Connor Helgen was an ordinary young man with a bright future ahead of him, and a world of possibilities to explore. During a work placement at Stark Industries in New York, Connor became involved in one of Spider-Man's clashes with the crazed super villain named Carnage. As luck, or possibly fate, would have it, Carnage's red alien costume was on the verge of reproducing for the second time, the first when it produced the Green Toxin costume. This time, the resulting offspring was a white costume that initially tried to bond with the nearby Spider-Man, but the Wall Crawler was able to escape it in time. Connor, on the other hand, was unable to. The white costume bonded with Connor. Though Peter Parker was initially skeptical about the new symbiote's morality, Connor proved able to temper the suit's impulses. After assisting Parker in subduing Carnage, Peter confronted Connor and offered to separate Connor from the Symbiote. Connor declined, believing that he and the White Symbiote could be used for good, and Parker allowed Connor to keep the costume, dubbing him Anti-Venom due to the costume's color scheme being the opposite of Venom's.
Following his work placement, Connor returned to his home country of Australia. Utilizing the powers gained from the alien costume, Connor quickly began a vigilante career modeled after the stories he'd heard about Spider-Man. Similar to Peter before him, Connor would quickly garner a negative image from the press, partly due to his status as a vigilante and the noted similarities between Anti-Venom and other symbiote-clad figures. In wouldn't be long before Connor would come into conflict with Joseph Stevens, who had reverse-engineered the repulsor technology used in the various Iron Man suits to power a Turbine-based flight pack. Anti-Venom would do battle with Stevens, who in turn called himself Blackhawk, on several occasions before Connor managed to disable Steven's Arc Reactors and handed him over to the authorities.
After this, Connor would come to question whether or not he should become Anti-Venom "Full Time" by faking his own death as Connor, but he would be talked out of this by Ms. Marvel, who had come to recruit Anti-Venom as probationary member of the Secret Avengers.
The Secret Avengers attempted to prevent Thanos from claiming the Reality Stone. However the arrival of Ultron and his drones caught the team by surprise, leaving most of them critically injured. Connor was part of the half of the universe that was erased by Thanos, the Anti-Venom symbiote dying separate from him as a result.
During the Infinity Crash, the mass reforging of the Infinity Stones following the Cataclysm, Connor was left without a purpose following his restoration. Connor was present when the Space Stone reforged itself, warping his DNA in a fashion not unlike an Inhuman. In order to contain and channel his newly acquired powers, Tony Stark provided a recovered Venom-Tech Suit. Connor would later accept Carol Danvers proposal to join her newly formed Marvel Squadron alongside Gamora, Silver Shadow and Bucky Barnes.
Powers and Abilities
Being modeled off of the Symbiotes, the Blacksteyl Venom-Tech Suit is able to mimic any type of clothing as well as blend into its surroundings. The suit also enhances Connor's enhanced strength to even greater levels. Being present at the Space Stones reforging also warped Connor's cells, granting him additional abilities.
- C-Particle Generation/Manipulation: Connor is capable of creating and manipulating a specialized Solar Particle dubbed by Tony Stark a "C-Particle", named after Connor as his abilities led to their discovery in nature. Connor is capable of generating vast quantities of these particles and shaping them in weapons, beams or (with the aid of his suit) even flying.
- Superhuman Strength: Connors strength, able to lift 100 tons without the suit, is enhanced even further, able to lift roughly 200 tons at his base build.
- Superhuman Stamina: Connor is able to operate at full ability for protracted periods of time without rest of sustenance, roughly 36 hours.
- Superhuman Durability: Connor's warped physiology makes him more difficult to injure than most humans. He is capable of withstanding most Earth-based Small Arms fire, heavy impact force, extreme pressures and temperatures and even the vacuum of space.
- Flight: By shifting the shape of his suit in conjunction of the usage of C-Particles, Connor is capable of Atmospheric flight in environments up to the gravity of Jupiter.
The Anti-Venom Symbiote can mimic any type of clothing whatsoever, as well as blending into its surroundings, rendering Anti-Venom invisible to the eye. The Symbiote can also augment its hosts strength to Super-Human levels.
- Superhuman Strength: While Connor's strength is unknown, while bonded to the Symbiote, Connor was able to lift up to 70 tons. However, this is not Anti-Venom's true strength, as the Symbiote is able to alter its muscle-mass to increase Anti-Venom's strength.
- Superhuman Durability: Anti-Venom's body is extremely resilient to physical trauma, such as the impact of High-caliber bullets or blows from super powered individuals. Additionally, The Anti-Venom symbiote has greater resistance to traditional Symbiote weakness such as Sonics and Fire.
- Superhuman Stamina: Anti-Venom is capable of surviving in harmful areas for protracted periods of time, such as underwater or within toxic gases, the symbiote being able to filter fresh air to the host.
- Accelerated Healing Factor: The symbiote is capable of repairing the body of its host at a highly accelerated rate as well as curing, or at least suppressing, diseases current Medical Science cannot, such as Cancer.
- Genetic Memory: Like other symbiotes, the Anti-Venom costume is capable of absorbing information through physical contact. However, this information can also be lost through extreme physical trauma.
- Symbiote Detection: Like others of its kind, the Anti-Venom symbiote is capable of detecting other nearby Symbiotes, though this ability can be blocked with effort.
- Wall-Crawling: The Symbiote is capable of mimicking Spider-Man's signature ability to cling to walls.
- Webbing Generation: The Anti-Venom Symbiote is able to shoot strands of alien matter in mimicry of Spider-Mans web shooters. This "Webbing" is made of the Symbiote and is quickly regenerated after being shed. Additionally, Connor can also generate tendrils from the Symbiote to grab or throw his opponents.
- ESP (Spider-Sense): Due to the Venom symbiote's time bonded to Peter Parker, Venom and all of its offspring and descendants have inherited his Spider-Sense. The response is not as complex as Spider-Man's, however, as the symbiote is capable detecting danger from every angle/direction and directly informing Connor of the threat.
- Immunity to Spider-Sense: Due to Peter Parker's time bonded with the Venom Symbiote, Venom and all of its descendants have an immunity to Spider-Man's Spider Sense.
- External Symbiote Rejection: The Anti-Venom's symbiote's bond with its hosts causes the hosts skin to become caustic to other symbiotes in the event they attempt to bond with Anti-Venom's host.
- Impurity Sense: Anti-Venom is capable of detecting foreign substances within the Human body, such as other symbiotes, Drugs, Narcotics and Diseases.
- Internal Bodily Cleansing: After detecting an impurity, Anti-Venom can then uses special Anti-bodies created by the suit to purge said impurity from the person's body. This ability can be uses to cure addictions, depower some Super Humans as well as harm other symbiotes, such as when Connor was able to force the Carnage symbiote off of Cletus Kasady when the two cross paths a second time.
Connor is capable of lifting roughly 120 tons at his base size, but is capable of altering his muscle mass to increase his strength.
Equipment: None known.
Transportation: None known.
Weapons: Through the usage of C-Particles, Connor is capable of employing a variety of "Beam" weapons.
- Unlike its Earth-616 counterpart, the Earth-1711 Anti-Venom symbiote is the "brother" of the Toxin symbiote, and thus possesses sentience.
- The "mouth" seen on Venom and other symbiotes is not usually seen on this version of Anti-Venom, only appearing when Connor is under great emotional stress or wishes to be intimidating.
- No trivia.
- Appearances of Connor Helgen (Earth-1711)
- Character Gallery: Connor Helgen (Earth-1711)
- Quotations by Connor Helgen (Earth-1711)
Discover and Discuss
- Search News for: · ·
Links and References