Cletus Kasady had a troubled childhood. He killed his grandmother by pushing her down a flight of stairs, and tortured his mother's dog. Afterward, his father apparently killed his mother, and received no defense from Kasady during his trial. As an orphan, Kasady was sent to the St. Estes Home for Boys, where his antisocial behavior made him the target of abuse from both the other orphans and the staff. Kasady gained revenge by murdering the disciplinarian administration, pushing Manny Calderon, a girl who refused a date with him, in front of a bus and burning down the orphanage.
Unknown to Kasady, however, Manny survived the massacre and would latter join the Army.
Homicidal maniac Cletus Kasady was serving eleven consecutive prison terms when an opportunity for early parole presented itself in the form of his new cell mate: MacDonald Gargan, human host to a symbiotic costume once worn by Peter Parker. Monster and man had merged to become the villainous Venom, but Gargan was separated from the alien during a battle with the Anti-Venom. While Brock waited for the symbiote to spring him from prison, Kasady entertained him with his homicidal philosophy on life: Even the average person can commit murder, if only he has the courage.
As anticipated, the Venom symbiote attempted to free Brock by inciting a destructive jailbreak, in which Kasady got covered in black goo, bonding with an offspring of the Venom symbiote: Carnage.
Powers and Abilities
The symbiote of which Cletus Kasady is host provides him with numerous spider-like powers. Even without the symbiote, Cletus is still considered very dangerous, as his Antisocial Personality Disorder and obsession with chaos make him impossible to reason with and he has no trouble with killing with no motive.
Red Symbiotic Costume: Kasady possesses various superhuman attributes as a result of bonding with the Carnage symbiote, which covers his body in red and black biomass. Most of his powers are similar to those possessed by Spider-Man and Venom, although he possesses several unique abilities. For example he can see out of every bit of his symbiote.
- Superhuman Strength: Carnage is superhumanly strong. He has shown himself to be stronger than Spider-Man and Venom combined and can lift about 80 tons; this is not his true limit as his strength increases with his size and variable muscle mass. Kasady himself, however has the strength of a regular human being.
- Superhuman Speed: Carnage can run and move at speeds superior to those of any normal human being.
- Superhuman Stamina: Kasady's musculature generates considerably less fatigue toxins during physical activity than the musculature of an ordinary human. He can physically exert himself at peak capacity for about 24 hours before the build up of fatigue toxins in his bloodstream begins to impair his function.
- Superhuman Agility: Kasady's agility, balance, and bodily coordination are enhanced to levels that are beyond the natural physical limits of even the finest human athlete.
- Superhuman Reflexes: Kasady's reflexes are similarly enhanced and are superior to those of the finest human athlete, and even superior to those of Spider-Man.
- Superhuman Durability: The tissue the symbiote is composed of renders Kasady's body much harder and more resistant to physical injury than the body of an ordinary human. Kasady can withstand high caliber bullets, great impact forces, powerful energy blasts, and falls from great heights without sustaining significant physical injury.
- Regenerative Healing Factor: Despite this, however, it is possible to injure him. Kasady is able to rapidly regenerate damaged bodily tissues much faster and more extensively than an ordinary human. It isn't known, however, if he can fully regenerate severed limbs or missing internal organs, although he appears to have regrown the lower half of his body.
- Wall Crawling: Much like Spider-Man, Kasady has the ability to cling to virtually any surface. He can rapidly crawl, walk, or run across even slick surfaces.
- Webbing: Kasady can project a powerful, organic web-like substance similar to the webbing Spider-Man has. He typically uses this webbing to swing from building to building or as a means of immobilizing someone. The webbing is exceptionally strong, much more so for even the finest human athlete to break.
- Camouflage Capabilities: The symbiote possesses limited shape-shifting abilities in the sense that it can immediately change itself to appear as any type of clothing or garment that Kasady wishes.
- Constituent Matter Generation: Kasady can generate tentacle-like appendages from various parts of his body, which he often uses either in combat situations or to restrain someone.
- Constituent-Matter Manipulation: Kasady can morph sections of his body, such as his hands or feet, into bladed weaponry such as spikes, blades, or axes. Kasady can also detach these bladed weaponry if he chooses to. For example, he often forms spikes that he expels from his body. The weaponry, however, disintegrates after being separated from his body after a period of about 30 seconds.
- Immunity to Spider-Man's Spider-Sense: Due to the Carnage symbiote being a child of the Venom symbiote, Carnage can't be detected by Spider-Man's Spider-Sense.
Though he has had no formal training, the natural abilities granted to Kasady by the symbiote makes him a formidable combatant.
Carnage's strength is greater than Venom and Spider-Man combined. Carnage is able to press lift up to 80 tons, this is not his true limit as his strength increases with his size and variable muscle mass.
Sonic and Heat: The Carnage symbiote, like all others of its kind, is extremely vulnerable to heat and sonic based attacks. They can cause the symbiote physical pain and discomfort, where as "more powerful" attacks might be completely ineffective.
Insanity: Even without the symbiote, Cletus is a diagnosed psychopath, and is obsessed with chaos.
- Carnage Symbiote.
- Carnage has fangs and claws courtesy of the symbiote, and can shape his limbs into various weapons.
- No special notes.
- Kasady had a teddy bear named Binky in his orphanage. He went back for Binky after he escaped Riker's.
- Cletus' favorite song is "Free Bird" by Lynyrd Skynyrd.
- Cletus is fan of the thrash metal group Anthrax.
- Appearances of Cletus Kasady (Earth-1010)
- Character Gallery: Cletus Kasady (Earth-1010)
- Quotations by Cletus Kasady (Earth-1010)
Discover and Discuss
- Search News for: · ·
Links and References