As a child, Edward Charles Allan Brock was raised as a Roman Catholic in suburban San Francisco. His father was cold and unloving towards him because he blamed Eddie for his wife's death during childbirth. Eddie constantly attempted to obtain his father's approval, though even after excelling in school, he only received half-hearted encouragements. Eddie often stole things from other children, just so he could "find" these items to gain their friendship.
In his teenage years he gained entrance to ESU's journalism program, fabricating an internship, and he romanced law student Ann Weying. Though exceptional in athletics, Brock switched his major in college to journalism after reading an article on the Watergate scandal. Upon graduating, he moved to New York City and sought for a staff position with newspaper the Daily Bugle. As a member of the Associated Press, he eventually got the job and pleased J. Jonah Jameson by writing against Spider-Man
The remaining of the symbiote goo fired at him by Torment was activated during his rage after being diagnosed with leukemia, turning him into Anti-Venom.
Powers and Abilities
When he was diagnosed with cancer, Brock became so enraged that the symbiote remnants in his body were set active, covering his body in a white goo and turning him into Anti-Venom, granting him special powers.
White Symbiotic Costume: The alien costume's remnants remained grafted to the nervous system of Eddie Brock, and fused with his white blood cells. This new white symbiote seems to not only be different in appearance and abilities, but even acts completely different from the original symbiote it evolved from. For instance, Eddie Brock refers to himself in first person as Anti-Venom, and is in complete control of his actions. This relationship is somewhat similar to Cletus Kasady's and the Carnage symbiote: Both symbiotes are bonded to their hosts at the cellular level and seem to compliment the user's personality (the Carnage symbiote loves to kill, and the Anti-Venom symbiote wants to destroy Venom) However the white symbiote, unlike the other members of its race, seemingly has no influence on Eddie's actions, which is a far cry from his the other symbiotic relationships.
- External Symbiote Rejection: Brock's skin is caustic to the Venom symbiote, which means the white symbiote has the ability to reject the Venom symbiote and presumably all of its children as well.
- Constituent-Matter Manipulation: Anti-Venom can manipulate his matter to enlarge or stretch his body in order to augment his attacks.
- Impurity Sense: Anti-Venom can sense foreign substances within a person's body which includes symbiotes, radiation, narcotics, viruses and diseases.
- Internal Bodily Cleansing: After sensing the impurity, Anti-Venom can forcefully "cure" the substance from the person's body. He uses this ability to almost completely destroy his cancer cells and a young girl from her heroin addiction. This power can also be used to depower some superhumans, almost ridding Spider-Man of the radiation in his blood when attempting to destroy remnants of the symbiote.
- Spider-Power Negation: After failing to cleanse Spider-Man of his symbiote remnants and radiation in his blood, whenever Anti-Venom is too close to Peter his powers are effectively canceled until Eddie becomes distant enough from him. Alternatively, when Anti-Venom ensnares Spider-Man by binding with the bits of the suit that is fired off as webbing, it also negates Spider-Man's powers until Spider-Man breaks free from it.
- Fire Immunity: In contrast to the other symbiotes, Anti-Venom is immune to fire and extreme heat.
- Sonic Immunity: Besides immunity to fire and heat, Anti-Venom also shows strong resistance against sonic-based attacks.
- Superhuman Strength
- Superhuman Durability
- Superhuman Stamina
- Superhuman Speed, Agility, and Reflexes
- Accelerated Healing Factor
- Webbing Generation
- Offspring Detection
- Genetic Memory
- ESP (Spider-Sense)
- Immunity to Spider-man's Spider Sense
- Constituent Matter Generation
- Camouflage Capabilities
- Stretching and deforming
Expert Reporter: Before his bonding with the symbiote, Eddie Brock was an incredibly skilled reporter for the Daily Bugle, and knew how to investigate. He also had many sources of information in helping with his plans.
Class 50-70 (As Anti-Venom); Eddie Brock worked his body to peak human conditioning, able to lift 700 lb before his bonding with the Symbiote. Anti-Venom possessed superhuman strength enabling him to lift about 13-70 tons in his regular size, this is not his true limit as his strength increases with his size and variable muscle mass, this would theoretically enable him to lift up to 70 tons in his regular size.
- Mental Instability: Eddie has been repeatedly shown relapsing into his unstable "lethal protector" mindset. Recently as Anti-Venom he's seemingly reverted back to this persona, killing criminals just as offhandedly as before despite the obvious option of curing them of their drug addictions and actually helping them with his powers.
Equipment: None known.
Transportation: None known.
Weapons: None known.
- No special notes.
- No trivia.
- Appearances of Edward Brock (Earth-1010)
- Character Gallery: Edward Brock (Earth-1010)
- Quotations by Edward Brock (Earth-1010)
Discover and Discuss
- Search News for: · ·
Links and References