Fantastic Four: Day of Reckoning is an upcoming 2020 film released in the Earth-11584 continuity of the Marvel Cinematic Universe. It is the 3rd stand alone film of the Fantastic Four franchise, the 8th film in Phase 4, and the 36th film overall in the MCU. All the original cast members return for this film, an adaptation of the classic "Galactus Trilogy" of comics, which also stars Keanu Reeves as the Silver Surfer. Greg Berlanti, one of the creative minds behind DC's Arrowverse, makes his Marvel directorial debut with this film, replacing Brad Bird who directed the previous two Fantastic Four films in the franchise.
Summary of Changes
This film is a standalone film within the Earth-11584 universe. It does adapt the classic Galactus Trilogy story, which was also done by the mainline Rise of the Silver Surfer film. However, this film follows much closer to the original comics, with a couple of notable changes and additions.
- Matt Bomer as Reed Richards/Mr. Fantastic- The leader of the Fantastic Four, a brilliant scientist who can stretch and modify the elasticity of his body into almost any shape. Married to Susan Storm at the beginning of the film.
- Kathryn Winnick as Susan Storm-Richards/Invisible Woman- A scientist in her own right with the power to turn invisible and create force fields around herself and individuals. Married to Reed Richards at the beginning of the film.
- Dean Norris as Ben Grimm/The Thing- The best friend of Reed Richards who was mutated into a rock-like being due to exposure to cosmic rays.
- Logan Lerman as Johnny Storm/The Human Torch- The younger brother of Sue Storm, who has the power to control fire and ignite his own body in controlled flame.
- Lucy Liu as Alicia Masters- The blind girlfriend of Ben Grimm, aka The Thing.
- Keanu Reeves as Norrin Radd/The Silver Surfer- A noble being who serves the World Devourer Galactus as his herald in order to spare his own world from destruction. Wields the Power Cosmic.
- Clark Gregg as Phil Coulson- A former agent of and current director of SHIELD who coordinates the Earth's defenses against Galactus' encroachment.
- Samara Weaving as Frankie Raye- A Shield Agent attached as a liaison with the Fantastic Four, who is also dating Johnny Storm.
- Charles Dance as Uatu the Watcher- A member of an ancient species who chronicles all events in the universe, but has a strict vow of non-interference. He violates this vow in the interest of saving the Earth due to the events witnessed in Infinity Gauntlet.
- Terrence Mann as Galactus- The evolution of a being from a previous universe before this one who now must eat the life energy of planets to sustain his own life. Terrence Mann provides the voice of the CGI Galactus.
In addition, Gary Busey has a cameo role early in the film as the X-Factor villain Rick Chalker, aka Number One Fan.