- Look, I may have amnesia, forgot everything I knew about myself, but I haven't forgotten about my damn dignity.
- -- Emma
- -- Emma
Emma Grace Frost was one of the children of a rich family in Boston. The second of three daughters, Emma also had two older brothers, named Deacon Frost and Christian Frost.
The three Frost sisters were mutants with telepathic abilities, and it matured upon reaching their puberty. Emma was her father's favorite daughter, making her older sister, Adrienne, jealous of her. Emma suffered from intensely painful migraines and, while attending class, began to hear other people's thoughts and collapsed. Emma was scared of what she was capable of at first, but practiced to control it. Christian Frost, Emma's brother, had a drug problem, and has been a dissapointment to his parent's eyes. Their father's heart failed, and their father had to undergo medical exams. It came time when their father was very old and sick, almost to the point of dying. He chose a worthy heir to the family fortune before he passed away. Emma was the most obvious choice, being their parent's favorite.
Emma and her family went bankrupt due to Christian's addiction and overuse of drugs and money, and was kicked out of the house. Emma left their mansion for New York to get a decent job, where she had challenges with. She eventually got a job offer at a big hotel. During the interview, Emma used her powers on the HR manager, Moira McTaggert. The trick failed, and killed Moira instead. The staff found out about this and had Emma arrested.
While in jail, Emma met Selene Gallio, who also had mutant powers. Together, they tried to escape. They eventually stumbled upon a Sentinel that destroyed the city. Emma was one of the victims, and she was rushed to a hospital, along with Charles Xavier. Charles joined her to the hospital room because he thought that it was all his fault, and the Genoshan War. After her recovery and sudden amnesia, Charles let Emma stay at his place.
Powers and Abilities
- Telepathy: Frost has displayed the telepathic standards of broadcasting and receiving thoughts, mind-control, altering perceptions and memories, projection of offensive blasts of psionic energy causing mental pain or unconsciousness, astral projection, mind switching, brain engram modification, mental sedation of unconscious victims, induction of mental pain by touch and limited psychometry. Frost is also very adept at performing 'psychic surgery': the utilization of pin-pointed psionic energy to exert absolute control over individual brain functions such that the physical form can be manipulated (i.e., injuries healed, disabilities repaired, the nervous system, etc), a sub-skill of telepathy unusual for even the most powerful of telepaths, but one that Emma is keen to utilize whenever the occasion benefits her. Frost's abilities rival those of Charles Xavier's, her incredible power and conniving ways are evident in her first appearance whereby she manages to capture and sedate him.
- Psychic Wave Manipulation: The ability to generate and manipulate thought waves.The user can manipulate their thought waves and utilize them either in a telepathic manner or materialize the waves into powerful energy for physical purposes; further compression of such psychic waves could become physical matter.It can create a barrier composed of compressed waves, materialized waves into appendages to manipulate objects and project mind waves into whatever is imagined'.
- Psychic Surgery: the utilization of pin-pointed psionic energy to exert absolute control over individual brain functions such that the physical form can be manipulated (i.e., injuries healed, disabilities repaired, the nervous system, etc), a sub-skill of telepathy unusual for even the most powerful of telepaths, but one that Emma is keen to utilize whenever the occasion benefits her.
- Heal Trauma: The ability to erase a person’s memories and to heal mental trauma through “psychic surgery,” the power to stimulate or deaden the pain and pleasure centers in a person's brain.
- Cloak Mind: The ability to rearrange the mental engrams of mutants so her distinctive mutant thought patterns cannot be detected by Cerebro-type devises or by other telepaths.
- Psionic Shield: The ability to erect a psychic shield for protection of herself and other minds.
- Telepathic Cloak: The ability to telepathically mask her presence and the use of her abilities from being detected by other mutants and psychic entities. These defenses can be extended to others around them as well. Cloaking via telepathy is not perfect and powerful telepathic mutants may notice and 'see' through this ability.
- Telepathic Illusions: The ability to create realistic telepathic illusions and cause people to experience events which are not actually occurring.
- Telepathic Camouflage: The ability to alter the apparent physical appearance of oneself and others by altering the perceptions of those around them. This can go so far as to make other people believe that the camouflaged people are not there (invisible). The only limit to this ability, if one exists, is only imposed by the number of people a telepath is trying to fool, not the number of people a telepath is actually camouflaging.
- Absorb Information: The ability to quickly process and store information, by mental transference.
- Astral Projection: The ability to project one's astral form from their body onto astral planes or the physical planes. In the physical plane one can travel in astral form over vast distances.
- Dilate Power: The ability to place "psychic inhibitors" in the minds of mutant adversaries to prevent them from using their powers.
- Download Information: The ability to place large amounts of information in another's mind.
- Induce Pain: The ability to induce mental pain merely by touching the brow of the victim.
- Intuitive Multilingual: The ability to intuitively translating new languages.
- Mental Amnesia: The ability to erase any awareness of particular memories or cause total amnesia.
- Mental Detection: The ability to sense the presence of another superhuman mutant within a small but as yet undefined radius of oneself by perceiving the distinctive mental radiations emitted by such a being.
- Mental Paralysis: The ability to induce temporary mental or physical paralysis.
- Mental Sedating: The ability to telepathically "sedate" one's victims so that, if already rendered unconscious, they remain so for as long as a telepath continues to "sedate" them.
- Personality Alteration: The ability to alter the minds of others by sheer force of will, permanently changing their personality either partially or entirely.
- Mind Control: The ability to control the thoughts and actions of others.
- Mind Link: The ability to develop a mental link with any person, which remains as a connection to that individual long after the link itself is broken.
- Mind Transferal: The ability to transfer both the mind and powers of the user into other host bodies should their own physical body somehow be killed.
- Neural Jumpstart: The ability to increase the speed of neural signals in the brain, allowing her to increase another mutant's powers to incredible levels, but the effect is only temporary.
- Possession: The ability to possess the mind of another, and use that being's body, and any powers it may possess, as one's own.
- Psionic Blasts: Can project psionic force bolts or blast waves which have no physical effects but which can affect a victim's mind so as to cause the victim pain or unconsciousness and can even kill an adversary.
- Telepathic Tracking: Enhanced psionic senses enable a telepath to detect and track other sentient beings by their unique psionic emanations (thought patterns contained in the psionic portion of the spectrum), especially if they pose a threat to one's well-being in their immediate vicinity.
- Limited psychometry: It is said that Emma possesses a form a psychometric powers, but she has yet to show them as they still could be a growth of her powerful telepathic abilities.
- She can selectively transform parts of her body into metal.
- Her metal form has an undefined level of superhuman strength.
- Stronger Telepathy: Emma is not invulnerable to stronger telepathic waves. The Mind Corruptor once altered Emma's mind to think of a false future.
Equipment: None known.
Transportation: None known.
Weapons: None known.
- No special notes.
- Emma is left-handed.
- This alternate reality version of Emma Frost is more conservative and modest due to her parent's strict rules.
- Appearances of Emma Frost (Earth-82016)
- Character Gallery: Emma Frost (Earth-82016)
- Quotations by Emma Frost (Earth-82016)
Discover and Discuss
- Search News for: · ·
Links and References