- With great power comes great destiny. I've known who I wanted to be... who I'm supposed to be... from the moment I was born.
- -- Benjy Parker/Spider-Boy
- -- Benjy Parker/Spider-Boy
The son of the famous Spider-Man, Benjamin Richard "Benjy" Parker became the avatar of the Spider-Totem known as the Scion almost from birth; their personalities, while somewhat distinct, would become largely meshed as he grew up. Possessing powers that rivaled (if not surpassed) even his father and sister, the Spectacular Spider-Girl/Woman, Benjy was raised and trained by his adoptive uncle Ben, himself a Spider-Man. When his sister and uncle began leaving on more and more various multidimensional adventures, Benjy recognized the plight of New York City in their absence. Donning a costume, he took to the streets as a crimefighter of his own, believing that it was his destiny to do so. The public quickly dubbed him Spider-Boy, a title he chaffed against at first but gradually grew to love.
Powers and Abilities
Spider Physiology- From birth, Benjy was made an avatar of the Spider-Totem called The Scion. While he possessed various spider-related abilities from his father's genes, this connection enhanced them beyond their usual levels. While the use of his powers is often curtailed by his own lack of experience and his age, his potential is top-grade among the various Spider-Men in the multiverse.
- Organic Webbing- Unlike his father and older sister, Benjy has demonstrated the ability to produce his own, organic webbing. It is typically released from his fingers, though he can also release it from his wrists or the back of his hand for stylistic effect. Its strength and other properties seem nearly-identical to those used by his predecessors, though the fact that it can emerge from his fingers allows Spider-Boy to fire off up to ten strands at once for various purposes. While he lacks the ability to naturally create variants similar to those used by Spider-Man, his symbiote-based costume can help him modify his webbing's properties to create similar attributes; however, even then his range of modifications appears to be extremely limited. While he makes the same pose with his fingers that his father and sister did, he prefers to release his webbing from the top of his wrist (similar to how his father used his black suit). This webbing can be released from any part of Spider-Boy's body, and is thus a common factor in the creation of his costume.
- Superhuman strength-
- Superhuman speed-
- Superhuman reflexes-
- Superhuman agility-
- Superhuman equilibrium-
- Superhuman endurance-
- Regenerative healing factor-
The Scion - Benjy is the avatar of the Scion Spider-Totem. While it is typically passive, merely augmenting the abilities inherited from his family, when placed in extreme danger Spider-Boy manifests a variety of other abilities that are directly derived from this being.
- Monstrous transformation-
Organic Costume Generation/Manipulation- A combination of his connection to a Spider-Totem and his natural spider physiology, Spider-Boy creates his costume by tapping into the power of the Scion within him. When this is done, every pore in his body releases large amounts of webbing that surround and bind him in a cocoon. Moments later, his insignia emblazes itself on its front, and he bursts out in full costume. The costume is similar to Silk's in that it is made of hardened, complex webbing that clings to his body like a second skin. Removal is accomplished by simply tearing off the suit, a stressless task due to the fact that Benjy can produce a new one on the fly. The webbing that makes up the suit can also be slightly separated from the main body and used to further anchor Spider-Boy (or any chosen target) to a nearby surface or assist in his web-slinging. It can also be used to stick things to his body with greater strength than a cloth costume could muster, virtually guaranteeing that he won't drop anything (or anyone).
Klyntar Affinity ("Venomsense")- Due to being possessed by the Carnage symbiote as a baby, Benjy can now detect symbiotes in his vicinity, in a manner similar to his regular spider-sense. When in close-enough contact he has even demonstrated the ability to communicate with them in a limited sense, and can resist the mind-altering effects of one being bonded to him for long periods of time. However, in the latter case the effort of resisting often leaves Spider-Boy visibly drained and exhausted when it is over.
As a possessor of superhuman strength, Spider-Boy can lift up to 10 tons with ease.
Ethyl Chloride- A side-effect of inheriting his father's powers, Benjy is visibly weakened when exposed to large amounts of the pesticide ethyl chloride.
Equipment: None known.
Transportation: None known.
Weapons: None known.
Spider-Boy's suit was heavily inspired by that of Haunt while being conceptualized, and Madison has stated that he envisions it as a fusion of that and the white suit unlockable in Spider-Man 2: Enter Electro. The picture used is the closest yet found to the look envisioned by the creator. The image was drawn using a Spectacular Spider-Man base by RiderB0y, based on a color variant proposed by AJ-Prime.
- No trivia.
- Appearances of Benjamin Richard Parker (Earth-982B)
- Character Gallery: Benjamin Richard Parker (Earth-982B)
- Quotations by Benjamin Richard Parker (Earth-982B)
Discover and Discuss
- Search News for: · ·
Links and References