creating realistic illusions. She has demonstrated the ability to create a flawless decoy of a person in her vicinity, and has also sent an animated image of herself to another location within the Asgardian palace. In both cases the optical illusions had accompanying projected sound.
- Swordsmanship: Frigga has advanced martial training with long blades, and uses a longsword in a reverse-grip with a highly mobile low stance.
- Expert Combatant: Frigga was a highly skilled combatant. She killed a Frost Giant with ease; although more of her skill was prevalent during the attack on Asgard.
Equipment: None known.
Transportation: None known.
Weapons: None known.
- No special notes.
- No trivia.
- Appearances of Frigga (Earth-1010)
- Character Gallery: Frigga (Earth-1010)
- Quotations by Frigga (Earth-1010)
Discover and Discuss
- Search News for: ·
Links and References