Born in Queens, New York, to a privileged and wealthy family, Felicia Hardy led the ideal life growing up, as a popular cheerleader and respected athlete who still managed straight A's in all her classes. But her family had a dark secret – the Hardy fortune was a result of her father’s career as a notorious cat burglar.
Making plenty of enemies on both sides of the law, he disappeared under mysterious circumstances when Felicia graduated high school. Determined to continue his legacy – or perhaps for other, less obvious reasons – Felicia has since dedicated her life to following in her father’s footsteps.
Felicia trained for years, until she felt she was ready to become the ultimate thief. Her obsession paid off – before long, she’d find that her sharp wit and seductive allure gave her an edge over the competition, landing her in circles that even her father, a master thief, could never have hoped to breach. What's more, after three years of consistently brilliant jobs, she still managed to elude all authorities (as well as other, less law-abiding figures on her trail). But her luck is about to change...
Felicia has been declared legally insane and imprisoned in the Beloif insane asylum. She was accidentally freed by the actions of Spider Man when he went to get doctor Curtis Connors to create a antidote to the cross species plague, sadly he couldn't stop her at the time.
Felicia went on to recruit a small army of mercenaries and thugs and used them rob St Gabriel's bank. Spider-Man responded to the break in first by taking down Felicia's hired army and then confronting Felicia herself. However she had a escape plan in place, having arranged for one of her men to crash a subway car into the bank vault providing a convenient escape tunnel.
Spider-Man tracked down Felicia and she soon proved herself to be no pushover, countering Spider-Man's super human abilities with technologically advanced weapons and impressive stealth skills though she was eventually defeated. Captured by Spider Man she attempted to earn his sympathy, while he carried her to the police, in order to learn how he got his powers by claiming that she is completely sane and was wrongfully imprisoned by powerful enemies she's earned.
Fortunately Spider Man was not fooled and the information Felicia was able to learn was that Spider Man gained his powers in a Oscorp experiment and afterwards was handed over to police custody. Based on a crime scene at a trio of jewelry stores she seems to have already escaped from police custody and left flirtatious note for Spider Man.
Powers and Abilities
- Probability Field Manipulation: The Black Cat is imbued with a genuine ability to cause "bad luck" by scientists working for the Kingpin through a bargain made with him. This power allowed her to subliminally affect probability fields, which would cause improbable, though not impossible, events of "bad luck" to occur to enemies within her line of sight.
Expert Thief: Felicia is a skilled (somewhat reformed) thief skilled in stealth, picking locks, escapeology, evading alarms and cracking safes.
Olympic Level Athlete: She has reflexes, agility, and stamina of an Olympic level acrobat. She is physically very strong and athletic and has great physical endurance.
Olympic Acrobat: Felicia is particularly a skilled acrobat capable of many difficult feats.
Skilled Martial Artist: She has been trained in several martial arts; most notably Goju-ryu Karate and Judo which she specializes in. Felicia is capable of taking on several armed assailants and incapacitating them without being injured herself. Her strength and, when pushed too far, ferocity in battle has proven to be overwhelming enough to defeat the mutant assassin known as Sabretooth.
Equipment: Black Cat's Costume: The costume she currently uses was created using leather material, and is designed to increase many of her natural physical attributes far beyond normal human levels by means of micro servers embedded into it.
- Peak Human Strength: The Black Cat's costume increases her physical strength to levels beyond the natural limits of a woman of her weight and physical build. In fact, her strength is increased to the maximum of human potential, enabling her to lift approximately 800 lbs with maximum effort.
- Superhuman Speed: The Black Cat's speed is similarly enhanced, though to levels that are slightly beyond the capabilities of the finest human athlete. Over short distances, she can sprint at a top speed of about 40 miles per hour.
- Superhuman Agility: The costume she wears also possesses various implants. Without these implants, she has the agility of an Olympic level gymnast. However, the implants augment her natural agility to levels that are beyond the capability and physical limits of the finest human athlete.
- Retractable Claws: The gloves of the Black Cat's costume contain steel micro-filaments that form retractable claws at the tip of each finger when she flexes her fingers by triggering a magnetic surge which condenses the filaments into polarized talons. These claws are highly durable and razor sharp, allowing her to tear through most substances and to easily scale walls.
Equilibrium Earings: Felicia wears earrings obtained by the Tinkerer that interact with the balance centers of her brain to grant her enhanced agility and balance, increasing her natural bodily equilibrium and allowing her to accomplish feats beyond the capabilities of the finest human athlete.
Electromagnetic Contact Lenses: Felicia wears contact lenses obtained by the Tinkerer that allows her to see in various ranges of the electromagnetic spectrum, such as infrared and ultraviolet light. When wearing these contacts, Felicia's eyes appear to have blue irises as opposed to the green irises that Felicia naturally possesses.
Transportation: None known.
Weapons: None known.
- No special notes.
- No trivia.
- Appearances of Felicia Hardy (Earth-1010)
- Character Gallery: Felicia Hardy (Earth-1010)
- Quotations by Felicia Hardy (Earth-1010)
Discover and Discuss
- Search News for: · ·
Links and References