- Look, I do my job, and I do it well. Probably better than any of you, so why don't we all just listen to the professional and we'll be home in no time.
- -- Hawkeye
- -- Hawkeye
Clay Barton became an agent of S.H.I.E.L.D. right out of High School. He quickly worked his way up and became a special agent code named Hawkeye. It wouldn't be long before he married his partner, Mockingbird. But things took a turn when Clay was forced to kill his brother, Barney after he took his girlfriend hostage. This sent Clay into a deep depression, so he turned to alcohol. His increasingly erratic behavior drove Mockingbird to leave him, only making him even more bitter.
Hawkeye would be recruited into the Outsiders under the promise that one day his drunkenness on a mission would result in the deaths of several civilians. He didn't believe this for a second, but played along and attempted to assume command of the Outsiders. His attitude instantly made the others dislike him, so much so to the point that they complained to The Outsider to the point that he gave in and sent Hawkeye home, instead recruiting Ant-Man in his place.
Powers and Abilities
- Hand to Hand Combat
- Night Vision Goggles
Transportation: The Tallus
- No special notes.
- At the time of being recruited into the Outsiders, Hawkeye was 35-years-old.
- Hawkeye was recruited as a replacement for Havok, who had served his purpose to the Outsider.
- He is the only Outsider to be replaced by another version of himself.
- Appearances of Clayton Barton (Earth-8007)
- Character Gallery: Clayton Barton (Earth-8007)
- Quotations by Clayton Barton (Earth-8007)
Discover and Discuss
- Search News for: · ·
Links and References