- I always believed the world would become a technological paradise... I just never imagined I would be playing this role in it.
- -- Iron Man
- -- Iron Man
Tony Stark was a S.H.I.E.L.D. Agent helping to headline the fight against Apocalypse. Following the fall of S.H.I.E.L.D., Iron Man teamed up with his fellow Avenger, Ant-Man, to create an artificial intelligence capable of bringing him down. However, after Ultron was brought online, he instantly betrayed his creators and began carrying out his programming by attempting to wipe out all life on Earth.
Ashamed and horrified, Iron Man launched an attack on Ultron's Citadel in Europe, only to be kidnapped and have his mind reprogrammed by Ultron, bonding him completely to his armor. He retained his personality and intelligence, but was now completely dedicated to Ultron's mission.
However, the humanity he still retained did lead to him starting an affair with Jocasta after she was implanted into Janet van Dyne's body, despite his fiance, Pepper, also being transformed into one of Ultron's drones.
After Ultron grew tired of Stark's constant insubordination, he transferred his consciousness into a new suit of armor dubbed "The Iron Mecha", essentially erasing what little humanity he had left.
Later, when the Outsiders came to Earth-9999, the Iron Mecha was sent to kill them by Ultron. During the battle, however, he was overpowered by the team and had his consciousness wiped out by Forge before Firestar completely melted his outer shell.
Powers and Abilities
- Energy Blasts
- Force Field Projection
- Genius Level Intellect
- Iron Man Suit
Transportation: Capable of Flight
- Tank Missiles
- Arc Reactor
- No special notes.
- Iron Man has the access codes to override both Rampage and War Machine.
- In the animated film Age of the Outsiders, Iron Man is voiced by Marc Worden. Worden has previously voiced the character in Ultimate Avengers, Ultimate Avengers 2: Rise of the Panther, The Invincible Iron Man, Planet Hulk, and Marvel Heroes.
- Appearances of Anthony Stark (Earth-9999)
- Character Gallery: Anthony Stark (Earth-9999)
- Quotations by Anthony Stark (Earth-9999)
Discover and Discuss
- Search News for: · ·
Links and References