- You can't walk away from this. With great power comes.... a ton of weird crap you are not prepared to deal with.
- The secret is out. For decades, your organization stayed in the shadows, hiding the truth, but now we know-they're among us. Heroes... and monsters. The world is full of wonders... We can't explain everything we see. But our eyes are open. So what now? There are no more shadows for you to hide in. Something impossible just happened. What are you going to do about it?
- She's a groupie, all the hacking into S.H.I.E.L.D., tracking powers. She might as well be one of those sweaty Cosplay characters crowding around Stark tower.
- There are two ways we can do this."
"Oh, is one of them the easy way?"
- Don't touch Lola.
- We're her family.
- What is your first name?"
"And what is your last name?"
"Only name. No family. No family name to inherit."
"You gave yourself the name 'Skye'?"
"Well, the name they gave me at the orphanage was 'Mary Sue Poots'. So...
- Because inside, I believe she and I have something in common.
- You know, I never gave you enough credit for this whole zen-warrior thing. But I got to admit, it'd be nice to feel nothing right now."
"You think I don't feel anything?"
"Look at you. You're a statue. And you and Ward had a thing. So if anyone should be furious..."
"I'm furious. But I'm sure as hell not gonna waste it on a tantrum. I'm gonna mine it, save it... and when we find Ward, I'm gonna use every bit of it to take him down."
"Wish I knew how to use that hate-fu."
"I'm up most mornings at five.
- She just said more words than I've heard her say in a year.
- Wait, what was that?"
"Yeah. That's May."
"Well, is she ok? Is everything ok?"
"She's fine. She's laughing. I think the worst of it's over now.
- Stop it! Stop it or I'll shoot! Dad!"
"He took something from me."
"No. He saved you from killing more people. Now, get up and get away from him."
"You have to finish what we started."
"No, I don't. I'm not going down there. I'm not gonna change or transform or whatever the hell you think is gonna to happen."
"Why can't you see it's a good thing?"
"Maybe it's all the dead bodies laying around or the fact that HYDRA wants it. I'm gonna make sure the Obelisk never gets down into that city. And you're going to leave. This is your once chance to walk away. Or I will kill you."
"Okay. I'll go. But I'll be waiting for you. After you chance, no one else will understand. They'll be afraid. Change is terrifying. But I'm your father, and I love you. I will always love you, Daisy.
- Your whole life... our whole lives have been leading up to his moment."
"Sorry. I don't buy into the whole "this is your destiny" thing. We're taking the Obelisk, and we're leaving. There's too many lives at stake."
"You got it all wrong. Whitehall, everyone has got it all wrong. This doesn't destroy. It gives life - new life. We finally get to find out what we become. (the Obelisk floats onto a pedestal)"
"Make it stop."
"I can't. Neither of us can now.
- There is something very wrong with me...
- I shouldn't have to ask any of you to save one of our own."
"You never ask! You just give your orders, no matter cracked up they are!"
"Mack, you'd do well to remember your rank right now."
"Really? Rank at a time like this? Why don't you shove your rank up your..."
"Not helping, Hunter."
"No, it's cathartic. Do you have any thoughts of your own on it, or do you just parrot his?"
"Coulson's trying to stop HYDRA."
"We didn't stop anything! We unleashed something on the planet!"
"No one knows what happened yet."
"It could have been a lot worse."
"And Skye barely made it out alive!"
"Thanks to Trip. He sacrificed his life, Mack!"
"No! He traded his life for hers! And then he was shattered into a thousand pieces!"
"That's enough! If Trip was here, he wouldn't be arguing, he wouldn't be bitching. He would be gearing up to do what needs to be done. Yes, we're dealing with forces we don't understand, but HYDRA I do understand. I want everyone ready when the sun comes up. End of discussion.
- Skye is my friend. She's different."
"Oh, yeah. Like I was your friend, and then I changed. How did you handle that?"
"Uh, t-the point is, secrets don't help any of us. Skye should have just come clean."
"What, and risked being locked up, studied, or who know what else? No, I wouldn't let her."
"Oh, you wouldn't let her."
"We could have handled her in a way that could have kept everybody safe."
"It wasn't fair to us, Fitz. We had a right to know."
"A right to know. What... is that the same way that Sif and the Kree had the right to know?"
"I think the situation is a bit different, mate."
"No, you would have done to her exactly what they wanted to."
"You don't know that!"
"Yes, I do know that! They would--you would--you'd "handle her"! Mack just said! Like, uh... like Skye's something to be locked up in a cage somewhere. We should be protecting her."
"No, Fitz. We're the ones that need the protection from her.
- My entire life I've been searching for my parents, and my search ended with answers that are so much worse than I could have imagined.
- I'm not here to discuss my ex."
"Did you guys have actual conversations? You know, like pillow talk? Or was it just pillow stern looks?
- Can you warm up food with your powers? Because that would be awesome."
"I have never tried; but I did warm up a small pool once."
"Any five-year-old can warm up a pool.
- I dream of Skye and her father at dinner. A bouquet of daisies. And she's so happy.
- Something bad happens every time I feel settled somewhere. I'm twenty five and I have never spent more than two years anywhere. The second I made friends at the orphanage; gone. And God forbid I called a foster family home; pack your bags. I got the news on my birthday once, which is a complete farce because I don't even know when I was born."
"I'm so sorry."
"S.H.I.E.L.D. was the closest I ever came to having a family. I belonged there, saw what I could be. Even that ended with agents hunting me through the woods."
"We're not going to turn on you, or abandon you. This is a safe place."
"See, you say that but I know you're not being straight with me. Why do you care if I stay or go? And why are you..."
"July second. You were born on July second.
- You know it's really impressive for Jiaying to take anyone under her wing."
"I like her. I just... I can't... What's her role here?"
"Her role is, in charge. So really she must like you."
"If she's in charge, how often does she train people?"
"Since I've been here... let me see... never.
- I know I'm going away for good, but I was hoping you might come visit, once in a while."
"I will, I promise."
"That would be..."
"Let me guess, the best day ever? You have a lot of those."
"No, just one. July 2nd, 1988."
- You're doing good."
"I'm not great at projecting authority. It's nice to talk Spanish, though. Reminds me of home."
"Do you miss it?"
"Especially Sundays. Mom cooks on Sundays.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.