The identity of Emma's biological parents remains shrouded in mystery. She was adopted and raised by Winston and Hazel Frost, influential and prosperous millionaires along with her biological brother, Alec. During their childhood, they were frequently bullied by their adoptive sisters, Alyssa and Olivia, who had always looked down on them due to the fact that they were adopted. They also couldn't earn the approval and love of their cold-hearted and domineering adoptive parents. Try as she might, she could never meet their impossibly high demands. However, she did all she could to support her quiet and socially awkward younger brother, who at some point suffered from a mental breakdown.
Dating Scott Summers
After some time her telepathic powers began to manifest, allowing her to read the minds of other students and get answers to tests. As a result of this, her grades gradually improved and she finally earned the recognition and praise she desired from her parents. One of the teachers suggested that Emma could tutor poor students who weren't doing well with school. She enthusiastically agreed and that's how she met Scott Summers. The two of them immediately hit it off, becoming fast friends and bonding over the fact that they were both mutants. Their platonic relationship had gradually grown until both realized they loved each other. However, the romance was jeopardized when, envious of Emma's success, Alyssa and Olivia learned about their relationship and brought it to their father's attention. Infuriated that his daughter was dating someone from a lower class, Winston forbade his adopted daughter from dating Summers. Although Emma attempted to fight back, she changed her mind and obeyed her father in order to not provoke any unnecessary anger that could hurt her or Alec.
Becoming the White Queen
At some point, Emma has become a member of an elite secret society comprised by mutants known as the Inner Circle. She now introduces herself as the White Queen.
Powers and Abilities
- Telepathy: Emma Frost possesses many telepathic abilities.
- Mental Amnesia: The ability to cause loss of particular memories or total amnesia in another person or group of people.
- Mental Detection: The ability to sense the presence of another superhuman mutant.
- Mind Control: The ability to control the minds, thoughts and actions of all humans for a short time.
- Mind Link: The ability to develop a mental link with any person which remains as a connection to that individual.
- Mind Reading: The ability to read another person's thoughts.
- Psionic Blasts: Can project psionic force bolts or blast waves which can do damage on either a physical or mental level.
- Psionic Shield: The ability to create a psychic shield for protection of herself.
- Psychic Communication: The ability to communicate with others mentally.
- Telepathic and Mind Cloaking: The ability to telepathically mask her presence and the use of her abilities from being detected by other mutants and psychic entities.
- Telepathic Camouflage: The ability to alter the apparent physical appearance of oneself and others by altering the perceptions of those around them.
- Telepathic Illusions: The ability to create realistic telepathic illusions and cause people to experience events which are not actually occurring.
Defense Training: Emma had some training in hand-to-hand combat.
Emma possesses the normal human strength of a woman of her age, height and build who engages in moderate regular exercise.
Equipment: None known.
Transportation: None known.
Weapons: None known.
- No special notes.
- No trivia.
- Appearances of Emma Frost (Earth-7535)
- Character Gallery: Emma Frost (Earth-7535)
- Quotations by Emma Frost (Earth-7535)
Discover and Discuss
- Search News for: · ·
Links and References