Felicia was the daughter of renowned cat burglar Jack Hardy. Jack trained Felicia in everything he knew so she could fend for herself when she grew up.
Eventually, Felicia would take after her father and become a greater thief than he was, calling herself the Black Cat. The Black Cat would eventually begin working for Roxxon Corporation.
Stealing from Oscorp
In 2014, Roxxon spies had reported that Norman Osborn was attempting to replicate the Super Soldier Serum and had created a prototype and infused it with a spider. The CEO of Roxxon would then order her to retrieve the spider to which she successfully did. Until she encountered the vigilante Daredevil.
She attempted to flee from him but he caught up and the two engaged in a fight. Their fight eventually found its way to the streets where a teenager witnessed the whole fight, Daredevil knocked the object she stole out of her bag where the teenager, believing he could help, took it and ran away. Black Cat attacked the boy and before she could hurt him Daredevil attacked her once more. Black Cat attempted to flee and Daredevil followed only to realize she had escaped.
To be added...
Powers and Abilities
Expert Thief: Felicia is a skilled (somewhat reformed) thief skilled in stealth, picking locks, escapology, evading alarms and cracking safes.
Olympic Level Athlete: She has reflexes, agility, and stamina of an Olympic level acrobat. She is physically very strong and athletic and has great physical endurance.
Olympic Acrobat: Felicia is particularly a skilled acrobat capable of many difficult feats.
Skilled Martial Artist: She has been trained in several martial arts; most notably Goju-ryu Karate and Judo which she specializes in. Felicia is capable of taking on several armed assailants and incapacitating them without being injured herself. Her strength and, when pushed too far, ferocity in battle has proven to be overwhelming enough to defeat the mutant assassin known as Sabretooth.
Equipment: Black Cat's Costume: The costume she currently uses was designed by the Roxxon Corporation, created using leather material, and is designed to increase many of her natural physical attributes far beyond normal human levels by means of micro servos embedded into it.
- Peak Human Strength: The Black Cat's costume increases her physical strength to levels beyond the natural limits of a woman of her weight and physical build. In fact, her strength is increased to the maximum of human potential, enabling her to lift approximately 800 lbs with maximum effort.
- Superhuman Speed: The Black Cat's speed is similarly enhanced, though to levels that are slightly beyond the capabilities of the finest human athlete. Over short distances, she can sprint at a top speed of about 40 miles per hour.
- Superhuman Agility: The costume she wears also possesses various implants. Without these implants, she has the agility of an Olympic level gymnast. However, the implants augment her natural agility to levels that are beyond the capability and physical limits of the finest human athlete.
- Retractable Claws: The gloves of the Black Cat's costume contain steel micro-filaments that form retractable claws at the tip of each finger when she flexes her fingers by triggering a magnetic surge which condenses the filaments into polarized talons. These claws are highly durable and razor sharp, allowing her to tear through most substances and to easily scale walls.
Equilibrium Earrings: Felicia wears earrings obtained by the Tinkerer that interact with the balance centers of her brain to grant her enhanced agility and balance, increasing her natural bodily equilibrium and allowing her to accomplish feats beyond the capabilities of the finest human athlete.
Electromagnetic Contact Lenses: Felicia wears contact lenses obtained by the Tinkerer that allows her to see in various ranges of the electromagnetic spectrum, such as infrared and ultraviolet light. When wearing these contacts, Felicia's eyes appear to have blue irises as opposed to the green irises that Felicia naturally possesses.
Transportation: The Black Cat has a miniature grappling hook device hidden in the "fur" of each glove, designed by her father Walter Hardy, which enables her to swing from buildings in a manner similar to Spider Man and Daredevil despite lacking the associated speed of either. She can also use the cable from this device as a tightrope, wall scaling device, swing line, or as a weapon in combat.
Weapons: None known.
- No special notes.
- Felicia was born in 1995.
- Appearances of Felicia Hardy (Earth-1111)
- Character Gallery: Felicia Hardy (Earth-1111)
- Quotations by Felicia Hardy (Earth-1111)
Discover and Discuss
- Search News for: · ·
Links and References