Blade is a Marvelette Cinematic Universe Phase Five film. It was released on October 28th, 2022, following Captain Marvel: Galactic Storm and preceding Ant-Man and the Wasp and the Ant-Man. The film is directed by Jordan Peele.
- Mahershala Ali as Eric Brooks / Blade
- Jared Leto as Michael Morbius (First Appearance)
- Viola Davis as Tara Brooks (First Appearance) (Death)
- Morgan Freeman as Jamal Afari (First Appearance) (Death)
- Hugh Grant as Vlad Dracula (First Appearance)
- Eric Roberts as Cyrus Cutter (First Appearance) (Death)
- Emma Stone as Rachel van Helsing (First Appearance)
- Tim Curry as Mephistopheles
- Malcolm McDowell as Deacon Frost (First Appearance) (Death)
- Emmy Rossum as Lilith Drake (First Appearance)
- Ellen Page as Dakota North (First Appearance)
- David Thewlis as John Falsworth (First Appearance)
- Domhnall Gleeson as Kenneth Crichton (First Appearance) (Death)
- Jordan Peele: Writer, Director
- Mahershala Ali: Writer, Producer
- Kid Marvelette: Executive Producer
- Kevin Feige: Executive Producer
- Trinh Tran: Producer
- Victoria Alonso: Producer
- Thom Yorke: Composer
Following the death of his mother, Eric Brooks becomes the Vampire Hunter known as Blade, and finds himself teaming up with the proto-vampire Morbius, as well as a woman named Rachel van Helsing, who has been hunting vampires her entire life. However, their crusade will eventually lead them to uncovering the truth surrounding the legend of Dracula...
- Blade is the first film in the MCU to be Rated R.
- Mahershala Ali has previously appeared in the MCU as Cottonmouth in Luke Cage. However, he approached Kevin Feige about playing Blade.
- Blade is the second solon hero to previously have his own franchise before being adapted into the MCU, the first being Spider-Man.
- Emma Stone, who portrays Rachel van Helsing, previously played Gwen Stacy in the short-lived Amazing Spider-Man series.
- Ellen Page, who portrays Dakota North, previously played Kitty Pryde in Fox's X-Men series. Pryde would eventually be introduced into the MCU played by Jodelle Ferland.
- Jared Leto appears as Morbius after previously playing him in Sony's solo Morbius film, however the two characters are not the same version. After Morbius was a critical failure, Marvel struck another deal with Sony to gain the rights to use him in the Blade franchise, and Jared Leto agreed to reprise the role.