- "When you can do the things that I can, but you don't, and then the bad things happen, they happen because of you."
- -- Dante to Tony Stark
- -- Dante to Tony Stark
Dante Darryl Daniels was born in Queens, New York in 1999 as the son of scientist and Oscorp employee Alex Daniels and his wife Kim Daniels. Dante grew up interested in science and technology and according to his mother was "taking apart the TV when he was seven and fixing our computer when he was nine. We never needed a technician." He attended Midtown high-school with Jessica Freeman and James Mercer, who he's been best friends with ever since the third grade.
Dante's life changed when he turned thirteen and was saved by Spider-Man when these thugs tried to rob him in an Alleyway. Dante tried to fight back but there were too many of them, but Spider-Man showed up and took them all down. He even gave Dante a few pointers on fighting people bigger and stronger than him. Ever since this, he became a huge Spider-Man fan and followed all of his antics.
Being bit by the Spider
One day while coming back from work, Dante's father Alex unknowingly took a spider from Oscorp home in his bag. Unbeknownst to him, Norman Osborn former head of Oscorp was working on an experiment that would give anyone bit by the spider superhuman abilities and Harry Osborn the current head of Oscorp was studying the Spider before it escaped. Alex accidentally left his bag in the car, prompting him to ask Dante to go get it for him. When Dante grabbed the bag, he was bitten by the spider and he smashed it with his hand. He thought nothing of it at first, not knowing his life would change forever.
When Dante woke up the next morning he accidentally smashed his alarm clock when it went off with his fist; this freaked him out a bit but he decided to ignore it. Then when he went to brush his teeth he accidentally broke the handle of the faucet, causing water to spill out of it. When his father comes in to see what's going on told him the faucet must've got loose and he quickly got in the shower, making sure to very carefully turn on the water.
When he went to school that day, the school bully Jack Marsh tried to pick a fight with him; but as he punched at Dante everything seemed to be in slow motion and his body reacted faster than he could think. With every attack there was a buzz in his head that told him when to move. He then retaliated and punched Jack in the chest, sending him back a good ten feet. The people watching this, including his friends were amazed by what they saw.
Dante on the other hands was terrified by this and actually runs out of the school and back home. On the way he almost gets hit by a car but the same buzz goes off in his head and he quickly front flips high over the car and lands on his feet. He runs home after this, accidentally running so fast that everything else looks like a blur to him. When he gets to his apartment building a dog's bark startles him and makes him jump onto the side of a wall, which he ends up sticking to. At this point he is incredibly freaked out and goes into his room. Luckily his parents were not home.
Meeting Spider-Man again
The next day while at home, Dante realizes that his new abilities are similar to what he sees Spider-Man do when he is saving the city, super strength, speed, wall crawling etc. He decided that he needs to confront Spider-Man and talk to him about this. When he sees Spider-Man saving the city from Rhino, he decides this is the perfect opportunity. After Rhino is apprehended, Dante gets Spider-Man's attention by telling him that his mother is missing. The two go into an alley to discuss it but Dante tells Spider-Man that he lied so he could talk to him about something else important. He introduces himself and tells Spidey that he was bitten by a spider and the next morning he had powers similar to Spider-Man, even showing him that he could crawl up walls. Spider-Man explains that the exact same thing happened to him years ago when he first became Spider-Man, and tells Dante that he should come with him.
Dante and Spidey go to his apartment and Spider-Man reveals his identity as Peter Parker. Peter tells Dante that he gained his powers when he visited Oscorp and was bitten by a radioactive spider. Dante told Peter that his father works at Oscorp and that he was bitten by a spider while getting his bag for his dad. They come to the conclusion that a similar spider to Peters must've got into the bag and that resulted in this situation. Peter than offers to take Dante on as an apprentice and train him how to control his newfound powers, Dante accepts.
For the next five months, Peter would train and help Dante with controlling his powers and fighting, confirming that so far Dante has Peter's abilities of strength, speed, durability, reflexes, and even the "Spider-Sense". When Dante asked how come he can't shoot webs too, Peter explains that web shooting isn't actually one of his powers and he created web-shooters. Peter than gives Dante an old pair of web-shooters so he can swing through the city as well; Peter gives him his old suit from when he was fifteen.
When Dante's parents started getting suspicious about what he was doing after school, Peter showed up to his house, introduced himself, and told them that Dante got an internship at Parker Industries. Dante's parents were happy and approved of this, not knowing what was really going on.
The Death of Spider-Man
One day while training, Spider-Man and Dante got reports of six of his previous villains forming an alliance and creating a group called the Sinister Six; consisting of Doctor Octopus, Electro, Scorpion, Green Goblin, Sandman, and Rhino. Dante and Peter got into an argument on whether or not Dante should be able to help him. Peter says no, saying he's not ready yet. Before Dante can protest any further, Peter swings off. Being mad, Dante swings off as well to help anyway and ends up running into Electro. Because he had on Spider-Man's old costume, Electro mistook him for the actual Spider-Man and began chasing him. Dante tried to put up a fight, but Electro outmatched him and began electrocuting him viciously and calling the other of the six to help finish the job. Peter arrives just in time after escaping from Green Goblin and webs up Electro.
Peter and Dante then argue again but when the rest of the sinister six show up, they don't have time. Peter and Dante try to fight but are overwhelmed by the might of the new team. As Electro escapes his bindings he accidentally releases too much power and knocks out the rest of the Sinister Six except for Norman Osborn/Green Goblin who superhuman durability allowed him to remain conscious. Electro and Goblin then fought against Peter and Dante. Peter is able to fight Green Goblin, but Dante is no match for Electro due to still being in training. Dante ends up being shocked to the point of unconsciousness. Once Electro was about to deal the killing blow, Peter jumped in the way and caught the full force of the blast, Green Goblin threw a car at Electro to knock him out so he could kill Peter himself.
Peter moves Dante to safety and begins fighting Goblin, but is too weak from taking so much damage to defeat him. Peter then takes a severe beating from Goblin but manages to web him up and throw a car at him, which explodes and knocks goblin down for the count. Peter lays on the ground at death's door. As Dante woke up, he saw Peter on the ground clinging to life. He crawled over to Peter and began crying and apologizing for not listening. Peter tells him not to be sorry and that he would have done the same thing. He then tells Dante that he must live for the both of them, and that Dante must be Peter's living legacy and fight crime in his absence. Peter then dies with a smile on his face, knowing he was able to save someone before dying. As cars pulled up to investigate the seen, Dante hid in a bush and watched as Aunt May and Mary Jane came to see Peter dead. Dante went home that night and vows he will never use his powers again, since if he didn't Spider-Man wouldn't be dead.
Death of the Father
For the next month, Dante sunk into a depression and wouldn't tell anyone why. Not his friends or parents, though Dante's father suspects it's due to Peter Parker's death. One day when Dante went out to go to the store, it was robbed by a few gunmen. Dante was very tempted to stop him, but decided against it as he gave up being a hero. He then hears a gunshot as he's walking outside, and sees his father lying down on the ground with a bullet in his chest. Dante picked him up and tried to bring him to a hospital, but his father died shortly before getting to the hospital. Dante blamed himself as he did for Peter's death. He then decided that he would carry on Peter's wish and become the next Spider-Man.
The New Spider-Man
For the next few days, Dante began fighting and stopping criminals and reports of Spider-Man coming back from the grave happened. He made a homemade suit similar to Spider-Man's out of a Halloween costumes and some pool goggles. When Dante decides to stop Kingpin and his goons, he was brutally beaten by Kingpin before he escaped and went home. Later on, Tony Stark shows up at Dante's house and interrogates Dante and tells him he knows that he is the fake Spider-Man. Dante explains how he got Spider powers and that he was Peter's apprentice and tells him why he's doing this. Originally unsure of what to do with him, they allow him to prove his worth as the new Spider-Man but give him a new suit, due to his being in "bad taste".
After Electro escapes from prison and Dante helps in defeating him, S.H.I.E.L.D. gives him their blessing and Dante officially becomes the new Spider-Man. He eventually gets trained by Captain America in combat.
Dante is described as laid-back and a smart alack. He's sarcastic, cool, and sometimes too smart for his own good. Dante is a nice guy at heart, who is caring and very empathetic. But he is also smart-aleck teenager, with a lightning-fast wit and a sarcastic, blunt sense of humor. Making him sassy, cocky, quick-witted and a complete smart-ass. He often jokes around to light the mood, but will also take any opportunity to taunt and mock people, and takes many of the lesser situations he faces lighthearted.
Dante's intelligence far exceeds that of any boy his age and is exceptional also for adults. He is knowledgeable about a wide variety of topics, and is endowed with prodigious intuition and analytical skills. His deductive abilities have allowed him to make accurate predictions on multiple occasions. He can also bear severe mental strain and still think clearly. To match all of these impressive intellectual capacities, Dante is also an extremely quick thinker who can adapt to completely unforeseen developments, and is extremely creative and observant. Despite this, he can also be quick to anger, and is quite childish at times. He is also very impulsive, as he tends to jump into things without thinking them through beforehand.
Dante also possesses an indomitable force of will; in situations where most others would give up and resign themselves to defeat or imprisonment, and in situations where he is severely outnumbered and outgunned, he always forges on, never loses faith in himself and never quits or submits.
At the same time, Dante has a big and kind heart and possesses a lot of righteousness. He is fully committed to helping out those in any kinds of trouble however he can, even if his actions will be met with contempt or have consequences, and cannot look away when somebody else is in trouble. He always keeps his word and is willingly puts himself at risk to help others, taking on any challenge that confronts him without hesitation, though he usually sees his heroics and fighting evil as an opportunity to have fun, making him somewhat of a thrill-seeker and enjoys any challenge that passes him.
However, in times of crisis, he focuses intensely on the task at hand as if his personality had undergone an astonishing change. Dante is extremely loyal to his friends and is willing to put his life on the line for them without any due consideration. Though he sometimes teases them or acts rude, he cares generously for all his friends and if they are in danger, Dante will put them above all else at hand. Including his own life. Dant known for having an indomitable will and a lot of stubbornness. He is incredibly strong of character, possessing a never-waving faith in himself and never gives in to his own weaknesses. Also, no matter what happens or who looks down on him, Dante always preservers, never gives up or gives in, and will do whatever it takes of him to save the day.
Despite all of his good traits, Dante is far from perfect. Dante is very short-tempered, and has a lot of trouble controlling his anger. His impulsiveness causes him to do and say things before thinking, causing him to get into a lot of trouble. As he puts it, "sometimes my brain doesn't know what my mouth is saying". He also feels responsible for everyone and anything which goes wrong. Dante is also extremely reckless and rebellious and this causes him to get into trouble and unwinnable situations that he can't get out of without help.
Powers and Abilities
Spider Physiology: Datne gained the proportionate abilities of a spider after being bitten by a spider which had been genetically-modified with the Oz forumla
- Superhuman Strength: Dante possesses superhuman strength, capable of lifting at least 10 tons. His physical strength also extends into his legs, enabling him to be able to jump to a height of several stories in a single bound. He has to pull his punches and kicks, otherwise his blows would prove fatal to a normal human. Like Peter Parker, in times of great duress, he sometimes displays far greater feats of strength.
- Superhuman Speed: Dante possesses the proportionate speed of a spider, therefore he can run and move at speeds that are beyond the physical limits of the finest human athlete.
- Superhuman Stamina: Spider-Man's advanced musculature produces less fatigue toxins during physical activity than an ordinary human. This allows him to exert himself physically for much longer periods of time before fatigue begins to impair him. At his peak, Spider-Man can physically exert himself for several hours before the build up of fatigue toxins in his blood begins to impair him.
- Superhuman Durability: Dante's body is physically tougher and more resistant to some types of injury than the body of a normal human. His body is also more resistant to impact forces than most humans. He can withstand great impacts, such as being thrown through a plate-glass window, that would severely injure or kill a normal human.
- Superhuman Agility: Dante's agility, balance, flexibility and bodily coordination are all enhanced to levels that are far beyond the natural physical limits of an Olympic-level gymnast.
- Superhuman Equilibrium: Dante possesses the ability to achieve a state of perfect equilibrium in any position imaginable. He seems able to adjust his position by instinct, which enables him to balance himself on virtually any object, no matter how small or narrow.
- Superhuman Reflexes: Dante's reflexes are similarly enhanced and are currently about 20 times greater than those of an ordinary human. In combination with his spider-sense, the speed of his reflexes allows him to dodge almost any attack.
- Wall-Crawling: Dante can cling to any surface using just his fingertips and feet. The extent to how much pressure he can stick to walls is thus far unknown, except that he can handle lifting his own weight.
- Spider-Sense: "It's just that, when whatever happened happened; it's like my senses have been dialed to eleven. There's way too much input." When danger is present, Dante feels a buzzing sensation in his head as a sort of early warning system, allowing him to react accordingly. His spider-sense offers him near complete awareness of his surroundings, and in conjunction with his reflexes, allows him to instinctively dodge or counter nearly all attacks. His spider-sense seems to be greatly enhanced compared to that of Peter Parker. .
- Bio-Electrokinesis: Dante possesses control over the natural electricity his body produces. He is capable of utilizing it for offensive purposes.
- Electric Combat: Dante can enhance his strikes by infusing them with bio-electricty
- Electric Webs: By infusing his web shooters with bio electricity, he can shoot webs that electrocute enemies.
- Electric Wave: This ability lets Dante use an area of affect
- Electric Combat: Dante can enhance his strikes by infusing them with bio-electricty
- Regenerative Healing Factor: Dante is able to regenerate his injuries at a much faster rate than normal humans can. This was first displayed when the original spider-bite that gave him powers turned from "huge and gross looking" to a dot within ten minutes.
|Power Grid |
|* Stronger when in times of great stress.|
- Indomitable Will: Dante has a strong Force of Will, and is almost incapable of doing anything evil or unjust, and will struggle against doing such things. He has struggled to balance his life as a student and his superhero duties. He is able to emerge from defeat even stronger.
- Skilled Acrobat: Dante is an excellent athlete, excelling in all gymnastic fields and being able to perform every acrobatic stunt ever performed, including others that can never be performed by even an Olympic acrobat thanks to his great strength and phenomenal equilibrium.
- Skilled Combatant: Using a mixture of his superhuman strength, speed, agility, reflexes, speed, equilibrium, Spider-sense, and web-shooters, Dante is able to utilize an devastating acrobatic fighting style that makes him a formidable opponent and allows him to easily take down thugs, cops and even the more physically powerful beings just by combining his superhuman capabilities with his scientifically adept and creative mind.
Although he has not reach to adulthood yet, Dante is currently capable of lifting approximately 10 tons.
Mortality, overly protective, and can't help to crack witty jokes to annoy his enemies.
- Electric Web
- Impact Web: An upgrade to his webshooters that lets him shoot out balls of webbing that hit very hard.
- Web Bombs: A bomb that bursts out web fluid
- Trip Wires: A device that lets out a wire that catches an enemy with webs when they walk through it.
- Webshooters: Spider-Man uses his web shooters to travel by swinging on web-lines. Combined with his spider abilities, he can move at amazing speeds throughout the urban chasms of Manhattan.
Weapons: None known.
- No special notes.
- ↑ Power Grid
- No trivia.
- Appearances of Dante Daniels (Earth-389)
- Character Gallery: Dante Daniels (Earth-389)
- Quotations by Dante Daniels (Earth-389)
Discover and Discuss
- Search News for: · ·
Links and References