Anton Vanko was a defected Russian physicist who helped Howard Stark design the Arc Reactor. The scientist was deported when it was clear he was working for money rather than for the benefit of humanity. Anton fell into alcoholism and proceeded to abuse for many years his young son Ivan, who would later become a physicist as his father was.
Powers and Abilities
Vanko possessed no inherent superhuman powers. All powers were derived from the Crimson Dynamo armor.
- Scientific Genius - Professor Vanko was a brilliant engineer and one of the world's foremost experts on electricity and electromagnetism. Counted among his many achievements was the Jet Paralyzer.
Without his armor, the Crimson Dynamo possessed the normal human strength of a man of his age, height and build who engaged in minimal regular exercise.
Without the armor, Vanko possessed all of the conventional vulnerabilities of any normal human. Though the armor was durable, it was poorly insulated and the circuitry was particularly vulnerable to short outs if exposed to water.
Equipment: Crimson Dynamo Armor MK I: The Crimson Dynamo's armor was an electrically powered, computer-assisted carborundum-matrix alloy exoskeleton equipped with a number of offensive weapons that granted Vanko superhuman abilities.
- Superhuman Strength: The armor increased Vanko's physical strength to superhuman levels allowing him to lift approximately 1 ton.
- Superhuman Durability: The metal alloy that the armor was constructed of provided Vanko much greater resistance to physical injury than an ordinary human. The armor could withstand high caliber bullets, falls from great heights, and great impact forces without sustaining damage.
- Electronic Circuitry: The Crimson Dynamo's armor was equipped with an array of miniature electrical generators that allowed him to generate and manipulate electrical fields for a variety of effects:
- Electrical Blasts - The Crimson Dynamo could project high-frequency lightning-like discharges of electrical energy from his gauntlets to a maximum distance of approximately 100 feet.
- Electrical Override – The Crimson Dynamo could uses his armor's circuitry to electromagnetically control nearby electronic devices.
- Disruptor Field – The Crimson Dynamo could use his armor's circuitry to generate electromagnetic interference capable of disrupting the function of nearby electronic devices.
Transportation: None known.
Weapons: None known.
- No special notes.
- No trivia.
- Appearances of Anton Vanko (Earth-1010)
- Character Gallery: Anton Vanko (Earth-1010)
- Quotations by Anton Vanko (Earth-1010)
Discover and Discuss
- Search News for: · ·
Links and References