Clint Barton was in training to become an Olympic archer, and had earned the nickname "Hawkeye". He always had a complicated relationship with his little brother, Barney, who was a deadbeat alcoholic living on Clint's couch. However, things changed when one day Clint had dragged Barney to the beach with him so that he could enjoy a nice day while Clint trained in the fresh air. However, things got interested when a small boat of AIM agents arrived on the shore, having obtained a large mutated shark for study. Their ship was damaged and many of them injured. Clint ran forward to see if they were okay, but it was too late. The Sub-Mariner was hot on their tail, and he caused a large wave to crash against the shore to avenge the dead shark, drowning everyone present. Everyone except Clint. When the water subsided, Clint found his brother's body, and swore revenge as the Sub-Mariner swam back out to sea without a second thought.
Clint would eventually be found by a man named Nick Fury, who had heard about what happened. Wishing to exploit Clint's incredible abilities and his hatred for superheroes, Clint became the first recruit into "The Avengers", a team dedicated to taking down Potts International and their so-called heroes. Clint would later fall in love with his teammate, Natasha Romanoff, who was an ex-soviet spy with a grudge against the Black Panther.
Powers and Abilities
No Special Powers
- Acute Accuracy
Average Human Strength
- No special notes.
- Clint and Barney's mother died of cancer when they were children, and after they grew up, they became estranged from their alcoholic, abusive father. The similarities between Barney and their father was the driving force behind Clint wishing to help Barney become a better person, but following his death, Clint felt he had no true family left.
- While his main grudge is with the Sub-Mariner, Clint has since developed disdain for Black Panther, as well as Thunderstrike and Spider-Monkey.
- Appearances of Clint Barton (Earth-1515)
- Character Gallery: Clint Barton (Earth-1515)
- Quotations by Clint Barton (Earth-1515)
Discover and Discuss
- Search News for: · ·
Links and References
[[Category: In a relationship with Natasha Romanoff Characters]]