Ant-Man and the Wasp and the Ant-Man is a Marvelette Cinematic Universe Phase Five film. It was released on April 7th, 2023, following Blade and preceding Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 3. The film is directed by Peyton Reed.
- Paul Rudd as Scott Lang / Ant-Man / Giant-Man
- Evangeline Lilly as Hope van Dyne / Wasp
- Glenn Howerton as Eric O'Grady / Ant-Man (First Appearance)
- Michael Douglas as Hank Pym (Death)
- Michelle Pfeiffer as Janet van Dyne
- Emma Fuhrmann as Cassie Lang
- Michael Emerson as George Tarleton / M.O.D.O.C. (First Appearance) (Death)
- Michael Pena as Luis Martinez
- Tip "T.I." Harris as Dave Harris
- David Dastmalchian as Kurt Johansson
- Judy Greer as Maggie Paxton
- Bobby Cannavale as Jim Paxton
- Christina Brondo as Monica Rappacchini (First Appearance)
- Tom Cavanagh as Lyle Getz (First Appearance)
- Lamorne Morris as Marvin Flumm (First Appearance)
- Walton Goggins as Sonny Burch (Cameo)
- Hannah John-Kamen as Ava Starr / Ghost (Cameo)
- Laurence Fishburne as Bill Foster (Cameo)
- Peyton Reed: Director
- Paul Rudd: Writer
- Chris McKenna: Writer
- Erik Sommers: Writer
- Kid Marvelette: Executive Producer
- Kevin Feige: Executive Producer
- Trinh Tran: Producer
- Victoria Alonso: Producer
- Louis D'Esposito: Producer
- Mark Mothersbaugh: Composer
During the fall of S.H.I.E.L.D., low level agent Eric O'Grady stole an experimental Ant-Man suit and has been using it to commit petty crimes and stay under the radar ever since. While this is a nuisance, it isn't the biggest problem that Ant-Man and the Wasp find themselves up against. A horde of disgruntled former AIM employees come together and rebuild the organization, with its leader, George Tarleton, slowly mutating himself into the maniacal mastermind M.O.D.O.C.!
- The title "Ant-Man and the Wasp and the Ant-Man", as well as a broad plot outline are inspired by a pitch from the YouTuber Nando v. Movies. His pitch for the film can be viewed here.
- M.O.D.O.C. in the film stands for "Mental Organism Designed Only for Computing".
- The high-ranking AIM members who work with M.O.D.O.C., Monica Rappacchini, Lyle Getz, and Marvin Flumm are all based off of existing AIM members in the comics.
- This film finally reveals the full names of Scott Lang's friends and co-workers, Luis Martinez, Dave Harris, and Kurt Johansson.
- The mid-credits scene shows Bill Foster and Ava Starr experimenting with the Quantum Realm in an attempt to stable her, but ends when something goes wrong and explodes.
- The post-credits scene seems to hint that Cassie Lang is attempting to build her own suit using Pym Particles she had stolen from the Black Ant suit.
- Sonny Burch makes a cameo appearance in prison when George Tarleton comes to visit him, revealing AIM was his buyer from Ant-Man and the Wasp.