- All I've ever done is make life worse for the people who cared about me. For the longest time, I thought I deserved to rot in Hell. I probably still do. But I'm done living in this hole I've dug for myself... I want to feel like I'm doing something good again.
- -- Forge
- -- Forge
Alistair Silvercloud grew up as a pariah in his tribe, always trying to usher them forward into the future with his technological advancements. His sense of displacement eventually led him to join the X-Men, a team of mutant superheroes, where he met and fell in love with a former assassin named Domino. After serving on the X-Men for years, Forge became sympathetic to the mutants with detrimental mutations and begins working on a mutant cure. Believing he had make a breakthrough, he tested his cure on his teammate, Rogue. At first, the cure seemed successful, and Forge began administering it to other mutants, but it soon became clear that the loss of powers was just the first symptom of what came to be known as the Legacy Virus. Soon, even mutants who hadn't taken the cure became infected, and all across the globe mutants began going extinct, with only Forge to blame. Distraught and heartbroken after Domino succumbed to the Virus, Forge became a recluse and locked himself away from the X-Men who were still fighting for survival.
Forge was recruited onto the Renegades under the promise that if he were to return to his world, the mutant race would go completely extinct, and the Virus would extend to humanity, eventually leaving Forge the only living being on Earth. Partially believing he deserved such a sentence, Forge only accepted because he felt he had no other choice. He ended up going on several bloody missions with the Renegades before being pitted against the Outsiders to consolidate the teams.
Forge survived the battle and was placed on the Outsiders. He initially had poor relations with his new teammates, but eventually remained the only Renegade left, following Ravager returning to his home reality and Deadpool being abandoned on a zombie-ridden world. Forge would soon come to open up to his teammates, particularly the alternate version of his wife, Black Widow, about his mistakes and his desire to make amends. The Outsiders were quick to accept him and offer him a new family, which he slowly came to accept.
Powers and Abilities
- Genius Level Intellect
Above Average Strength
- Mechanic Arm
Transportation: The Tallus
- No special notes.
- Forge is one of the only characters to be both a Renegade and an Outsider, the others being Ravager and Deadpool. Forge is the only one to remain on the Outsiders.
- He has complicated feelings towards Black Widow. He finds it difficult to look at her, but knows she is not the same woman he loved. She understands and tries to keep her distance, but they often find each other leaning on the other for support during particularly difficult missions.
- Since becoming an Outsider, Forge has taken Quake's spot behind the scenes and usually operates from the Outside.
- He also spends his free time attempting to reverse engineer the Legacy Virus in an attempt to save what's left of his home world.
- Forge appears in the animated film Age of the Outsiders voiced by Phil LaMarr, who had previously voiced the character in X-Men: Destiny. LaMarr also voices Forge's Earth-9999 counterpart.
- Appearances of Alistair Silvercloud (Earth-511)
- Character Gallery: Alistair Silvercloud (Earth-511)
- Quotations by Alistair Silvercloud (Earth-511)
Discover and Discuss
- Search News for: · ·
Links and References