- What the hell have I gotten myself into? This isn't the person I wanted to be... this isn't the life I wanted.
- -- Rockslide
- -- Rockslide
Ben Richards grew up in Jersey City, and was very popular in High School. He was the starting Quarterback, and he always protected his younger cousin, Reed, from the bullies. After graduating High School, Ben and Reed lost contact somewhat, and Ben started working in his father's auto repair shop. One day, he went to go visit Reed at his lab, where he was studying Terrigen alongside fellow scientists Susan Storm and Johnny Landau. Ben and Johnny took an instant disliking to each other, and quickly got into an argument that resulted in Ben being pushed into a table containing Terrigen, which exposed them all to the mists, transforming them into Inhumans.
The four of them were quickly recruited into Potts International as the Fantastic Four. Ben was forced to rename himself Ben Grimm to cover up the fact that he is related to Reed, as they wanted to frame him as the "mascot" of the group, who is friends with all the scientists. Ben found this incredibly demeaning, and eventually turned to alcoholism to cope with the lie he had been forced to live.
Powers and Abilities
- Unstable Molecule Suit
Weapons: None known.
- No special notes.
- Ben doesn't necessarily hate being an Inhuman, but he despises being a prop for Potts International.
- Appearances of Benjamin Richards (Earth-1515)
- Character Gallery: Benjamin Richards (Earth-1515)
- Quotations by Benjamin Richards (Earth-1515)
Discover and Discuss
- Search News for: · ·
Links and References