|Property of Uncanny X-Factor|
This article is the property of Uncanny X-Factor. Comments and feedback are encouraged. If you want to use something from this page, please ask before taking it.
- I control the power of the universe! No ragtag band of costumed kooks will ever defeat me!
- -- Graviton
- -- Graviton
Dr. Franklin Hall was a S.H.I.E.L.D. scientist working at a secret lab in Canada on a possible teleportation device. However, his device was a failure. S.H.I.E.L.D. refused to grant him any more resources, which angered him. Desperate, he used his own money to amplify the capabilities of the device, but it resulted in a horrible accident: the second version only teleported half a human. Franklin's employment was terminated with S.H.I.E.L.D., much to his chagrin.
Now furious with S.H.I.E.L.D., to the point of being bent on destroying them, he snuck in one night after hearing rumors that the organization had discovered an element in the Earth's core, known as Gravitonium, and were going to give it to Dr. Walter Langowski. He managed to kill most of the guards and steal the substance. However, the massive quantities of the object pinned him to the ground, leading him to be captured by S.H.I.E.L.D. agents and imprisoned below their facilities. However, he managed to program a Life Model Decoy to look and act like himself, and he escaped, taking the Gravitonium with him, this time sneaking it out in smaller quantities.
Ultimately, he was able to run tests on the substances and began committing crimes holding chunks of it in his hand. He began creating a suit of Gravitonium, however, he abandoned it after it floated him into space and nearly killed him. His second uniform was more successful, having wristbands, palms, boots, and a chestplate crafted from Gravitonium. He then began committing other, larger crimes, regaining the attention of S.H.I.E.L.D. However, they were no longer able to stop him.
Battling the soon-to-be Avengers
Hall ventured to Manhattan, where he used large chunks of Gravitonium placed deep underground to levitate the entire city. He held it there, boasting to the world of his tremendous strength. At first, it seemed as though none could stop him. But then he was opposed first by the otherworldly Thor, and then the tin-plated terror Iron Man. Shortly thereafter, Hank Pym dispatched the Wasp and his assistant Black Goliath, who were shortly thereafter joined by a a time-displaced World War II hero and the strongest one there was. Despite nearly killing the entire team more than once, the god and Hulk put up a good fight, giving him direct conflict. Their teamwork ultimately led to his downfall, when his suit was destroyed and he was returned to S.H.I.E.L.D. custody. Despite his hopes, he had led to the greatest team of super-heroes the world had never seen before coming to fruition: Franklin Hall created the Avengers.
Powers and Abilities
Franklin is an ordinary human, possessing no superhuman attributes.
|Power Grid |
Franklin is a genius, and being a former SHIELD agent, has mastered hand-to-hand combat. He possesses master knowledge of the mineral known as Gravitonium, and is the only person on the planet who completely understands its properties.
Gravitonium is very easily disturbed by overloading on energy. Typically, large energy-based attacks like Thor's lightning are required to bring him down.
Equipment: Gravitonium Suit: Franklin utilizes a suit containing Gravitonium.
- Gravitikinesis: Gravitonium is a mineral that absorbs almost any form of energy, and as a by-product, distorts gravity in the immediate area. As such, due to discreetly-placed samples of Gravitonium in his uniform, Franklin can bend gravity based on physical gestures. He can control whether something becomes lighter and heavier, and manipulate where objects attract to or repel from, by manipulating gravitons. Franklin has precise control, to the point of being able to lift a landmass the size on Manhattan Island several thousand feet in the air, while still moving small columns of land to different heights. He has also increased gravity to make the Hulk exert himself to the point of sweating in order to move, something that has been rarely seen since.
- Flight: By decreasing the pull of gravity beneath him, he can fly at any speed or height, only limited by where he can still breathe. However by using his force field generation he can also breathe in space.
- Force Field Generation: Franklin can create a force field out of solid gravitons that, at full strength, can resists blows from the Hulk or Mjolnir.
- Super Strength
Transportation: None known.
Weapons: None known.
- No special notes.
- ↑ OHOTMR #1
- No trivia.
- Appearances of Franklin Hall (Earth-166)
- Character Gallery: Franklin Hall (Earth-166)
- Quotations by Franklin Hall (Earth-166)
Discover and Discuss
- Search News for: · ·
Links and References