- It was once my responsibility to shepherd the dead Asgardian souls to Valhalla. Being the last survivor of my people... I now take solace in knowing when I die... no one will be there to deliver me.
- -- Valkyrie
- -- Valkyrie
Brunnhilde was one of the most skilled fighters in all of Asgard, which is what helped her rise up to become the head of the Valkyrior. She, and her forces, were called upon by their Prince, Thor, to assist in the assault on Apocalypse.
Brunnhilde was the only one to survive the battle. Horrified by the loss of her people, she donned the title of Valkyrie to deliver each and every one of them to Valhalla before discovering the Bifrost had been cut off from Midgard. She had no way to return home. As long as she was stuck on Earth, she would dedicate each and every breath to killing the tyrant Apocalypse. This is what led to her joining the Avengers to further her mission.
She would eventually form a close relationship with her fellow Avenger, Hercules, who shared the pain of losing Asgard and Olympus.
Powers and Abilities
- Super Strength
- Hand to Hand Combat
- Pegasus Riding
Equipment: None known.
- Capable of Flight
- No special notes.
- Brunnhilde has had relationships with several of her fellow Valkyries, as well as both princes Thor and Loki.
- She is one of the several Avengers to achieve Worthiness of Mjolnir, but was one of the only few to accept when it chose a new master in Rogue.
- She doesn't view her relationship with Hercules as anything more than physical, but they are always there for each other when it comes to matters of the heart.
- Appearances of Brunnhilde (Earth-9999)
- Character Gallery: Brunnhilde (Earth-9999)
- Quotations by Brunnhilde (Earth-9999)
Discover and Discuss
- Search News for: · ·
Links and References
[[Category: In a Relationship with Hercules Characters]]