Cassie is Scott Lang's daughter, at some point she got sick from a rare disease, leading his father to use his engineer abilities to steal Hank Pym's Ant-Man Suit and Pym Particles to earn money from A.I.M.. After explaining why he had done it to Pym and the Heroes for Hire, her father earned the money and took up the Ant-Man mantle.
Cassie spent much of her time living with her father, who she loved and admired. Unbeknownst to anyone, Cassie used this time to secretly expose herself to Pym Particles, in hopes that she could be a superhero like her father.
One night Cassie learned about the Young Avengers. Intent on joining them, Cassie sought out Kate Bishop, the young woman rescued by the Young Avengers. Together the pair went to the Avengers Mansion and found the three teen boys called Patriot, Hulkling and Wiccan. An argument soon erupted about Young Avengers membership, and Cassie began to grow at an alarming rate to everyone's surprise, including Cassie's. Captain America and Iron Man arrived to quell the argument and help Cassie.
While alone in the Avengers Mansion, Cassie confided to Tony that she had been secretly taking Pym Particles for years. Cassie and Kate remained on as permanent members, even though not originally being in Vision's Young Avengers Program.
Powers and Abilities
Stature was born as a normal human without any superpowers, but through intentional, repeated exposure to Pym Particles, she gained the following abilities:
- Size Reduction: Stature possessed the power to reduce herself to the size of an ant, approximately one-half inch in height.
- Size Addition: Stature possessed the power to increase size to gigantic heights, requiring the rapid acquisition of body mass (presumably from an extradimensional source). This extra mass fortifies all of her cellular tissue, including her bones and muscles, enabling her to support her increased weight and giving her superhuman strength and durability.
The exact limits of Stature's abilities were not initially determined, but it was later established that she can grow to around 250 feet (76 m) in height (even though she is not able to keep such a size for long before the strain forces her to shrink back down). It appeared to be linked to her emotional state, as her anger has caused her to increase on a few several occasions, and guilt caused her to shrink.
- Hand-to-Hand Combat: She has above-average combat skills from taking self-defense classes, because of how many times she was kidnapped as a child.
- Initiative Training: She has received militaristic strategies and training.
- Somewhere between 25 tons and 75 tons.
- When Cassie grows bigger, her Achilles tendons and nerve clusters grow in proportion, creating large, easy-to-hit targets.
- Stature's costume is made of unstable molecules, allowing it to grow and shrink along with her. It appears to be based largely on her father's uniform. Rather than the insect-controlling helmet of her father and his predecessor, Cassie wears a domino mask.
Transportation: None known.
Weapons: None known.
- Stature's sprite was made by User:Sunder4321.
- Her birthday is in June.
- Appearances of Cassandra Lang (Earth-1010)
- Character Gallery: Cassandra Lang (Earth-1010)
- Quotations by Cassandra Lang (Earth-1010)
Discover and Discuss
- Search News for: · ·
Links and References