Ben and his twin sister; May were born to photographer Peter Parker and his super model wife Mary Jane Watson-Parker. At this point in Peter's life, he had retired as Spider-Man since New York had entered a "Golden Age" where the streets were clean and there was rarely any superpowered activity. Due to this, Ben and May lived a relatively normal life and grew up unaware their father was Spider-Man.
In his sophomore year of high school, Ben was much like his father. Anti-social and had a knack for science, Ben also liked to read comics and play video games. During a seemingly normal day during high school, Ben began to feel strange during class and his hands began violently shaking until he suddenly he had a muscle spasm and ended up breaking his desk in half.
Ben then went to the bathroom and saw that he had developed muscles and had grown talons in his fingers, he then checked the mirror and noticed he had grown fangs. Freaked out, Ben leaves school and runs home. With mutants still being frowned upon in society, Ben was too afraid to tell his parents and so he confided in his twin to which he found out she had also developed powers a week earlier.
Ben and May decided to go to Stark Industries to learn more about their powers, at this point in time Stark Industries had a division that would help individuals who had recently manifested superpowers and would help them understand and to control them whether they were mutants, mutates or Inhumans.
Ben and May eventually discovered they were mutants and had abilities similar to the superhero Spider-Man. After a few weeks of training, the two had managed to come to grips with their powers. They eventually suspected their father was Spider-Man and decided to confront him about it, Peter initially denied this but admitted to it when he saw his children display spider-like abilities. Peter would then go on to explain to his children about how he became Spider-Man and all of his history up until the point he retired.
Becoming the new Spider-Man
A few months later, superpowered criminal activity began to increase but Sam had to take action as one day a superpowered criminal attacked a mall he was currently at. Ben would use his organic webbing to web a disguise for himself and would battle the criminal and eventually defeat him. Ben would realize crime is starting to become prominent in New York again and created his own costume and become the new Spider-Man.
Spider-Man and Woman
Not long after, May would use her powers to help others too and become Spider-Woman. Spider-Man would help his sister battle villains on occasion but the two would often operate solo instead of being partners.
Powers and Abilities
- Spider-Physiology: Ben possesses powers inherited from his father, including the proportionate strength, speed, and agility of a spider although he has some deviations which includes talons, fangs and organic webbing.
- Superhuman Strength: Ben possesses the proportionate strength of a spider. At his peak, he possesses sufficient superhuman strength to lift up to 10 tons. Ben's great strength also extends to his legs, allowing him to leap great distances. He has been known to leap to heights of at least 30 feet in a single bound.
- Superhuman Speed: Ben can run and move at speeds that are beyond the natural physical limits of the finest human athlete.
- Superhuman Stamina: Ben's advanced musculature generates less fatigue toxins during physical activity than the musculature of a normal human. At his peak, he can physically exert himself for at least several hours before the build up of fatigue toxins in his blood begins to impair him.
- Superhuman Durability: Ben's body is harder and more resistant to certain types of physical injury than the body of an ordinary human, though he's far from invulnerable. His bodily tissues are conditioned to allow him to withstand great impact forces and he has resisted impacts, such as falling from a height of many stories and being repeatedly struck by a super-humanly strong opponent, that would severely injure or kill a normal human with little to no injury to himself.
- Superhuman Agility: Ben's agility, balance, and bodily coordination are all enhanced to levels that are beyond the natural physical limits of the finest human athlete.
- Superhuman Reflexes:Ben's reflexes are similarly enhanced and are superior to those of the finest human athlete.
- Accelerated Vision: Ben's visual acuity is considerably beyond that of a normal human. He can see objects at much greater distances, with perfect clarity, relative to an ordinary human. Ben possesses this same level of clarity at night, enabling him to see in near-complete darkness. It is possible that he is able to see into the infra-red end of the electromagnetic spectrum, enabling him to see a person's body heat. the flicker-fusion horizon (the speed at which some objects appear as a blur) in his eyes is superior to other people. What appears as a blur to most people, he can see perfectly. It also acts as a type of early warning, not the degree of a spider-sense but he is able to see attacks coming from far away.
- Accelerated Healing Factor: Ben Parker's genetically-enhanced metabolism/physiology affords him a self-healing ability that lets him regenerate damaged bodily tissues at a highly-accelerated rate. Injuries such as slashes or puncture wounds can heal completely within a matter of a few minutes. It isn't known if Ben's healing powers afford him greater resistance to toxins or diseases. Ben's healing factor isn't sufficiently enhanced to regenerate severed limbs or missing organs.
- Longevity: Ben Parker ages at a very slow rate due to the rapid regeneration of healthy bodily tissues & cells.
- Talons and Fangs: Ben possesses elongated canine teeth that secrete a paralyzing, though non-toxic, venom. He also possesses short, retractable talons at the tips of his fingers and toes that he uses to dig into surfaced, enabling him to crawl along them as a spider might. The talons are also razor sharp and, coupled with his great strength, are able to rend materials as durable as cinder block.
- Spinnerets: Both of Ben's wrists contain a set of spinnerets that release a very strong and sticky web-like substance from the back of his wrists. O'Hara can use this webbing to swing from building to building with or as a means of restraining an individual. Unlike the original Spider-Man, Ben's webs are organic and are chemically identical to real spider silk.
Equipment: None known.
Transportation: None known.
Weapons: None known.
- No special notes.
- No trivia.
- Appearances of Benjamin Parker II (Earth-983)
- Character Gallery: Benjamin Parker II (Earth-983)
- Quotations by Benjamin Parker II (Earth-983)
Discover and Discuss
- Search News for: · ·
Links and References