Origins and early years: 12th century
Born in the 12th century, Bennet du Paris had always felt different, as if he had a deep hidden power. As an adult he was a Crusader and became best friends with Eobar Garrington, the Black Knight of that era. The two had set out on a quest to find the Tower of Power, the domain of the mythic "Eternal Pharaoh" in Akkaba when Dane Whitman (the 20th century Black Knight) and Sersi had been transported back to the 12th century, Whitman transported into Eobar's body.
Eobar retained control, but felt something was wrong. When he came into contact with Sersi he abandoned the quest, angering Paris. Paris left to find the tower alone. Traveling for hours through violent sandstorms, when he finally collapsed a voice spoke to him, asking him if he was willing to risk everything to become one of the strong. Paris was then tested, and his mutant powers manifested for the first time.
Proving himself strong, he disappeared from the spot. Meanwhile Sersi had awakened Dane's mind and he now had control of his body as Eobar passed on. While searching for Paris, the two were captured by Apocalypse. When they awoke they found Bennet du Paris had been transformed into Exodus, recognizing him as the same Exodus from the 20th century. Apocalypse commanded Exodus to destroy the Black Knight.
When Dane refused to kill Exodus Sersi intervened, though her attack proved useless. Apocalypse again commanded Exodus to kill Sersi and Dane, though this time Exodus refused. He turned on Apocalypse calling him a "false god".
However, Exodus was no match for him. Apocalypse stripped Exodus of his power and sealed him away in a crypt in the Swiss Alps. Six months later Dane found the crypt in which Exodus was trapped in a coma like state. He found there was a curse preventing Exodus from leaving, yet others were allowed to come and go as they pleased. Dane left guards who had sworn to look after the crypt for generations to come, and he and Sersi returned to their time.
Powers and Abilities
Exodus is one of the most powerful mutants. He possesses vast superhuman powers, including telepathy, telekinesis, teleportation, and durability. His high power levels are inexplicably linked to tampering by Apocalypse.
Confidence Empowerment: Exodus's mutant abilities are enhanced when others around him, or he himself, have faith in him and his abilities.
Telekinesis: Exodus has vast telekinetic powers. He is able to telekinetically lift at least 100 tons of weight. His ability to manipulate and control objects and himself include:
- Intuitive Aptitude: He can disassemble complex devices explosively (separating every last component, such as screws, nuts, circuit boards, etc.) and, just as quickly, easily assemble complex devices.
- Force Field: Exodus is able to create protective force shields that could deflect even the most powerful of attacks, makes him nearly invulnerable, as well as crush objects within them.
- Concussive Blasts: He can project telekinetic energies as powerful blast beams directed from his brain that could apparently affect matter with concussive force.
- Electromagnetic Blasts: He can manipulate the Earth's electromagnetic spectrum so as to release tremendous amounts of heat to incinerate specific targets.
- Telekinetic Flight: By levitating himself, he can “fly” at for very long distances and at speeds of Mach 2.
Healing/Resurrection/Regeneration: He is capable of bringing people back from the dead, healing others, also capable of regenerating damaged organs.
Superhuman Durability: Exodus's skin, bone, and muscle tissues are augmented to levels that are considerably stronger and harder than human and the tissues are impervious to injury to an extraordinary extent. Able to withstand extreme temperatures and pressures. Withstand virtually all toxins, corrosives, punctures, and concussions without sustaining injury; regenerate injured or missing tissue, limbs, organs, and/or brain cells.
Teleportation: Exodus is able to psionically transport himself, his clothing, and additional mass from one location to another.
Empathy: He has the ability to psionically sense, control, alter/manipulate the feelings, sensations and emotions of other people/animals psionically.
Telepathy: Exodus is able to read minds and project his own thoughts into the minds of others. His telepathic powers include:
- Telepathic Tracking: He is able to detect and track other sentient beings by their unique psionic emanations (thought patterns contained in the psionic portion of the spectrum)
- Heightened Awareness: Demonstrated the ability to detect a threat to his well-being in his immediate vicinity before they commit the action and possesses enhanced intuition.
- Telepathic Cloak: He can mask his presence from being detected by others. His abilities can at times go undetected or be counteracted by other more powerful telepaths depending on their level of skill in using their own psi abilities. He can extend these defenses to others around him as well.
- Mind Control: He is capable of controlling the minds of others only if the target is in his physical presence.
- Telepathic Illusions: He has the ability to create illusions to make himself seem to be invisible, look like someone else, or make others experience events that are not truly happening.
- Mind Possession: He has the ability to possess the mind of another, and use that beings body as her own.
- Mind Alteration: Exodus has the ability to alter the minds of others by force of will, changing their personality partially or entirely.
- Psionic Shield: He has the ability to erect a psychic shield for protection of his and of others minds.
- Mental Paralysis: He has the ability to induce temporary mental or physical paralysis.
- Mental Amnesia: He can erase any awareness of particular memories or cause total amnesia.
- Psionic Blasts: Exodus can project psionic force bolts which have no physical effects but which can affect a victim's mind so as to cause the victim pain or unconsciousness and/or turn someone brain-dead..
- Astral Projection: He can project his astral form from his body onto astral planes or the physical planes. In the physical plane he can only travel in astral form over short distances. In the astral plane, he can mentally create psionic objects and manipulate the aspects of his environment.
- Absorb Information: He has the ability to quickly process and store information, by mental transference
- Intuitive Multilingual: He has the ability to intuitively translating new languages.
Psionic Vampirism: Exodus can also 'feed' upon the psionic energies of others. Absorbing and stealing psionic energy from those around him and using it to his own advantage.
Exodus can augment his physical strength with his telekinesis. The limits of this are unknown, but it can be assumed that from certain feat that through his telekinetic powers, he can increase his strength to vast superhuman levels -- Exodus is ultimately capable of lifting far in excess of 100 tons.
Equipment: None known.
Transportation: None known.
Weapons: Damascus steel longsword
- Has a danger-rating of "severe" by the O*N*E
- No trivia.
- Appearances of Bennet du Paris (Earth-1010)
- Character Gallery: Bennet du Paris (Earth-1010)
- Quotations by Bennet du Paris (Earth-1010)
Discover and Discuss
- Search News for: · ·
Links and References