Eschel's father, Mikaboshi, the god of terror and evil, would produce many children in order to have one with the same power as himself, but none matched his power. However, when Eschel was created, she was finally a match for his power. Shocked, he sent her to Earth to oppress all living organisms there. During her transportation to Earth, she obtained all information about the universe and knew that Mikaboshi's purpose in the universe was to terrorize everything. Mikaboshi told Eschel that she had a limited amount of time to terrorize the world. She knew that what he wanted to do was evil, so she went to earth to get help to defeat Mikaboshi instead of helping him.
Eschel was summoned to Doctor Strange's headquarters in New York due to her being a possible threat to the world. Since she did not who how or why she was created, Strange started to analyze her soul power. He found out that her power came from the celestial Mikaboshi, who carried tremendous power unlike any being in the universe. As soon as they discovered her power, she momentarily started to project her soul self and bound Strange onto the floor. When her soul self temporarily vanished, she started to have a mental breakdown and apologizes for her actions. Eschel could not control her soul self due to Mikaboshi's manipulations when she projects her soul self. When Mikaboshi takes complete control of her body, they will become unstoppable and her soul starts to die. Doctor Strange investigated further to stop Mikaboshi from taking over her body. He performed a ritual to extract Mikaboshi's entity from her body, which was successful.
A few days after her extraction, she set out to the Avengers to undergo training with Wanda Maximoff to further advance her magic and combat training. Mikaboshi appeared above the Avengers' headquarters and informed the Earth that they would be terrorized upon the winter solstice. Traumatized, the Avengers questioned her intentions in this world. She told them that she wanted to undergo training to defeat Mikaboshi, who was her father. Since his proclamation, she underwent training for several months to defeat him.
As the winter solstice came, Eschel created a portal to Mikaboshi's grotto with the Avengers to defeat him. The Avengers struggled to oppress Mikaboshi. However, Eschel sealed Mikaboshi and his soul into a black masquerade mask, which from then on served as her source of power.
Powers and Abilities
Hybrid Physiology: Due to Mikaboshi's parentage, she is part human and God, giving her supernatural abilities. She has abilities that are inherited from Mikaboshi's power, and can turn it into a black, viscous liquid made out of pure negative energy that she can manipulate out of her body. When she sealed Mikaboshi into her masquerade mask, her powers increased and grew in control of her soul self. This allows Eschel to defeat anyone with ease.
- Superhuman Strength: Due to her human-celestial hybrid genes, she can overpower combatants such as elite soldiers, high class assassins, and the Avengers. Eschel can break through iron bars and can break through walls and floors when being knocked down towards them. Her powers rely on her strength and by doing so can unleash powerful attacks with her negative energy.
- Superhuman Durability: Eschel can resist many more attacks than a normal human being and other races such as the Asgardians. She can survive the power of an Infinity Stone when being attacked directly towards her and still remain unharmed, such as when she was struck by the power of the Power Stone by Ronan the Accuser. She could also resist the punches from Black Widow when fighting against each other and could stand on her feet.
- Superhuman Reflexes: Eschel can react and dodge attacks at an incredible speed. She is able to dodge Captain Americas punches with ease when being ambushed by the Avengers. While flying, she can dodge a vast amount of bullets being shot by spaceships and Thanos' battleship when they were going through the Quantum Realm to go to the year of 2023.
- Superhuman Speed: Eschel can move at great superhuman speed.
- Enhanced Agility: Eschel has superior agility, dexterity, balance, and body coordination than a regular human being. She can perform multiple gymnastic tricks such as cartwheels, front flips, and backflips to dodge any incoming attacks. She uses flying kicks and cartwheels to attack her target(s).
- Regenerative Healing Factor: Due to her human / celestial physiology, she can heal at a faster rate than a regular human being. When she gets punched in the face, there are no scars that are left behind her face and disappears in a short time. Gunshots and sharp slashes will have no effect on Eschel. However when she suffers from a lethal attack, she can recover from her wounds immediately.
Umbrakinesis: With or without her soul self, Eschel has the power to produce pure negative energy which resembles a black, viscous liquid or mist from her body and manipulate the element for a multitude of purposes. After some training with the others, she was able to control it to attack Mikaboshi and Thanos. She can effortlessly restrain Captain America and the Hulk, who both possesses superhuman strength. When sparring with Scarlet Witch, she could overpower her powers by creating a large blast of her negative energy towards her and when fighting against Doctor Strange which she binds him into a thick, black liquid that covers his body unable to resist the power.
- Astral Projection: Eschel can manifest an astral projection through her subconscious, "soul self" — a ghostly extension of her soul that exists in a state of pure negative energy which she can physically project from her body. Her soul self appears as a demonic version of herself with pale skin and dark lines that crack from her completely black eyes. She can turn completely into her soul self to enhance her powers even further.
- Illusion casting: Eschel has the power to make an illusion of people or atmospheres.
- Portal creation: Through her soul self, she can create portals to places she has been to or to Mikaboshi's grotto which serves as her home and room in the Avengers headquarters.
- Telepathy: Eschel is able to read and enter people's minds through physical contact.
- Empathy: Eschel can manipulate and sense the emotions of others, allowing her to access their thoughts and intentions. She has also demonstrated the ability to send an emotional state of calm for individuals who are in extreme pain, fear and anger.
- Healing: Eschel possesses the ability to rapidly heal others from any physical injury. She is able to resurrect an organism and heal its wound without even trying to. After some training, she is able to heal people without any pain or fatigue.
- Telekinesis: Eschel has demonstrated the ability to telekinetically move objects or other individuals without physically touching them. Her telekinetic powers have been able to throw people across rooms and lock doors into place, keeping strong individuals such as the Hulk from coming out of the black energy.
- Telekinetic blasts: Eschel can exert enough telekinetic force to form powerful blast of concussive force, capable of destroying part of convent with relative ease.
- Flight: Eschel can levitate herself and other individuals into the air. Those who are levitated by her can fly at will as long as Eschel is in the air as well.
- Self Sustenance: With her soul self unleashed, Eschel is able to survive out in the depths of space without any breathing equipment.
- Superior Combatant: Having trained by ancient monks assigned by Mikaboshi himself, she is an expert of martial arts that she created herself, called Chi Blocking. Chi blocking relies on rapidly hitting pressure points with quick jabs and punches, often giving little to no time for the recipient to react. Eschel hits pressure points with relatively light jabs using her fingers and knuckles, though any digits can be used. She can also use her feet to disable other's energy flow when she was cornered by Mikaboshi's carcass.
- Expert Acrobat: Eschel is extraordinarily agile. She is able to execute mid-air somersaults and cartwheels that surpassed the Avengers. As she stayed longer on Earth, she developed remarkable acrobatic abilities, which she can dodge everything with balance and grace. Eschel is also able to outmaneuver almost any opponent she came across and jump exceptionally high and far, even from a stationary position. She is also limber; able to twist, bend, and contort herself into positions nearly impossible for an ordinary person to achieve. These abilities grant her impressive parkour and running skills, allowing her to scale almost any surface or terrain quickly and squeeze through most barriers and small spaces with noticeable ease.
- Marksman: Eschel is proficient at any weapon that she has physical contact with.
Eschel can lift 120 tons with relative ease
Eschel's only weakness is when her masquerade mask breaks. Although the mask is made with Mikaboshi's energy, it is still fragile like an ordinary mask. Breaking the mask is difficult to impossible to break. However, when the mask is harmed, her powers and her soul self powers weaken.
- Masquerade mask: Eschel possesses a black masquerade mask with a purple feather on top of it. It was given to her by Iron Man when she wanted a unique item in which to seal Mikaboshi's soul. In addition, it acts as her power source. She wears the masquerade mask on the right side of her head.
Transportation: None known.
Weapons: None known.
This character is completely made up and written for entertainment purposes. It may be used for role-playing purposes.
- Eschel's name is a play on words, as in 'estial' from the word "celestial."
- She does not like sweets.
- Appearances of Eschel (Earth-616)
- Character Gallery: Eschel (Earth-616)
- Quotations by Eschel (Earth-616)
Discover and Discuss
- Search News for: · ·
Links and References