- You're a mutant, Emma, but that doesn't make you a freak. It makes you special.
- -- Professor X to Emma Frost
- -- Professor X to Emma Frost
Not much is known about the early years of Charles Xavier. He built the Xavier Institute for Gifted Youngsters to train mutant misfits like he was.
Charles participated in the Genoshan War, where his twin sister, Cassandra Nova, helped Apocalypse reign over Genosha. Emma Frost was one of the victims of the war, and Charles saw her potential as a mutant. He later adopted her.
After having success with his Xavier's School for Gifted Youngsters, Xavier would form the X-Men recruiting multiple mutants to his group, he even set up a special group of humans, the best one out of all of them would become the first human member of the X-Men. Xavier would then team up with Avengers and a few other heroes teams in the Great War.
Powers and Abilities
Professor Charles Xavier was an Alpha-Level Mutant, an Omega Class Telepath, was said to possess the most powerful brain in existence, to be the world's greatest telepath and possesses vast psionic powers:
Telepathy: Able to read minds and project his own thoughts into the minds of others within a radius of 250 miles (on Earth). With extreme effort he can greatly extend that radius. When synched with Cerebro, he can connect to every mind on a planet.
- Telepathic Illusion: ability to create realistic telepathic illusions and cause people to experience events which are not actually occurring.
- Telepathic Cloak: can mask his presence from being detected by others. His abilities can at times go undetected or be counteracted by other more powerful telepaths depending on their level of skill in using their own psi abilities. He can extend these defenses to others around him as well.
- Psi Link: ability to develop a mental link with any person which remains as a connection to that individual.
- Telepathic Camouflage: ability to mask himself, and other peoples' presence from those around him. Can telepathically disguise himself, making his appearance to those around him quite different (changing the appearance of clothing, as well as more involved disguising).
- Mind Blast: ability to place large amounts of information in another's mind.
- Mind Control: ability to control the minds of others upon mere concentration. This power can allow him to completely shut down several people's minds, making it appear as if time has stopped.
- Mind Possession: ability to possess the mind of another, and use that being's body as his own.
- Mind Alteration: ability to alter the minds of others by force of will.
- Mental Amnesia: ability to cause loss of particular memories and amnesia in another person or group of people.
- Psionic Shield: ability to erect a psychic shield for protection of himself and of other minds.
- Psionic Blasts: can project psionic force bolts which have no physical effects but which can affect a victim's mind so as to cause the victim pain or unconsciousness and can even kill an adversary.
- Astral Projection: ability to Astral Travel and communicate with others astrally through his own will, or through contact with the thoughts and memories of others. In the astral realm, he can use his powers to create "ectoplasmic" objects. He cannot engage in long range astral projection on the earthly plane.
- Mental Detection: can sense the presence of another superhuman mutant within a small but as yet undefined radius of himself by perceiving the distinctive mental radiations emitted by such a being.
- Mind Transferal: able to transfer both his mind and powers into other host bodies if his own physical body could be somehow killed.
- Absorb Information: ability to quickly process and store information, by mental transference.
Telekinesis: Possesses telekinetic abilities enabling him to manipulate matter on a low level with the energy of his thoughts.
Genius-level Intellect: A natural genius, Xavier is a leading authority on genetics, mutation, and psionics. He possesses considerable expertise in other life sciences. He is highly talented in devising equipment for utilizing and enhancing psionic powers. Xavier is also quite the masterful tactician and strategist, effectively evaluating situations and devising swift responses; he has, on numerous occasions, even fashioned long-term operations as complex as those of adversaries such as Sinister, Magneto, and Apocalypse.
Knowledge of the body: As an extension of his studies of pressure points, Xavier's knowledge of the body and its energies/chakras has gained him the unofficial degree of a seasoned Zen master, allotting him the ability to keep in the prime of his physique. In spite of his age, he has maintained an impressive Olympic chassis long since before he founded the X-Men, and has kept himself in perfect condition ever since.
Strength of a normal man his age and size who engages in moderate regular exercise, mostly in his upper body.
Paraplegic: Professor X has been normally unable to walk due to spinal damage, suffered when one of the bullets Magneto bounced off using his magnetic powers hit his spine, crippling him.
Equipment: Wheelchair, Cerebro
Weapons: None known.
- No special notes.
- No trivia.
- Appearances of Charles Xavier (Earth-1210)
- Character Gallery: Charles Xavier (Earth-1210)
- Quotations by Charles Xavier (Earth-1210)
Discover and Discuss
- Search News for: · ·
Links and References